U.S. Citizens Owning Gold As An Asset/Hedge Just Got Harder

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum U.S. Citizens Owning Gold As An Asset/Hedge Just Got Harder

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Sailor

kwhite1
    I am a three tour combat vet, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. I agree, in terms of American’s caring, or lack there of! I for one, in light of the ongoing cashless society, chose to build a portfolio of diamonds. The FED is currently on a monetary engineering agenda. Diamonds are easy to secure, carry, resell and no reporting requirement.

aguirrewar

6 million of the USA citizens have left the USA

Belize, Costa Rica, Ecuador and even Mexico

and the trend continous, more are leaving

that means, 6 million people are not paying

property taxes
    gas
    groceries
    food
    mortages
    loans
    etc.

and I wonder WHY??

DavidCMurray
    Participant

True, I suppose, but the six million who departed left some 314.69 million behind (November 2012 U.S. Census Bureau’s figure). That’s a net increase of 2.26 million Americans over July of 2011. What’s more, today’s news relates that one million new U.S. citizens were naturalized last year, so the net effect is dampened still more. Bottom line: There are plenty of folks left to buy gas and pay taxes.

By the way, in what time period did the six million leave? Was that last year? Last month? Since 2005? And how many of those were naturalized citizens who returned to the countries of their birth? It matters.

It would also be helpful to know the influx of people to the U.S. from Belize, Costa Rica, Ecuador and Mexico for comparison. Which way do you suppose it goes, more Mexicans coming to the U.S., or more U.S. citizens going to Mexico. Didya ever wonder why?

The newcomers contribute to the economy, pay taxes, etc, too.

aguirrewar

So;

if 6 million leave

and 10 arive

we would be + or –

don’t think so

when you lose a share of the market

you still LOOSE

the 10 than arrive have to work 40-50 years to reach what the 6 have done in all thos years

people are leaving for a REASON

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Well, 98% of Americans are not dissatisfied enough to leave. It’s true that if 6 million leave and ten arrive the population would be down 5,999,990, but it’s not; it’s up. And why the influx of foreigners? Do they know something the six million don’t?

You’re right: “people are leaving for a REASON”. Likewise, people are arriving, also for a reason.

There will always be population movement, but without serious, in-depth analysis, we don’t know the significance of it. Raw numbers alone tell us nothing, so why quote them?

clayton

Can you say “Nanny State”.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Sure, if it’ll make you happy . . . Nanny state.

Kwhite1

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Well, 98% of Americans are not dissatisfied enough to leave. It’s true that if 6 million leave and ten arrive the population would be down 5,999,990, but it’s not; it’s up. And why the influx of foreigners? Do they know something the six million don’t?

You’re right: “people are leaving for a REASON”. Likewise, people are arriving, also for a reason.

There will always be population movement, but without serious, in-depth analysis, we don’t know the significance of it. Raw numbers alone tell us nothing, so why quote them?

[/quote]

David, to answer your question, why are more people coming the US than US citizens leaving? Simple, come to the US and poof, you get food, housing, medical, pretty much everything you need. Interesting though, US citizens moving to a different country, you get nothing, not allowed to work, no government assistance at all, AND you have to prove to the host country you can support yourself via bank deposits or proof of a retirement account deposited monthly into a host country bank account.

I assure you, that if the US implemented those regulations on Mexicans, Ticos, Belizeans, Panamanians, ect, the dash across the border would seize. Imagine that if the Mexicans coming across could not work, would not receive benefits right off the bat, they would not come over.

We have 51% of the population on some sort of government assistance. I am NOT bashing people on SS, or miliatry pensions. There are far too many people that work the system and make more money from the system than they can from actually working. The unemployment hourly rate is $26 hr, the average hourly rate for a job is $20 hr. Do the math.

aguirrewar

The US likes to quote that 11 million illegals are in this country and they have the low paying jobs

they are not teachers, policemen, Gov workers, etc. they have to work in the fields collecting the fruit, vegetables that we eat, manual cheap labor and they DO NOT make MIN. wages

just like the Nicas in Costa Rica don’t make the same income as the AVE. CR citizens

VS. the people that are leaving the USA have a nice retirement
    the ones leaving are the ones with the cash flow is 3 times bigger

[u]We have 51% of the population on some sort of government assistancegger[/u][b][/b]

that is a true statement

sprite

The US stopped making things decades ago when the globalists in the government shipped our manufacturing jobs overseas. Citizens had to scramble for jobs in the service sector, too many of which have to do with financials….shuffling paper and wealth around. A country has to make things to thrive otherwise it becomes dependent upon other countries for survival…unless it has a huge military and a global currency. Then it can just take what it wants and print all the money it needs. But this can only go on for so long.

So we baby boomers retire to Costa Rica with SS pensions which are two and three times the average Tico salary. I am so curious to see what is going to happen when those pay outs stop coming. WE LIVE IN INTERESTING TIMES.

VictoriaLST

“Interesting times?” Good old Chinese curse.

jmcbuilder
    Participant

I would add that banks are joined at the hip with government for controlling people, they may call themselves independent but that is false. Look at what the Fed now has as a mandate, unemployment. I wish I could be convinced that metals are the answer but sure don’t see it. The dollar will survive as long as the US does, although worth less as we are taxed to death in the form of money printing.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”sprite”]The US stopped making things decades ago when the globalists in the government shipped our manufacturing jobs overseas. [/quote]

Ah, but for a look at actual facts, see the following article from Industry Week, a source that actually knows what it’s talking about . . .

http://www.industryweek.com/resources/us500/2012

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]
    Ah, but for a look at actual facts, see the following article from Industry Week, a source that actually knows what it’s talking about . . .

http://www.industryweek.com/resources/us500/2012
    [/quote]

David – You should know that this is no time to be using actual facts as a scare tactic! False claims and rumors work much better!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”costaricabill”]
    David – You should know that this is no time to be using actual facts as a scare tactic! False claims and rumors work much better![/quote]

Slap me, Bill. Just slap me!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.