Venezuelan troops in Nicaragua?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Venezuelan troops in Nicaragua?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    sprite

Rumors abound but I wonder how troops of sufficient size to counter the Honduran coupe could be moved to and hidden in a small country like Nicaragua. I have seen no official news on this. Has anyone else? This could be really bad news for Costa Rica if armed conflict begins again to the north. If just one other counry gets involved, the US will be there as well.
    Hillary Clinto made a slip of the tongue when she said that the US tried to discourage the military to go throught with the coupe. This indicates that the US knew about it before it happened and may even be behind it.
    http://www.abn.info.ve/noticia.php?articulo=188440&lee=17

Edited on Jul 06, 2009 08:27

Edited on Jul 06, 2009 08:31

Andrew
    Keymaster

That article quoted states quite categorically that: “The President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez Frias, denied that Venezuelan troops are entering Honduras, as some media outlets have said.”

There’s no way that Venezuela could position troops in Nicaragua without the knowledge of the USA and of course the US knew about the coup in Honduras before it happened, many of the people involved in the coup has been trained in the School of the Americas….

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

maravilla

doesn´t the US sponsor ALL the coups in Latin America? of course they do, silly me. it´s what they do best.

sprite

Of course the US is behind all the mischief in latin america. But many americans just either don’t know about this, don’t believe it or fully and selfishly support the imperialst expansion. The statement is for them.
    There is a hard core 20 to 25% of the american adult population which are far to the right and consistantly support US aggression and corporate autocratic agendas in Central America and elsewhere. I have no idea what portion of that 25% hold those beliefs out of igonrance, fear or malevolent intent to further enrich themselves but they have proven to be a definite danger to the rest of the world. We never really defeated or eliminated fasism last century. Instead, e imported it for domestic consumption.

Edited on Jul 06, 2009 10:41

orcas06

Sprite, you will see no offical news of Venezuelan involvement in Honduras on C Chavez
    N News
    N Network
    Keep tuned in to TeleSur which feeds CNN it’s Markist drivel.

Edited on Jul 06, 2009 16:18

sprite

Biased news broadcasters come from all directions and persuasions. There has been constant US government funded right wing TV broadcasting propaganda into Cuba from Key West for decades.
    What concerns me is that such preposterous stories about a hidden army in Nicaragua are obviously spread around in order to stir up a hornets nest and offer a possible excuse for the illegitimate Honduran junta to invite US troops into their country.
    Is it such a stretch to imagine that this whole affair has been engineered in order to create another US mlitary base in an area which is moving quickly to the left?

grb1063

sprite
    50% of the American public is ignorant, gullible and completely lacks any world knowledge. What they do posses comes solely from network media.

edlreed

Ergo, the other 50% mentally operate on the world stage? YOU know what’s going on? From the day you walk into boot camp, the military begins a mental process. This is to teach the recruit thru the generals to think different. That 50% you seem to be patronizing pay and elect others to think different, so they can lead what they believe is normal lives.
    Why them, grb? Why not your leaders who are paid to understand, do you not hold to task? That 50% you augustly relegate to disdain are made up of an amazing percentage of folks who catch your fish, farm your crops, cut your lumber. Yeah, the same folks we have stood by and watched while their livelihoods and families are destroyed.
    Intellect is a biothch…

Andrew
    Keymaster

As our Sergeant in the Royal Marine Commandos in charge of training used to say: “Yours is not to question why, yours is but to do or die.”

Those same thought patterns have been magnificently introduced into the general population by that toxic, brain deadening, intellectual cancer causing machine in the living room called the “television.”

It’s time for another bloody revolution and I’m not talking about Venezuela or Honduras, I’m talking about the USA and the UK.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Imxploring
    Participant

The revolution is already here Scott…. the OBAMA revolution…. the CHANGE America thinks it needs! A movement being advanced by folks that can’t even provide for themselves and have NEVER contributed anything to society.

Wait until the COST of change lands on the doorsteps of all the folks out there shouting the battle cry… to be followed shortly by only crying! I love the latest push on health care… 9 more zeros of national debt… all at a time when budget deficits are ignored as if they don’t matter. Money is being created electronically… private businesses that have screwed up beyond all chance of redemption are being bailed out and “restructured” with tax dollars.

If people don’t see where the US and the UK (and a bunch of other “developed” nations) are headed they’re fools… perhaps as foolish as the folks pushing these agendas and nudging society closer to the breaking point.

DonHo911

Hillary Clinton didn’t make a slip of the tongue with her statement. The military attache and CIA operatives closely monitor and report things before the happen. That doesn’t mean we approve or condone it; but the U.S. might try to advise against it. To suggest the U.S. may have been behind it would be irresponsible without proof.

Don

DonHo911

I just wanted to let you know the U.S. has over 900 troops stationed in Honduras already. This is another reason the U.S. was aware of the pending coup.

Don

DonHo911

Scott, when I joined the U.S. military we took an oath to support and defend the consitituion and obey the orders of those appointed over us. I’ve seen a lot reports blaming the Honduran military for the coup. I’m not familar with the oath the Honduran military takes but it probably is similar. When the Judicial and Legislative branches countered the Honduran president, he tried to go ahead with the election anyway? I feel they were justified in removing him from office. When you joined the Royal Marines did you take a similar oath? Under the checks and balances of a democratic government, do you believe the military was justified in supporting and defending the constitution?

Don

edlreed

Hi Don. In our chain of command, who is your commander in chief? If the CinC ordered you to stand down, do you pull out your copy of the Constitution; obey that colonel in your unit; or…? I didn’t realize the US military answered to the House Unamerican activities committee, much less obeyed their orders to mutiny against the CinC. Let’s throw in the Supreme Court. Where’s your duty? As to the closely monitoring by our attaches and CIA, this would suggest contact and dialogue with cabals/juntas, would it not? In the US, how would we look at this? I don’t have a clue, right now, which is the best solution for the people of Honduras. I’m just holding to some standard the people who represent me, and maybe, you.

DonHo911

Hi Ed. I concur that the President is the CinC. If the CinC gives a lawful order, I would be obligated to obey. If the President is stomping on the Constitution as was happening in Honduras that is a different matter. Under the Checks and Balance system the Legislative and Judicial branches act to counteract such matters. The Honduran Supreme court had already ruled the President was violating the Constitution and was backed by the Legislature. When the General of the Armed Forces refused to obey an unlawful order he was unlawfully dismissed. Where would it end? I would have obeyed orders from the Supreme Court, Congress, or the officers appointed above me before I would have obeyed that President. Would you let the President trash the Constitution for political gain?

I don’t know about you, but it bothers me when everyone assumes without proof the U.S. is behind every coup etc… We have military attaches and CIA operatives in Britain; does that mean we are planning a coup there too? It also really irks me when Hugo Chavez starts threatening other countries. The bottom line is this was an internal coup which was provoked by the Honduran President and his leftist buddies (Hugo & Daniel). Hillary Clinton should have known ahead of time because she is the Secretary of State. We have a lot of Americans living in Honduras in addition to our 900+ troops.

Everyone seems to want to blame the U.S. government for anything that happens. The parties in Honduras made their own choices and we should honor it.

Have a great day!!!
    Don

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.