strange forum

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum strange forum

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    wspeed1195

depending on who you ask what Johnhw2,we’re all strange.

[quote=”sprite”]I have been reading and participating in this forum for about 4 years now. Over that time, I have come to believe the host to be a sincere and honest individual who oversees a fair and responsible monitoring of the forum. The sentiment that keeps me coming here, and I suspect most of the other regulars, is the obvious and sincere love that Scott has for the theme of this forum, Costa Rica.

Whether or not the forum assists in his business, I have never had the impression that business was the only or even the main motive for its creation or its continuation.[/quote]

I have been a part of this site for about 5 years as well and I agree with Sprite. Scott has a love for the country and a sincere desire to assist others to find their way if that is what they want to do. Of course he has to make money some how so I don’t find it a bad thing if indeed he is marketing certain businesses. My opinion is that he researches the businesses that are mentioned on this site and would not intentionally steer the site members in the wrong direction. If all members are allowed to advertise all their businesses as well, we wouldn’t know what to trust and what not to trust. In either case, a person should do their own research when planning to make such a move and not rely on any one person or site anyway.

guru

As the editor/moderator and maintainer of a large forum system on a completely different subject for over 10 years I can tell you it is VERY difficult to know when to edit or not. Often an innocent thread becomes a sales pitch, flame war, religious or political rant.

Without occasional judicious editing a forum just becomes a quagmire of spam, bad language and flame wars. Often there is no way to easily edit the thread so the whole must go for the better good. And no matter what you do, you get accused of censorship or worse.

Its a dirty job but someone has to do it.

alexander69

[quote=”Scott”]There are now three moderators (apart from me) and I was told that the thread in question was made “inactive” because the moderator believed that it was becoming too obvious a sales pitch for a project we know nothing about.

I have seen NUMEROUS threads where someone ‘plants’ a question and someone else ‘plants’ the answer to make it look innocent when it is in fact boiler room, swamp land salespeople trying to drum up leads….

This may or may not be the case with this project but our moderators tend to be careful about this…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com[/quote]
    Thank you Scott!

waggoner41

[quote=”ronny”]
    Does anyone know of a place where I can learn about sustainable living? hehehe[/quote]

depending on what you want to do the internet is a good place to start. There is not a question I have had on any subject that I have not found an answer. Alternative energy, gardening, animal husbandry, reforestation or anything else you could ask for.

After relying on magazines and books for 30 years I found I have everything at my fingertips.

If searching the internet is a weak point send me a PM, I have like interests.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.