U.S. Issues Wolrdwide Travel Warning

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum U.S. Issues Wolrdwide Travel Warning

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    crltd

history will repeat itself, as it has again and again..

waggoner41

[quote=”crltd”]the above posts diagram the hope and unfortunately the reality.
    there is no middle ground here.
    history will repeat itself, as it has again and again..[/quote]

Actually I think the middle ground exists in realizing that those we are electing to congress are failing us badly. It isn’t a matter of left or right, it’s all of them.

The right refuses to raise taxes and the left objects to budget cuts when the vast majority of Americans realize that both have to be done.

We are electing economic and historical illiterates who have no ability to view the future consequences of their actions.

*Lotus

“And look how docile we all are as they herd us barefoot through the airport xray machines, like cattle or 1941 European jews into a box car…not a peep.”

We all don’t have to agree on everything and I for one take the anonymous political rants on this board with the requisite grain of salt (I am here for news on Costa Rica living). But come on sprite, comparing “Jews being herded into boxcars during WW2” with taking your shoes off at airport security? I travel quite a bit, usually loaded down with all sorts of crap; mangy looking surf board bags, some questionable looking tattoos etc, travel really is not that difficult.

I flew in and out of MIA 6 times this year, even there it’s not bad. And West Palm is a breeze, an absolute pleasure to fly in and out of.

sprite

I supposes nobody wakes up one morning in his own bed and suddenly finds himself living in a tyranny. It must happen little by little, step by step…in increments.

Then again,if you are asleep, unaware, unable or unwilling to recognize patterns, then maybe it will seem like a crisis happened over night. I wonder how many European Jews, finding themselves in a death camp in 1944, wondered why they had not seen their demise coming? After all, it was ten years or more in the making.

aguirrewar

Here we go again:

the EX-pats recomending Foreign Policies for their countries.

WHY DID YOU LEAVE THE USA??

WHY DO YOU CARE??

WHAT makes you think you can make a difference from far away??

The people of the SPRING Revolution in the Middle East and the OCCUPY WALL Street are the ones in their countries making the difference.

But you have better ideas from a DISTANCE. Come down to the trenches and fight the GOOD battle or stop complaining about how the exchange rate betten colones and dollars affect you.

Lot’s of intelligent people making STUPID Posts.

Do you even think that what happens in the USA will not impact you in CR??

Let the FLAMES begin!!

maravilla

of course, what happens in gringolandia affects us in CR; that’s why we still have opinions and some semblance of concern for what the puppets are doing up there, and what lies are being spewed as truth in the various controlled-media outlets. but more and more, i flat-out don’t give a damn. i left “there” to get away from the craziness but that doesn’t stop me from having an interest in espionage tales and trying to understand just how controlled the media really is. trust me, if i were still in NYC, i would be down in the trenches protesting. it’s almost amusing to watch the whole world implode from afar. better than a reality TV show or DWTS.

Imxploring
    Participant

Come on folks! We all know there are more big changes coming in this world. It’s a slow process with lots of bumps and bends. But it’s been accelerating in last two years and will continue to do so from my read on things. We’ve seen the changes taking place in the middle east in countries like Egypt where the change has been much quicker. Much like the perfect storm Scott and others saw coming. Those of us that were smart enough to see this mess and to make the moves required to safeguard our assets and loved ones will be fine… completely safe… never… but in a much better situation to ride out what will be a VERY difficult decade!

The whole FEAR thing is nothing new. The stock market has been running on it for years, to hell with supply and demand… P/E ratios be damned… fundamentals are out the window. All manipulation… we all know it. So why should the political process and governing be any different. That sound bite or press release that sways public opinion or attitude is the what rules the day today! No matter how incorrect or concocted it is!

Take the time to look beyond the spoon fed information the media puts out. See what’s going on. It’s pretty darn scary! Five years ago when I was spouting off about what I saw coming in this world to friends and family they thought I was nuts! Then the whole building a house and investing in properties in CR… I must have lost my mind… “that’s a third world banana republic… what happens when the army overthrows the government?”…but now… I can’t tell you how many people ask for my opinion about where things are headed and are interested in CR. And not because they saw some overpriced condo being sold on House Hunters International.

I’m no smarter than the average bear, just willing to read and form my own opinions and conclusions as most of the folks are in this forum. What we’re seeing out of the mouths of our “elected” (Scary in itself) officials is nothing more than more manipulation! And to those seeking political office… that’s a whole other rant!

I call it my Titanic analogy… referring to all those seeking to get elected to office in the states these days!

Imagine for a moment you’re on the Titanic… we’ve just struck the iceberg… the Captain and the engineers have gone below deck and have assessed the damage. The captain returns to the main deck with a stone cold face. The engines have stopped, the ship is starting to list… slowly sinking deeper into the water… there’s this foreboding feeling slowly overcoming you… and suddenly the captain, standing on the main deck in the crowd of passengers shouts out… “Who wants to be captain” as he jingles the keys to the ship over his head… quickly 5 or 6 people come forward raising their hands fighting through the crowd to grab at the keys and their chance be captain… I ask you… are these the folks that you’ll be confidently standing by as the ship sinks… or will you be headed for a lifeboat? The folks seeking office today in the US are no different then those grabbing at the keys… and that should scare the hell out of everyone~!

kimball

Well i hope at least that the person who gets the keys knows how to operate a stick. 😆

terrys

[quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”crltd”]the above posts diagram the hope and unfortunately the reality.

Actually I think the middle ground exists in realizing that those we are electing to congress are failing us badly. It isn’t a matter of left or right, it’s all of them.

The right refuses to raise taxes and the left objects to budget cuts when the vast majority of Americans realize that both have to be done.

We are electing economic and historical illiterates who have no ability to view the future consequences of their actions.[/quote]

As a conservative leaner, I obviously agree with everything you have to say, Waggoner, including the thought that the Liberal’s solution is raising taxes. I appreciate that you just stated the facts, thus avoiding any contention.
    But I just can’t let that Liberal position hang out there. History has established that the Feds demand for more dollars is insatiable. Whatever they ask for, we give them and then they proceed to spend 40% more. As you suggest, with their investments, they have abandoned every financial principle known to man. Do Liberals really trust the Feds will do the right thing if you give them more money? I say treat the “economic and historical Illiterates” like a homebound teenager. When they ask for a handout. Make them live within their means. . .until they show some good judgement.

sprite

[quote=”terrys”][quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”crltd”]the above posts diagram the hope and unfortunately the reality.

We are electing economic and historical illiterates who have no ability to view the future consequences of their actions.[/quote]

As a conservative leaner, I obviously agree with everything you have to say, Waggoner, including the thought that the Liberal’s solution is raising taxes. I appreciate that you just stated the facts, thus avoiding any contention.
    But I just can’t let that Liberal position hang out there. History has established that the Feds demand for more dollars is insatiable. Whatever they ask for, we give them and then they proceed to spend 40% more. As you suggest, with their investments, they have abandoned every financial principle known to man. Do Liberals really trust the Feds will do the right thing if you give them more money? I say treat the “economic and historical Illiterates” like a homebound teenager. When they ask for a handout. Make them live within their means. . .until they show some good judgement.[/quote]

This is not a liberal or conservative issue. It is simply a problem of bankers raping the world. Both sides of the political fence have been used by the Owners to achieve their goal of concentrating wealth and power into their hands. They keep us distracted with that false left-right battle when they control both sides. Obama is as much a puppet as Bush was. It is foolish to expect any politician to resolve this problem for you. Nothing will change as long as you and most others are looking in the wrong direction.

maravilla

Rome is burning right now. The global riots will eclipse anything we have ever seen before in history. People are sick of what the politicians have done, and what they allowed the bankers to do; people have no money for food, they can’t pay their bills, so what are they supposed to do? I blame the republicans for a lot of this mess for deregulating the banking system under Reagan and it only got worse from there. Don’t even bring up Bush to me — I left MY country to get away from the b.s. he imposed after 9-11.

sprite

[quote=”maravilla”]Rome is burning right now. The global riots will eclipse anything we have ever seen before in history. People are sick of what the politicians have done, and what they allowed the bankers to do; people have no money for food, they can’t pay their bills, so what are they supposed to do? I blame the republicans for a lot of this mess for deregulating the banking system under Reagan and it only got worse from there. Don’t even bring up Bush to me — I left MY country to get away from the b.s. he imposed after 9-11.[/quote]

This is a storming of the Bastille on a world wide scale, and it is happening for much the same reason as that historic event; the rich, ruling class have simply taken more than the slaves can bear and the slaves are rebelling.

It remains to be seen as to whether or not the bastards who have stolen the world’s wealth can command enough resources to put this movement down. They want the riots, but they want them manageable as a propaganda tool.

http://roarmag.org/2011/06/riot-police-barcelona-infiltrate-protest-provoke-violence/
    There are still a lot of wage slaves out there who are not awake yet or just don’t want to be bothered with revolution because they still have enough to eat.

I am in a BIG hurry to escape to my Costa Rican place before things get much worse. I wonder how much time, if any, there is left.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/5792744/Riots-in-Rome-as-corporate-protests-spread-worldwide

kimball

Maybe its time to cling to your guns and religion.

maravilla

60,000 in the streets in Santiago; similar numbers in Berlin, and nearly every other major city in the world. and to think, the US started this mess so is there any wonder why the rest of the world hates us? and this is just the beginning. . . storming the Bastille? oh yeah! now we just need the guillotine for the bankers!

sprite

[quote=”kimball”]Maybe its time to cling to your guns and religion.[/quote]

Keep the guns, dump the religion. Religion has been one of THEIR tools of enslavement, guns are a regrettable but possible answer to that enslavement.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.