46 US warships & 7,000 US Marines on route to Costa Rica?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum 46 US warships & 7,000 US Marines on route to Costa Rica?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    rfalves

[quote=”ticorealtor”]

I guess to start out with for number 1

I believe this year Costa Rica might be ready for the New Horizons event. Once a year in this hemisphere the U.S. will do a major push for a humanitarian event, such as building schools, hospitals ect in areas that need them. Yes there are plenty of areas that need them more like Paraguay but that is politically charged issue because of Venezuela. When a New Horizon location is picked they will create a team to asses the needs and impact. Costa Rica does have a lot of areas that do need infrastructure and could really use the help.

As for number 3 well you are a little too late because the U.S. has been a major factor in helping CR in anti narco, if it wasn’t for the U.S. CR would not be able to keep up with the problems that are arising. I can’t say too much about what, when and how because I am still in the military but CR has really benefited from the U.S. support in training and equipment.

If you want more information you can always look it up in Southern Command.

As for number 4 well I think BP ….. has a lot to do with it. My brother works for BP in Alaska and they really have some big problems. I guess maybe the britz might want to take a look at their company and figure out their problem instead of just raping the U.S. for money.[/quote]

WOW Ticorealtor and still active military now is that not an oxy moron. Ron USCG Ret

rfalves

Hi, Yes it is hard to believe anything that the USA government says. As for the Navy ships, they have no power or auturoity to stop or arrest drug smugglers. When I was on the navy ships chasing drugs in the Caribean the ship was under my command sort of when it came to who we stopped or who we chased. So I as an enlisted E7 told he Capitan of the ship when and where to go. That is why the ships coming here are under the control on the USCG. I do not believe that any of those ships have Nuclear material on them.
    Yes the drug war in Mexico is the worst I have seen in over 20 years. But if you stop to think, where do those drugs going thru Mexico come from. Most of those drugs come Columbia and alot of those come thru Costa Rica either by land or thru the Costa Rican waters.
    Does that mean that I believe that there is some other thing going on that they did not tell us, HELL yes something else is going to happen, but the chances of any of us ever finding out what that is, It will not happen. Even If I went to one the the ships after they dock aand I went up to the CO and asked what is going on they will not tell me even though I still have Top Secret Clearance.
    So we will just have to wait and see what happens, and besides what we think or want is not even taked into concideration when the two governments talk. Ron USCG RET

maxdevil

Just what CR needs: The US military machine. Here I am hoping to move to CR in the next few years after buying a nice little farm close to Mt. Chirripo, and I am still going to have to deal with the US military? I live less than 50 miles from Edwards Air Force Base and China Lake Navy Base right now, and the military presence is constant all around here. I am so sick of this macho bullshit, I was really hoping that I would get away from all of this soon. I truly hope that CR is not going to allow the Corporate States of America military machine to disrupt my retirement. I want out of this craziness once and for all, and true peace and quiet! Maxine

rfmark

[quote=”maravilla”]the cia has already tried to assassinate chavez twice.[/quote]

WOW breaking news, did Chavez tell you himself?

pacifitica21

It is the time of AWAKENING, folks. Ask yourself the question…If this has nothing to do with a war on drugs, humanitarian efforts or anything close to the benevolence of humanity, what is left? Increase your awareness and what has come up for you.

Deception seeks to emulate truth as closely as possible while propagating just the opposite.

It shares the superficial characteristics of a positive source and hopes the target audience does not look past the shallow mimicry. Ultimately, something always tends to feel “off” about these sources despite surface appearances indicating nothing out of the ordinary; once intuition alerts you, it is the job of reason to help you zero in on the problem.

Tune in and ask. What you seek you shall find.

wallyby

if they can stem the tide of the drug cartel before they taKE OVER IN COSTA RICA THEN THANK God we don’t want whats happening in mexico and other parts of latin america to take hold here.

maravilla

why would they want a hold in Costa Rica? All the major drug addicts are in the U.S. — Costa Rica is just on the path to Mexico where those drug lords control the trade before it floods America.

Canadianman

The new stadium in San Jose which was donated by China has the American government thinking about that countrys long term intensions. Here in Canada three politicians were just discovered taking orders from foreign countries, one was China. That concern, combined with the US fighting drugs, could be the reasons they are visiting Costa Rica with so many military personnel.

Darin

[quote=”Scott”]I can’t believe you guys are not talking about this?

I think America is projecting it’s power, using the new Costa Rican Prime Minister’s arrival as a window of opportunity to project that power in the face of their own toothlessnes against Chavez. Perhaps it is a warning not to join Chavez. Whatever. My wife and I are retiring to Costa Rica in 68 weeks. With any degree of luck, Americans will be gone. Notwithstanding what peple think, Canadians actually find them not like us at all. And they should stop using our flag on their backpacks.

uphog

Costa Rica better embrace the U.S. It is the only hope they have against Chavez. We all know that many Costa Ricans are opposed to the U.S . Probably the same Costa Ricans that are on the take from the drug lords. I also understand that the problem is in the U.S. All the expats reading this better hope they come to Costa Rica. The U.S. is the first country you seek when you are in trouble in Costa Rica.

abbadad

Scenario:

CR is invaded from the North border and the invaders quickly sieze San Jose. Who does CR count on to quickly respond and restore order?

Serious question. My brother and I, along with our wives, are in the process of buying land and plan to retire there. I am escaping the US also, so no apologist here. But in the back of my mind I always figured that it would be the US who responded and that response would be welcomed.

So if the position of most posters here is that the US forces would not be welcomed here under any circumstances, who are they counting on? Or is it that they are welcome only to bail out CR and disdained before and after the job is done.

Despite the “neutrality”, Central and South America present enough dangers that I would be interested in the answer as to who people are counting on when it hits the fan.

rexngail

CIA? There are more retired CIA Types retired here than any other central american country. [quote=”mysticalpisces”][size=100][b][/b][/size]We were planning to visit Costa Rica in March and April next year to explore its beauty and get away from U.S. Gov. (CIA) and big Brother’s interference in our Freedoms and Rights. As Canadians we are finding out that the U.S. interference is more and more curtailing our lives and Costa Rica appeared to be a country with a wonderful alternative to live in.
    Can the CR. government truly assure its own sovereignty with America troops have “carte blanche” as to their movements and operations?????
    We have to re-think our plans a bit more before we can decide to visit.[/quote]

gringo9940

[quote=”Scott”]I can’t believe you guys are not talking about this?

Yo saw last week’s news with 46 US warships and 7,000 US Marines on their way to Costa Rica?

[ http://www.nacion.com/2010-07-02/ElPais/NotasSecundarias/ElPais2431541.aspx ]

On the 2nd July 2010 the Costa Rica Congress authorized the entry of 46 U.S. warships capable of carrying 200 helicopters and warplanes, plus 7,000 U.S. Marines “who may circulate the country in uniform without any restrictions” , plus submarine killer ships to the Costa Rican coast for “counternarcotics operations and humanitarian missions’ between 1st July 2010 until 31st December 2010.

With this kind of nation destroying firepower it gives real meaning to the expression “war on drugs”, but if this a real six month “war on drugs” we should expect to see some fantastic results, right?

Politicians representing the Acción Ciudadana (PAC), the Unidad Social Cristiana (PUSC) and the Frente Amplio (FA) political parties opposed the measure saying that the destructive force of the ships, helicopters and 7,000 US Marines is “disproportionate for the fight against drug trafficking.”

Another politician Francisco Chacón defended the arrival of the US forces saying that “they would give humanitarian support, build schools and fight against drug traffickers.”

1. To my knowledge at the present time, Costa Rica is not suffering from any “humanitarian” crisis and the article did not make it clear what sort of “humanitarian missions” would take place.
    2. The article did not make it clear where any “humanitarian mission” would take place.
    3. Based on the truly horrific, drug crime related slaughters we have witnessed in Mexico, wouldn’t it be better conducting these kinds of “counternarcotics operations” in northern Mexico?
    4. With what is probably the world’s worst environmental disaster gong on right now in the Gulf of Mexico, surely it would be more appropriate to conduct “humanitarian missions” in the Gulf?
    5. Or could these vital warships be fleeing from something even worse that is about to happen in that area?
    6. The article did not make it clear whether these vessels would be patrolling off the Pacific or Atlantic coast but either way, is it possible they are on their way to Venezuela? Either as a show of force or something more serious?
    7. Does anyone know if any of these ships carry nuclear weapons?

If these 7,000 US Marines, 200 helicopters, warplanes and submarine killers are coming to Costa Rica to “give humanitarian support, build schools and fight against drug traffickers,” perhaps we could ask them to repair the new highway to Caldera? With that kind of manpower they could have it finished over one weekend.

But seriously, what do you think is going on?[/quote]

Scott, for your statement in #1, I dont think you get around the REAL CR enough.

There is a massive demand for humanitarian aid here, contrary to what this real estate establishment may have you believe. For every picture of a beautiful house in escazu, I could post 10 photos that would make you cringe.
    Unfortunately, none of it can be fixed with warships and soldiers.

It is damn nice to know that these resources are available when needed, because the rest of the world does not understand PURA VIDA. It is like trying to explain to a 5 year old why he cant go outside and play alone. Reality sucks.
    By the way….Wanna kill the war on drugs?? make them legal. All the criminals go away. Wow, how many government agengies would dissapear also???

gringo9940

[quote=”rexngail”]CIA? There are more retired CIA Types retired here than any other central american country. [quote=”mysticalpisces”][size=100][b][/b][/size]We were planning to visit Costa Rica in March and April next year to explore its beauty and get away from U.S. Gov. (CIA) and big Brother’s interference in our Freedoms and Rights. As Canadians we are finding out that the U.S. interference is more and more curtailing our lives and Costa Rica appeared to be a country with a wonderful alternative to live in.
    Can the CR. government truly assure its own sovereignty with America troops have “carte blanche” as to their movements and operations?????
    We have to re-think our plans a bit more before we can decide to visit.[/quote]I dont care for it much, but can Costa Rica really assure its own sovereignty without access to American troops?? For that matter, could Canada? I do not mean this disrespectfully either. /quote]

Lou563

[quote=”ticopaz”]It’s an ill wind that blows no good…[/quote]I totally agree with you…very evil wind!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.