46 US warships & 7,000 US Marines on route to Costa Rica?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum 46 US warships & 7,000 US Marines on route to Costa Rica?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 129 total)
  • Author

6. The article did not make it clear whether these vessels would be patrolling off the Pacific or Atlantic coast but either way, is it possible they are on their way to Venezuela? Either as a show of force or something more serious?
    7. Does anyone know if any no there not
    there has been a continuing operation in Guatamela and for the last 2 years there have been ships off both coasts and us navy seals in and about antigua.
    weel you ask why….answer
    there a 2 or 3 alkida training camps in and about the mexica/ guat border. on recent report released there has been shown a great increase in the amt of cocaine shipped by boat and other means to west africa from the caribbean…source does not say what country but look at the past….the iran contra affaair was run out of san jose by the helicopter guys remember them? if you forgot you did not lose money and if you remember you made money…….
    there are mullahs in salvador and guatamela giving money to the gang ms13 to help with the terror stuff and fighting at the border……

rathael

Anyone with a sense of history of the U.S., should not trust this procedure at all. It simply, doesn’t make sense. I can’t believe the government of Costa Rica is condoning this. I am thinking of retiring to Costa Rica in the near future. If the Costa Rican government is just another puppet of the U.S., maybe I should be reconsidering my place of retirement. I am so upset to read this.

Don’t trust the U.S., ever!!!!!!!!

F.A Skippy

With that kind of equipment, and the fleet includes the floating hospital, they’re fixin’ to take FreeDumb and DemoNcrasy to somebody.
    Find a body bag manufacturer and buy some stock.
    As usual, with the falling empire, whatever they are up to will be a total failure.

The correct headline should read. ” SEVEN THOUSAND TERRORISTS SEEN IN COSTA RICA”.
    The idiocracy at it’s finest.

johnr

Wow. Hoopty doo.

1. What “humanitarian” crisis is Costa Rica suffering from at this time?

I don’t think it mentioned a “crisis”. Every time I’m in CR I see schools, clinics, infrustructure that could use some attention. 7000 Marines can do a lot of good work.

2. What sort of “humanitarian missions” would take place in Costa Rica and where?

Do you care! Help is help.

3. Based on the truly horrific, drug crime related slaughters we have witnessed in Mexico, don’t you personally think it would be better conducting these kinds of “anti-narcotics operations” in northern Mexico?

Not really. We already have troops helping Mexico. Did anyone just read about the submarine captured in Ecuador? Wake up – you intercept drugs when and where you can.

4. With what is probably the world’s worst environmental disaster going on right now in the Gulf of Mexico, don’t you personally think it would be more appropriate (and certainly more appreciated) if these “humanitarian missions” were done in the Gulf?

Sure, 7000 Marines and several thousand sailors with their ships in dock in Mobile could help clean up beach areas. There are also 10,000 unemployed workers in the gulf area that BP could hire to do the same job. Resources are resources but there is no reason to go Glen Beck on a mission to Costa Rica.

Robb77536

Scott: This is a show of force by the U.S. The Rulers have decided that this area has gotten too independent for its own good, and have come to calm the children down. I just hope the Rulers don’t decide to discipline them, and I very truely doubt that the politicos in C.R. had much of a choice in the matter – but that is just my opinion only. By the way, if a vessel carries cruse missles, it can, and probably does, cary nuclear weapons.

rpierc01

I suspect the 7000 Marines are here to root out US ex-pats who were smart enough to escape from the Marxist government the USA now labors under. Now, I could be wrong. They could only be here to gather up bananas for the monkey they call commander-in-chief

chance

[quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”Scott”]I can’t believe you guys are not talking about this?
    well,Obama has made a mess everywhere else, why not spread some hate and discontent in central america
    Yo saw last week’s news with 46 US warships and 7,000 US Marines on their way to Costa Rica?

[ http://www.nacion.com/2010-07-02/ElPais/NotasSecundarias/ElPais2431541.aspx ]

On the 2nd July 2010 the Costa Rica Congress authorized the entry of 46 U.S. warships capable of carrying 200 helicopters and warplanes, plus 7,000 U.S. Marines “who may circulate the country in uniform without any restrictions” , plus submarine killer ships to the Costa Rican coast for “counternarcotics operations and humanitarian missions’ between 1st July 2010 until 31st December 2010.

But seriously, what do you think is going on?[/quote]

Sounds to me like the Costa Rican congress has become as stupid as the US congress.

How many Americans were involved in the last drug busts against the narco trafficers?

Misplaced is an understatement. More like the US has found out what a decent place Costa RIca is and plans a takeover.

Lets see…thats 1200 National Guardsmen for Mexican border patrol and 7,000 marines for Costa Rica. Something doesn’t sound right to me.[/quote]

maravilla

[quote=”rpierc01″] They could only be here to gather up bananas for the monkey they call commander-in-chief[/quote]

better yet, maybe they are here to get rid of all the blatant racists! i suppose you are one of those Birthers?? please don’t move to Costa Rica!

Robb77536

[quote=”maravilla”][quote=”rpierc01″] They could only be here to gather up bananas for the monkey they call commander-in-chief[/quote]

better yet, maybe they are here to get rid of all the blatant racists! i suppose you are one of those Birthers??

BIRTHER? What is a “BIRTHER?”

maravilla

“Birthers” are the fanatical group who believe that Obama was born either in Africa or Indonesia, depending on what day of the month it is.

rosiemaji

This has not been reported in any US news source that I could find. The original article was from some global source. That could be why no one is talking about it (except in this forum) because the US populace does not know about it. Very scary indeed! If this information is true, the American people would be very upset to learn of it. There has been all kinds of speculation in this forum and I suspect the same kind of speculation would be present in the US population as well. Secret missions usually spell trouble.

crltd

[quote=”maravilla”]the cia has already tried to assassinate chavez twice.[/quote]
    yes, chavez is a thorn in latin america’s side and the u.s. is just countering the huge weapons purchase venezula made from russia. all american submarines are nuclear powered to the best of my knowledge. cia took out the honduran pres as he was warming up to chavez and aiming to change the term limits as chavez did. president with no term limits is paramount to dictatorship.
    is it our business? teddy roosevelt beleived that any country in our hemisphere was a security threat to the us.
    he and president taft afterward basically initiated the policy that we continue today. when columbia would not play ball on the lease to build the canal we just sent a gunboat to colon and gunboat with marines to the west coast, landed our troops and blatantly told the garrison Columbian commander that we have just taken over the zone and named it panama.

zephyr

It is highly unlikely that a maneuver of this scale would be mounted against purported drug activities – particularly in a nation with minimal strategic importance to the U.S.
    It is considerably more likely to be a ‘show of force’ designed to send a message to Hugo Chavez warning him to limit his ambitions in the region; and/or a reaction to a undisclosed threat against the vitally important Panama Canal.

maravilla

there is a lot of stuff happening in Honduras since the coup, including the murder of 8 journalists. don’t expect to read about what’s going on there in the mainstream press or see it on Faux News, but if you’re interested, here’s the official website with reporting by local journalists. before i came to Costa Rica I was warned NOT to go to Nicaragua because the Navy Seals were positioned for an uprising, so there is plenty going on in this region to warrant having lots of U.S. military presence.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Honduras-RESISTS-Honduras-RESISTE/177719229920

jan hart

I’m very concerned when I hear that 7000 US troops are coming in with 43 war ships. What is this show of force for? My best guess is in agreement that it likely could be a show of force for Chavez. Also – the huge military base that the US has been building in Colombia is purported to be for drug traffiking – but – I’ve read that the runways are able to handle the largest aircraft. What for? Again, I am concerned. I do not trust secret missions by the United States. And remember – just because someone calls something a ‘conspiracy theory’ doesn’t mean it is not true. There are plenty that are.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.