War on drugs article

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum War on drugs article

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Jedard

While we can never eradicate the supply of drugs there is something we can do. We can continue to treat those who have a real desire to come
    clean. The biggest hurdle to this approach is those who are involved do so for financial greed. And the process they use is far too long & not always perfect.
    What we need is a treatment that is short, removes all the toxins from the body and at the same time removes the cravings from the body. I think a perfect time frame for this kind of treatment would be 20 days and no more. The addict or alcoholic goes home free of tixins and no cravings. Amen

DavidCMurray
    Participant

And just how is that accomplished? Or is this merely a wishlist?

Jedard

No, this is not a wish list. It is true. I am flying down to CR on the 7th. I will be staying at the Casa Lima. My intention is to speak to someone about this in particular one man for sure.
    But I can assure you this treatment is real, works just as I stated and can be supported by medical lab tests. I have treated alcoholics, heroin, cocaine, oxy-contin, methadone, and a host of others.
    And the best part, I have never permitted anyone who uses this to rip off those afflicted. It is affordable to everyone, regardless of how much money they have, or how little, or who they are.
    That has been my dream since I learned of this treatment. I have treated some for free.
    Please do get in touch with me next week. If nothing, we can say we have a new friend.

sprite

Of all the addictions, the one that causes the most harm to the most people is the addiction to power and material acquisition (money). This addiction, in fact, is chiefly responsible for most of the other addictions and maladies of modern society. Try and take those particular drugs away from the addicts, and you see how violently they react….

wspeed1195

I’ve been clean 22 years,and seen A whole lot of prommisory programs come and go.
    addiction is an affliction that is 3 fold.mental,physical and spiritual.
    the dynamic to that is that theirs no way to manage 1 without the other 2.
    it’s like the guy where they cut the pleasure sensory from his brain.5 mos. later he was using,2 years later he died.
    it was A colombian kid,smoking basuko.
    and theirs nothing deadlier than DRT.

sprite

[quote=”wspeed1195″]I’ve been clean 22 years,and seen A whole lot of prommisory programs come and go.
    addiction is an affliction that is 3 fold.mental,physical and spiritual.
    the dynamic to that is that theirs no way to manage 1 without the other 2.
    it’s like the guy where they cut the pleasure sensory from his brain.5 mos. later he was using,2 years later he died.
    it was A colombian kid,smoking basuko.
    and theirs nothing deadlier than DRT.[/quote]

“Spiritual” is a word which has only a literary value and is not a medical or scientific term. It is meaningless in the context of treating human addiction or any condition except as a placebo.

The 12 step program makes use of something they call the higher power but they are really only selling their version of some imaginary deity. Nonetheless, presented in context the of superstitious beliefs many people hold, it can have the temporary positive placebo effect of an illusory powerful “other” who is assisting. In the real world, the real power lies in the mind. Voodoo,Catholicism and other religions make use of this mind power and claim that it comes from a deity or from some sort of magic. Most sane, rational people know better.

wspeed1195

it has everything to do with a total transformation of addictive behavior and returning to like mind.
    mind body and spirit.
    for those who moved without any spiritual direction,well he!!,your identification to money and it being an addictive form of diseased thinking would be my best argument.
    and higher power is the term so as to not give room for folks to push or persuade specific religions.
    many people trust in something.
    I’ll say this gently,I’ve prayed 2 times,to what you may percieve as nothing.
    and in the end,it gave me A relief.and by being relieved,I did not play God in other peoples lives.the ramifications would have been horrendous.
    should my belief keep me sane and in the moment,and not acting heinously,then I’ll settle for spiritual.
    anything that wards off the insanity or using of drugs is fine by me.
    I prefer to not be the animal that myself and others become through the use of alcohol or drugs.
    not everyone can be perfect,you should write A book.

Jedard

Your lucky, clean and only 22 years addicted. What was that, Heroin?
    I have given many who were given up on. Lost cause. And many were ready to be shot or imprisoned in a Chinese Jail. We gave them all a new life. This is not some whim or new idea. It has a history of over 2500 years. It works. I refer to it as a miracle. In less than two years every clinic will want to use this. I am not trying to sell anyone anything. I just want them to understand it, see it work and then make sure others can benefit.
    I have no time to force others to believe me. The Wu Method of 20 day Detox past performance speaks volumes.

sprite

Beliefs are important. They have consequences because they lead to actions. For me, it follows then that false beliefs, however comforting, must eventually lead to false actions and false actions lead to failure. The 12 step program has dismal recovery stats.

An interesting question would be “why do you believe you need a god to keep you sane and in the moment”? I do not nor do many others. Could it be a chemical imbalance combined with specific environmental aspects which makes some more susceptible to addiction than others…or more susceptible to superstitious beliefs than others? Not knowing the answer to many things, I feel more comfortable putting the question to science and reasoned thinking rather than to a primitive belief system which includes magic and supernatural beings and pretends to have the answer for everything….

I am all for feeling good but it must come truthfully. Otherwise, you are merely replacing the addiction to one false idea, drugs and alcohol, with another, religion and god.

Jedard

Hi, I do not have time to share such pleasures as you espouse. I am happy that you are clean. Now here is a question you can go to bed with.
    HOW MANY OTHERS LIKE YOU HAVE YOU PERSONALLY ASSISTED TO MAKE THEM CLEAN.
    As I stated, I am very happy you are well. Good luck with your life.

Hello from SW Florida,

Been here a month and very pleased to be absent from the winter in NJ.

I say again regarding the war on drugs that this issue is really a physical manifistations of much bigger essential issues in Latin American. The dictators of the region collaborate with the drug lords to finance their own political aims and to destabilize Latin America and the USA.

Suggestion: Google ‘Hugo Chavez Gran Columbia’

Consider: Chavez + Ortega + Castro + FARC + drug lords + arms from Russia + Hezbollah presence

Still feel safe and secure in CR? Especially when USA cannot meet its international commitments?

maravilla

we’re as safe here as anywhere.

sprite

There are so many frightened, misinformed, brainwashed Americans. The biggest drug movers are to found within the us government. The war on drugs is just one of many false flag wars being used by banking interests and the US government as manipulative tools.

johnlack

Many of you who innocently declare that no army is a good thing in CR blithely ignore the lesson from Colombia the last couple decades. Colombia was perilously close to being a “failed state” until the past president (Uribe) took a tough line and with US military help pushed back the narcotraffickers significantly. The previous president to him (Pastrana) tried to talk peace with the narcos, however to no avail. The narcos have no agenda that allows some kind of uneasy truce. Mexico today faces the same dilemna.

Curbing demand is also very important, and way too little is paid to that side of the equation. Just say “no” hardly cuts it these days.

If you think CR will remain immune to drug influences stemming from both north and south of its borders you are sadly naive – tough (para-) military action, with or without US help and presence, will at the end of the day be the only thing that restores or maintains a livable balance with the narco thugs. Anything else unfortunately is wishful thinking.

sprite

Let’s hope Ticos do not adopt your insane vision of the world. Soldiers are a cancer within any nation that undertakes their use for internal problems.

You are completely wrong in your analysis of Colombia. As soon as the US can get a military foot in the door, whether if just with equipment and surrogates or with actual US boots on the ground, your country is finished.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.