Dating in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Dating in Costa Rica

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    terrycook

GringoTico can you send me a personal email…I am cookterry@sbcglobal.net thanks
    terry

GringoTico

I don’t mean to be mean to Scott B. Nobody spells everything right all the time, myself included. I also don’t wish to besmirch Scott’s intelligence based on his poor spelling. After all, I know plenty of smart people who have a poor education, and visa versa.

I only mean to suggest that Scott use a spell checker because it would help him learn how to spell better, just as it helps me, enable him to get across his arguments more effectively because readers won’t focus on the frequent miss-spellings, and demonstrate to this very interesting online community that he respects us enough to “wash up” a bit before coming to the party.

HuffnerB

GT- Cute…you’re just waiting for someone to point out that it’s “misspellings” not “miss-spellings”…um, I THINK!

Alfred

GT, You crack me up! Happy to see you’re back, and in form.

maravilla

Costa Rica has a reputation for being the land of the wanted and unwanted, so I would suppose if you cast a large net and pulled in a bunch of perpetual tourists, you would find all kinds of unsavory characters, and probably an equal number of people who just don’t have what it takes to become a resident. I don’t care about those people, but I do care about the ones the consulate was talking about.

maravilla

You beat me to it! Surely that was intentional.

GringoTico

See what I meen?

I had a teacher named Miss Pitlick in elementary school, and another one named Miss Stur. Given such an upbringing, it’s amazing I don’t Miss Moore.

Something’s awry though, as I’m depending on a computer geek (Bill Gates) to tell me how to spell, and Bill missed the miss- as well!

mysticmaiden

No Scott, Im not; didya mean “perpetual” Been here 12 years, and I did get the geography right! Whats your point?

scottbenson

Well guys its like this, if we look at the posts in the last week we have seen many people that are thinking about becoming or stating of being perpetual tourist and living a illegal life in CR. Mainly working with out the rights too!

I have stated many times that this is going to come back and hurt us as expats and it is! If we can’t respect the Ticos and follow their laws than why should we expect them to respect us as expats? Everytime when a person comes to find a job in CR this does take a job away from a Tico or a Nica!

I am currently in Washington DC and stopped by the CR embassy for biz and for personal reasons. I did talk to some of the embassy personal and they have stated that the residency rules have changed and it sounds as if more changes are going to come down the pike regarding perpetual tourism. These feelings have also been passed down from one of my wife’s cousins that work in the immigration office in CR.

Regarding the miss spelling of prpetural tourism, I am sorry! I guess some of us uneducated gringos can’t stick up for the fact of perpetual touism is wrong and does hurt CR.

At this moment it is 11:15 PM in DC and I have been in a C130 for the last 12 hours flying from here to Texas and back, I think I can get away from miss spelling a word or two!

mysticmaiden

Harlon, Didnt mean to provoke any of your issues. Thought it was a better betrayal of men given all the violence. Statistics bear that out. I’ve had Tica girlfriends for 12 years, they tell me all the stories……..they love Gringoes, true, while they keep their latin boys on the side. Not all of course, but given their lack of financial independence and education in some situations, they play along. Just like women did in the rest of the world 50 yrs. ago. Same goes for the goose, the men want a good financial situation too. Lots of nice N. American women here who value: fidelity, affection, honesty and come without a pricetag. Maybe its in your approach? Best of Luck

*Lotus

ScottB, even in posts where it’s been pointed out that your wrong you never concede or say maybe I should re think that. Example: The thread on Paraguay, after one poster stated how benevolent Stroessner was and I disagreed. You stated they lived there and there opinion was more valid, I presented an article pointing out all the atrocities He committed as well as his connection with the Nazi’s. You just stopped posting in the thread. And as for the spelling you are in denial..it is really, really poor, we’re not not just talking about a word or two. Perhaps it is because you are rushing or on a C-130 etc.but it really reflects poorly on you. I’m not a very good speller but make an effort to get it right and with spell checker’s there really is no excuse. One more time on this: PERPETUAL TOURISM is not a crime in Costa Rica. The law states after 3 months you must leave the country for 72 hours and then you are legally allowed to return for 3 more months. Working in Costa Rica is something different altogether so lets stick with the facts. When and if the CR government changes the law regarding length of stay etc…then we can discuss this further.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

“Vic_e_ versa”, GringoTico. A “visa versa” would be a poem about the stamp in the back of your passport. (Or is that what you meant?)

. . . and so it begins . . .

GringoTico

Bill didn’t catch that one either. I know, people who live in glass houses…

Still, at least I try to wash up before I go out on the town. Some people just don’t care if they stink.

Visa Versa:

There once was a Tica named Lisa
    She stamped my passport with a visa
    It told of a deadline 90 days hence
    After which she said I could jump the fence
    But even then Mr. Benson will tease ya…

OK Scott. Give it your all. I’ll take it like a man.

maravilla

I found it interesting that the stick figure walked right by the overweight stick-figure girl, who was smiling at him, with nary a glance, and went right for the other, obviously more desiraable, women. What’s up with THAT? When I was single I was often pursued by men who couldn’t take no for an answer, and sometimes the only way to get them away from me was to be completely blunt, even a bit nasty, in getting my point across that I wasn’t interested at all, but I never took a machete to anyone’s head, or other body parts. If you think being a single man is difficult, try being a successful single women. You wouldn’t believe the kinds of men that approach you, AS IF they were doing you some kind of favor. Glad I’m an old married broad in this new day and age.

hennalounge

And all this time I thought the spelling “perpetural” was some sort of inside joke on WeLoveCostaRica. I thought perhaps it was poking fun at chubby white folk who come from those parts where they speak kinda funny… I’m pretty sure my gramma (god bless her), or a certain president, would use this word along with “exspecially”. As in “I exspecially wish this perpetural nitpicking would stop”.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.