46 US warships & 7,000 US Marines on route to Costa Rica?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum 46 US warships & 7,000 US Marines on route to Costa Rica?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 129 total)
  • Author

[quote=”jenny”]I think it is wonderful, now these young women will have some young men to chose from and not all these old goats. You can count the ships, but I’ll count the young men coming. WOW, boom shockalaka, boom shockalaka, boom. The ships are not what tickles my fancy but the young men on board will be a plus after seeing all these old goats getting off the plane and marrying these girls that should be their great grand daughters. Oh will this statement light a fire.

By the way all of you that are so dicussed with the US there is one thing you have not given up and that is your passport. Just burn it.

You do have your Costa Rican citizenship? They will talk about it now Scott, “Shalom”[/quote]YOU GO GIRL!!!

fdelahanty

Dear Scott,

I’m horrified to hear this news! How could the Costa Rican congress have allowed this to happen? I’ve considered moving to Costa Rica because it has abolished its army, whereas the US has become a military empire, spreading its cloud of bombs and weapons throughout the planet. Costa Rica seemed to be one place where this military craziness was banned!

We don’t need a military war on drugs! We need people attending to the social conditions that invite people to turn to drugs when their lives are less than meaningful and hopeful.

I’m deeply saddened and horrified by this news. I hope something can be done to reverse this.

Frances
    White Plains NY

plsrskr

This is a reply I got:
    A similar, but not quite as intense, thing is occuring in Panama. Panama is building a number of bases with the help of US forces to be used for drug interdiction. Drug busts in Panama are made very public, and they run in the 100’s of tons of cocaine and heroin.
    This is not a scene you want to be involved in. You can follow the news on this site:

http://www.panama-guide.com

Key word searchs will give you some info as to what is going on in the neighborhood.

Personally don’t like it one bit .Gulf or Chavez who knows but it’s not good

costaricafinca
    Participant

I do not ordinarily post on topics involving the USA, but it seems that this country and its inhabitants accept/want help, like in the case of the last earthquake, last years flooding and other natural disasters

jhaywood3

I was reading that the Costa Rican Coast Guard only has 18 ships that are still in good enough shape to patrol, covering more than 500,000 square kilometers of water off CR’s borders. The annual budget for the CRCG is about $168k US dollars with about 85% going to the Caja to cover wages. With such a measly budget and an immense span of waters to cover, it would seem like a little help could be in order. Additionally, it is suspected that a majority of the drugs being shipped are coming through the waters of the Pacific.

Do I doubt that there is some devious plan lying deep beneath the surface here…not for a moment!

maravilla

but why WARships?? since when are WARships part of a humanitarian effort? and not one or two, but 46! and 7000 marines? something doesn’t add up here.

maravilla

here’s why this whole thing is fishy: We invaded Grenada in 1983 with only 1200 troops! So if we can stage a bloody coup with only 1200 marines, what can the US do with 7000?

http://www.historyguy.com/Grenada.html

daddy1705

Here is what is truly going on with the US sending this envoy to Costa Rica. Russian sources are reporting in the Kremlin today that NATO has ordered over 7,000 US Marines
    to begin deploying in the Central American Nation of Costa Rica over fears the disastrous oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is about to rupture the fracture zone lying between the North American and Caribbean Plates and potentially
    unleashing upon the America’s a catastrophic earthquake.
    Admiral Di Paola’s fears, this report continues, lies in the massive amount of abiogenic and methane gases being released from the Gulf of Mexico which many experts are warning could destabilize an already weakened earthquake zone and which Russian scientists are holding responsible
    for the 5.0 magnitude trembler that hit the Great Lakes region barely a fortnight ago and the 4.6 Virgin Island
    and 4.7 Guatemala quakes occurring during the past 24 hours. Equally potentially catastrophic for this region is this massive oil spill occurring during a predicted above average hurricane season as another storm begins churning these troubled waters, it occurring during a time of a total solar eclipse due to occur on July 11th and as our Sun begins throwing off a number of massive flares all long associated with earthquakes in both modern and ancient lore. The connection with catastrophic earthquakes upon our Earth and their association with solar eclipses have long been known and was last evidenced by the January 12, 2010 7.0 magnitude quake that destroyed the Caribbean Island of Haiti killing over 250,000 and occurring
    3 days before the January 15, 2010 solar eclipse. Admiral Di Paola’s decision to move these 7,000 US Marines from their American base in North Carolina to Costa Rica, this report continues, is based upon his need to have “viable forces” positioned on either side of the North American and Caribbean Plate Zones should disaster strike.
    So Tico’s and Tica’s my advice to you based on this grim news is “button down the hatches” and be prepared for the worst but hope for the best!

Pura Vida,

David D

DavidCMurray
    Participant

You guys are all missing the obvious. These “WARships” are “WARships” in name only. In fact, they’re not combatant vessels at all. They’re U.S. Navy supply and support ships that will be sent not to support U.S. Marines but to support the Navy’s CBs (“Construction Battalions”) (aka: “SeaBees”). The Sea Bees will be outfitted as Marines to obscure their real purpose in being here.

And what is that real purpose, you ask? Obviously, they’re coming to build internment (aka “concentration”) camps to house American expats living in Costa Rica as part of the FEMA build-up of similar facilities in the United States and throughout the world. The Oh, Bummer Administration, caught in a budget crunch, has determined that it will be cheaper to intern us all right here where we are than to move us en mass back to the United States to be held in the FEMA camps they’ve been rehabilitating on the sites of all the old World War II Japanese American internment camps in the Pacific northwest. The real estate here is cheaper and they can feed us on rice and beans.

And why 200 helicopters, you ask? That’s to facilitate rounding up the last holdouts who hightail it for the mountainous and jungle areas. You can run, but you can’t hide from heat-seeking infrared sensors, my friends, not even underground.

And once we’re all “comfortably” ensconced in our new “homes”, they’ll turn on the loudspeakers and inundate us 24/7 with propaganda that will turn us all into Wahabi(sp?) Muslims.

This is the [u]real[/u] Obama agenda, folks, so roll up your prayer rugs, grab your toothbrushes, and get ready. The “Marines” are about to land!

BTW, this must be true. I read it on the Internet.

Andrew@CR

I have to say I take offense to calling the brave men and women of the U.S. military “terrorists!”

[quote=”F.A Skippy”]With that kind of equipment, and the fleet includes the floating hospital, they’re fixin’ to take FreeDumb and DemoNcrasy to somebody.
    Find a body bag manufacturer and buy some stock.
    As usual, with the falling empire, whatever they are up to will be a total failure.

The correct headline should read. ” SEVEN THOUSAND TERRORISTS SEEN IN COSTA RICA”.
    The idiocracy at it’s finest.[/quote]

johnr

Here is a link to a drug bust in CR this week. It also discusses the sub they captured last week.

http://www2.canada.com/windsorstar/news/story.html?id=c47f38b6-7efe-4f96-a193-b10be71aadc7

Also, for those of you who do not think the US military is in CR anyway – ever see the crews that board the AWACS at Liberia Airport?

pacifitica21

Read – Confessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins. Are any willing to go beyond and ‘get’ the BIGGER PICTURE? Could this ‘mystery’ have begun when CR agreed to enter into the CAFTA agreement? Could Chavez really be the enemy…OR is it what the US would have you believe? You can also google Zeitgeist Addendum to view a movie explaining the process.
    We need to start thinking for ourselves. It’s time to wake up! Keep asking the why’s and your awareness will expand exponentially.

maravilla

costa rica will bend to the will of the U.S. as long as it owes money to the IMF and WB. they call the shots, just as they did in panama, ecuador, and every other country where huge loans were granted and the country couldn’t pay the debt.

abbadad

The paranoid responses here are truly amazing. If so many of you know “the TRUE secret motivation” it really isn’t much of a secret, is it?

There is no such thing as a “Baker Act” in Costa Rica. I can tell.:shock:

And no answered my question.

maravilla

oh, come on, questioning the tactics of the powers that be doesn’t necessarily mean we’re all crazy! in fact, i would say the people running the show are the ones who should be rounded up and given a shot of prolixin! if you’ve ever investigated the incidents and the lies that were told leading up to the Vietnam War you would understand why it is not even in the realm of possibility to believe what we are told. it’s always the people who haven’t a clue who insist that those who have some insight are the wingnuts. jjjjjjj

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.