Dating in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Dating in Costa Rica

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    mysticmaiden

Hi, single N. American lady here. Affordable housing exists, you may have to live like the rest of the Ticos though. There are some possibilities of working, but illegally.

As for the “men” dept. depends on what you are seeking. Most Ticos are macho, possessive, not for a freedom loving spirit. Just generalizing, there are always exceptions. Most N. American men want the 16-25 yr. old Ticas, that is until they figure out how much it costs in the end!

mysticmaiden

scottbenson

So you must be a purpetural tourist?
    Regarding Ticos you do know CR is in latin america right?

experiencing a nice young tica is always less expensive than dealing with american women..

here is a 3 minute video clip that pretty much shows the problem with american women..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8YE4S5Ov5M

women who see this always laugh… while the guys know deep down how true this is

Andrew
    Keymaster

That’s an incredibly hateful video and it may be true in a small number of cases but certainly does not apply to the majority…

And what exactly does “experiencing a nice young Tica” mean exactly?

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

GringoTico

Oh no! mysticmaiden got busted by the local Perpetual Tourist cop!

I’m sorry Scott B., but I just don’t get it.

1. Tourism is the lifeblood of Costa Rica. The longer they spend there, the more they spend there. Why would anyone wish to put limitations on this?

2. CR law states that a tourist can enter the country for 90 days, renewable for another 90, after which a 72 hour departure from national soil makes you eligible to begin anew. I can find no law or administrative rule that states anything to the contrary. While some people have reported “crack downs” on perpetual tourists, it has not yet been proven to me that people who abide by these rules are denied re-entry. My suspicion is that such reports have to do with those who have overstayed their visas, or are found to be working illegally (although it stretches the bounds of my imagination that any border guard would have access to such information). In the past, overstaying your visa only resulted in very minimal fines. I suspect that this is still the case, and that any “crack downs” are temporary. A sustained campaign to limit tourists simply makes no sense for a tourism-based economy.

Foreigners working illegally in Costa Rica is something I cannot defend, of course, (even though I was guilty of this back in the 80’s as an English Teacher), so I don’t fault you for this. But it seems to me that there are much more important things for you to continually rag on than the hateful scourge of the villainous perpetual tourists.

You’re not the only one married to a Tica, but you seem to be the only one barking like a rabid dog at any other foreigner without our exemption for spending a lot of time there.

Give it up man!

Just one more thing while I have your attention- you’d be doing yourself a big favor by running your posts through a spell checker. As a US military man, like it or not you are an ambassador for the rest of us Gringos. It would be nice if you could at least spell correctly.

maravilla

One word describes that video: PATHETIC. One word describes the character in the video: STALKER!

I’d like to see what this Herztfeldt guy looks like. He probably looks like most American men — overweight, unhealthy, bad dresser, and full of himself!! LOL

terrycook

Hi just saw your vidio and saved the site so I can watch all the rest…I thought it it was hilarious!..My wife just diverced me after 35 years of marriage (she is inheriting a mil and a half) and wants to enjoy it on her own.. My divorce was final last Friday. Any yes I am moving to C.R. to live out the rest of my years.
    Terry From Texas

*Lotus

LOL!!! 1) I have also spelled this out regarding his perpetual tourist rants.
    2) I actually have been wanting to ask him to please download the google tool bar and use the spell check function!! I was at the breaking point this morning but opted out thinking it may be a tad rude…LOL!!! But you know what, someone had to say it!

Jerry

I feel like SUCH a fool. I am not a college guy, but I DID finish high school, and I will be damned if I can find the spelling errer… ummmmm.LOL

maravilla

I had a conversation with the consulate in Denver and she told me point blank that I would simply NOT believe the criminal backgrounds of some people who apply for residency. She said the categories ranged from convicted bank robbers to murderers to pedophiles and all sorts of sexual deviants. At least when you apply for residency, you have to be vetted by Interpol and if you are any of the above-mentioned creeps you ain’t gonna get residency in Costa Rica. But if you are a perpetual tourist, you can easily have a criminal background and who would know? And for that reason alone, I object to the practice of being a perpetual tourist, but hey, what the hell do I know?

maravilla

Errer is E-r-r-o-r-! Surely you did that on purpose!

kimyoa650

I’m glad you pointed this out. It somewhat reminds me of the ABCnews 20/20 feature regarding the overzealous minutemaids guarding the US borders from illegal immigrants.

I swear, from the interview not one of them had a complete set of front teeth and probably can’t spell to save their lives. Could that be their recruitment policy?

Oh well, as the saying goes, to give yourself more self-worth push others down.

GringoTico

Oh come on Maravilla. Saying hi to a nice looking female stick figure is only considered stalking by man-hating Gringa feminist zealots. Once the poor slob was filleted, impaled and shot through the temple he backed off. Now if he had continued coming on to her after that, well then you’d have a valid point…

How did you know that I was overweight, unhealthy and a bad dresser anyway? You’re scaring me! Lotus looks pretty good…you think he’s really a closet Canadian?

Seriously though, regardless of what you think of the video, many Gringas are as verbally abusive toward men who approach them as the video suggests, sans the machete, sword and 44 magnum. I have experienced this myself, back when I was single, thin and healthy (probably still dressed bad though).

On the other hand, I can’t imagine a Tica responding in such a manner, even given the machista Ticos who whistle and say all sorts of crude things to a woman passing by. Such comments are known there as “piropos” – which literally means “compliments”, and they are regarded as such by most Ticas as well.

Maybe Diego’s right – our acceptance of American feminism only seems to make us look like whimps in the eyes of those Gringas who seek out the bad boys.

Oh my God, did I just agree with Diego on his issue??? Now look what you’ve done!

Whew! Never mind – I just found my tongue. It was firmly implanted in my cheek.

By the way, what was this original post responding to anyway?

Edited on May 25, 2007 07:01

GringoTico

Guilty before being proven innocent, eh? Not everyone has an extra $60k collecting dust you know. That doesn’t make them a criminal.

Edited on May 24, 2007 16:08

Alfred

You are absolutely right GT. If Costa Rica did not want the perpetual tourist, the minimum out of country stay would be considerably more then 72 hours, with two borders not being more than a few hours away.
    Though as someone once said, Costa Rica is the land of the wanted, and unwanted.

By the way, how’s my spelling, syntax and grammar? LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.