War on drugs article

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum War on drugs article

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    bucko

Scott, Isn’t it possible to live in Costa Rica without bashing/hating the United States? I believe you do more harm to CR than good with your constant bashing of our government. I for one am glad you are gone. And your last tirade is the one that caused me to remove your We Love Costa Rica from my inbox permanently. Tom C.

wspeed1195

[quote=”bucko”]Scott, Isn’t it possible to live in Costa Rica without bashing/hating the United States? I believe you do more harm to CR than good with your constant bashing of our government. I for one am glad you are gone. And your last tirade is the one that caused me to remove your We Love Costa Rica from my inbox permanently. Tom C.[/quote]grain of salt,and momma used to say “pounda son, pounda”.which meant sit down,relax and some things you gotta take with A pound of salt.
    theirs things I find offensive to me as an american,and other bleeding heart gringos have an issue with me and my opinion.
    the irony,my “opinion” often is rooted in personal life experience.
    Scott has his opinion,and sometimes he’s dead on.I’ll be the first to say it,and then to,his ability/right to express it.
    often I get overlooked,and by the same virtue,I overlook others,or some of the things they say,sometimes not.
    I am going back to Costa,and by some measure I’d like to meet the others on this site,whether we agree 100% or not.
    everyone has something I want to take with me and some things I would leave.
    we were A great country,we are short of that. and why? we became so involved in personal gains that we handed the ball to others who just got greedy or tired short of the goal.and we all will pay the price,as americans.
    I do every day.my life blood,construction has been handed off to illegal immigrants.and who hands it to them?
    major corps. who do not authenticate their green cards,work papers and citizenship.then,the homeowner,the joe schlep who looks at saving A few bucks and doesn’t question the roofer,or the landscaper,or painter or contractor as to the authenticity of his help.he’s just happy saving A few bucks,and screw the american who plays by the rules for work,taxation and wholesome business methods.
    being scammed in america,by americans,and having the govt. turn A blind eye.
    why? because of the gain.these illegals with fake papers have taxes removed from their checks,and at the end of the year they don’t file for A return.why? because the social security number they used is going to be used by 10 others at A minimum.
    thats A pretty financial gain/profit for the IRS who in turn rolls it to the govt. fund base.
    I know this as A fact.for anyone who chooses to view this as slander,please,I’ll PM you my adress,you can bring me to court.
    I dare say,I’ll counter and retire on your nickle.
    or,chances are,I’ll go by way of the extraction method the govt. uses to hush those and others whom they’ve removed for exposing their pink undies.
    we are not great any longer,and we are,admittedly dirty players.

William

[quote=”Scott”]Curbing the voracious enormous demand for these drugs in the USA rarely seems to be a suggested for this problem.

Some might say that it’s the supply that creates the demand rather than the demand that creates the supply. I don’t know but it’s obviously very BIG and extremely profitable business for the people at the top…

Scott[/quote]
    I agree that drugs are an overwheming problem. And in reality the Pandora Box has been opened and can never be shut. Maybe people need to have better moralies and more to live for. No amount of laws will ever slow down the Drug Use. It is a big problem with no simple answer.

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”bucko”]Scott, Isn’t it possible to live in Costa Rica without bashing/hating the United States? I believe you do more harm to CR than good with your constant bashing of our government. I for one am glad you are gone. And your last tirade is the one that caused me to remove your We Love Costa Rica from my inbox permanently. Tom C.[/quote]

You didn’t mention I also bashed the British… So do tell us Tom C. – based on the facts presented in the article – how effective the US government or the UK government has been in the “war on drugs”?

PS. This thread/topic and the presence of US forces off the coast is extremely important to Costa Rica.

I am positive about where I live – I would NOT be positive if the US managed to somehow “persuade” the Costa Rican government that they need US armed forces on Costa Rican soil to help in the “war on drugs” which clearly has been nothing but a catastrophic failure.

Scott

WOW – lotsa passion here! First, I love Costa Rica. And as I retire to SW Florida, I will be making frequent short trips to CR for holiday vacations. But I have chosen not to retire in CR. The article on Contra II sealed that decision for me.

Many of the comments in this thread are valid but they are rather disjointed. Not much organization to the discussion. Just generates more questions for me. For example, What in the world is George Soros doing in CR? Mossad? What role does the Canal have to do with all of this stuff? What about the probable breakup of the United States? Where does one want to be, what does one do as the puppet masters reveal their script? What is REALLY going on?

Focusing on drugs and illegals is like visiting teams focusing on the stripes in the Yankee uniforms.

Thank you Scott

seajo

Scott:

As the Brits would likely say, you’re spot on with your article, but lighten up a bit on us Yanks. We’re suffering enough grief here of our own accord. If the US continues it’s current spending spree and policy of chasing global wars under any name, it will soon be broke. CR should be thankful that they’re receiving a slim piece of the fast diminishing pie.

Chris

clayton

So let me get this straight. The USA conducts multiple wars costing billions if not trillions of dollars to propagate the world drug trade, as a matter of policy. I ain’t buying it.

govnok

hi scott……your article regarding military use to affect the drug trade is interesting to me. and with your particular brand of military experience, i.e. up close and personal, with fal or m-16 en mano, you are quite well qualified to weigh in on the subject. i don’t do facebook, so i hope you will accept the invited comment input on this channel. my comment is: there is something you have missed. something BIG!!!

[b]from cr it might be more difficult to notice, but the u.s. government these days is comprised of the largest team of incompetents ever assembled in one country. with a congressional approval rate of 13%, the people of this country are well aware that the president, vice president, speaker of the house, and probably 80% of the 535 members of congress who operate beneath them comprise a unique group of arrogant morons. it is our own fault, since they were apparently elected fairly. with voter fraud rampant through acorn and union activity, even that statement could be suspect, but they hold office for now and they rule the country as they wish, trashing the constitution at will most days of the week. [/b]
    what that translates to: please do not expect a lot from us, a country ruled by fools. most of the folks holding high office in the obama government have never even had a job in private industry. any job. never even run a lemonade stand. they have no idea what to do in a crisis situation except to sue someone who has offended them, and try to bring them to court where a judge on their payroll can read the sentence. be thankful that a military run by those fools is not discharging weapons in cr waters, especially unmanned weapons. i think our military is the best there is, absolutely, but the rules of engagement they follow that are put upon them by the fools on high would make your head spin. please wait until we are competently led, and our government is qualified and trustworthy before you as costa ricans start requesting that we shoot people in boats and airplanes who look suspicious. as you would well know, once the bullet leaves the barrel, none can call it back.

just an input from a geriatric ex-mil and ex-airline airplane driver who has spent a bit of time down there and really likes the place. and the people. i fear, and absolutely do not trust, the present,u.s. government, and i am but one of millions of such people, and just wish to call your attention to a facet of it of which you may be unaware. thank you for inviting comments on the subject, and i will look forward to learning what other people think. not only about our government, but about the pervasive drug culture of a large population of inhabitants which appears to be the genesis of the whole problem.

ggp, an american who respects your country and those who live there

bkemmer

Not having an army was the first thing (of many)that attracted me to CR. Right on Scott.:D

dmarcelop

[quote=”bucko”]… And your last tirade is the one that caused me to remove your We Love Costa Rica from my inbox permanently. Tom C.[/quote]

Tom C. I’m right behind you brother. He’s smoking something.

dougdonna

Do you really believe the U.S.Navy is there to fight the war on drug’s?Looking north, Looking south, there not looking for drug’s

orcas0606
    Participant

Scott: I really can’t understand your reasoning. As to the contents of your article, you defend your premise that the US war on drugs and terrorism is a farce by citing James Petras. These are some of the credentials of Mr. Petras… “Petras describes himself as a “revolutionary and anti-imperialist” activist and writer.[citation needed] He has worked with the Brazilian landless workers’ movement and the unemployed workers’ movement in Argentina. From 1973-76 Petras worked on the Bertrand Russell Tribunal on Repression in Latin America.[1] He has called the United States the “dominant Imperial power” and has called efforts to reform human rights in China “Washington’s human rights proaganda campaign”,( maybe we should ask Mr Petras about human rights in Tibet) (because I am lazy I’m citing Wikipedia here) but please give don’t think that all your readers are going to swallow all the left wing propaganda that is being churned out by the so called “progressive” media. Also, do you want Daniel Ortega and the invading Sandinista army to be the vanguard in the war on drugs in Central America. Not me, I prefer the US Southern Command even with all the errors that are being committed.

[quote=”Scott”]Yes ” do indeed….

It would appear that doubleb is referring to my most recent article entitled ‘Fewer US Warships in Costa Rica Waters in 2011 – The war on drugs remains a farce’ which can be read at:

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/Fewer_US_Warships_in_Costa_Rica_Waters_in_2011__The_war_on_drugs_remains_a_farce.cfm ]

Thank you for you input doubleb however most of us know that Costa Rica has no army, most of us consider that a good thing so, please do tell!

What’s your point exactly with regards to the contents of this article?

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com[/quote]

dougdonna

hey

sprite

Thanks for another heads-up, Scott. I appreciate finding the information you present here and I also enjoy the opportunity to discuss these matters with reasonable people. Those who are not reasonable can join in too but it seems some of them prefer not to have their silly ideas challenged at all. They can always listen to the endless nonsense from Rush Limbaugh or Fox TV if they don’t have the mental ammunition to carry on here.

wspeed1195

[quote=”sprite”]Thanks for another heads-up, Scott. I appreciate finding the information you present here and I also enjoy the opportunity to discuss these matters with reasonable people. Those who are not reasonable can join in too but it seems some of them prefer not to have their silly ideas challenged at all. They can always listen to the endless nonsense from Rush Limbaugh or Fox TV if they don’t have the mental ammunition to carry on here.[/quote]rush is A loud mouthed junkie that got a pass because some folk think of him as somebody.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.