Intel Is A Pillar of the Costa Rican Economy But Cracks Are Forming

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Intel Is A Pillar of the Costa Rican Economy But Cracks Are Forming

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    costaricafinca
    Participant

As a Canadian, I have to agree with [b]David[/b]when he states [i]”All I did suggest is that the Costa Rican CAJA has many limitations and shortcomings. If you think all your expectations will be met here, I think you’re in for a rude awakening”[/i].

juliab

As a Canadian, I agree with David and costaricafinca. There are SOME good thing about CR public caja, like cheaper drugs, but you always get what you paid for.
    The VAST majority of expats use some combination of public-private. The biggest concern for me personally is that you can’t find out how good the doctor/surgeon is. You have to take chances. In Canada and US this info is public knowledge. There is also NO recourse whatsoever if things go wrong. Do things go wrong all the time? Not at all, but it’s something to keep in mind when you move to CR.

I personally had a great experience in Catolica, but we paid handsomely for what would’ve been COMPLETELY FREE in Canada.

If you think that CR public health system is on par with the Canadian one or better, you WILL be disappointed.

CR caja is still a good value for what you get, but for the majority of expats it has to be supplemented by private medicine.

Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.