strange forum

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum strange forum

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Ronny

Not sure what was made obvious that the thread was a sales pitch, but I would like to say that I have nothing to do with the project.
    I built my house about 8 years ago, 30kms away from the new village.
    The only person I’ve met who is involved with them is a young lady working at their office on the highway who gave me directions on how to get there.
    I drove up, looked around and left without talking to anyone else( I was late for a beach party)…that’s it!!
    My interest was solely because I have 6 acres of land that I want to properly plan out for tree planting etc, and wanted to learn more about sustainable living.
    They offer courses and have an interesting website.
    I would never buy into the village as I don’t like anything that structured and have been already established long ago.
    So to ease your suspicions…no, I don’t have any swamp land to sell you.

wspeed1195

[quote=”bobr”]Ronny….I agree with you……I have said several times before….this forum is about retiring to Costa Rica…..
    If you want to cuss/discuss political views….go to another forum.

Bob
    San Ramon[/quote]do you have an add on craigslist by chance?

Ronny

I suppose there’s no point in persuing the second part of my question which was.. “Why aren’t Us political posts moderated?”
    It’s obviously encouraged when the moderator and founder posts ‘ Why I’m leaving Canada.’
    A whack job from Canada expressing his racist and political views makes front page of the website…with a Canadian flag.
    Now we’re getting racist religeous remarks on threads and Canadian politics thrown into the mix…Nice going Scott.
    Does anyone know of a place where I can learn about sustainable living? hehehe

clayton

It’s called Osa Mountain Village . Check it out(Google). See that was easy.

edlreed

[quote=”ronny”]I suppose there’s no point in persuing the second part of my question which was.. “Why aren’t Us political posts moderated?”
    It’s obviously encouraged when the moderator and founder posts ‘ Why I’m leaving Canada.’
    A whack job from Canada expressing his racist and political views makes front page of the website…with a Canadian flag.
    Now we’re getting racist religeous remarks on threads and Canadian politics thrown into the mix…Nice going Scott.
    Does anyone know of a place where I can learn about sustainable living? hehehe :lol:[/quote]
    I’ve often thought that one of the primo eras/places for [i][b]living[/b][/i] was Paris, in the late 20’s/30’s. Why? Its obvious you need to ask, and it has nothing to do with getting sourdough starter.

Ronny

wow…you must be really old:lol:

edlreed

[quote=”ronny”]wow…you must be really old:lol:[/quote]
    You must be VERY cute. Glad you got the point.

Ronny

hope that’s short for Edna,… edlreed.

edlreed

[quote=”ronny”]hope that’s short for Edna.[/quote]
    Got me, no way I can keep up with that intellect. CU.

sprite

I have been reading and participating in this forum for about 4 years now. Over that time, I have come to believe the host to be a sincere and honest individual who oversees a fair and responsible monitoring of the forum. The sentiment that keeps me coming here, and I suspect most of the other regulars, is the obvious and sincere love that Scott has for the theme of this forum, Costa Rica.

Whether or not the forum assists in his business, I have never had the impression that business was the only or even the main motive for its creation or its continuation.

costaricabill
    Participant

Me thinks we have a new record….this may be the longest thread I have seen on WLCR.com without input from David Mc, costaricafinca or marvilla.
    Congratulations to all!
    And by the way, just about all of the posts on this thread actually have some validity!

eemilio

does anyone know what the price of bananas are today!!!!

salamander
    Participant

[quote=”sprite”]I have been reading and participating in this forum for about 4 years now. Over that time, I have come to believe the host to be a sincere and honest individual who oversees a fair and responsible monitoring of the forum. The sentiment that keeps me coming here, and I suspect most of the other regulars, is the obvious and sincere love that Scott has for the theme of this forum, Costa Rica.

Whether or not the forum assists in his business, I have never had the impression that business was the only or even the main motive for its creation or its continuation.[/quote]

Yes – exactly what Sprite said!

wspeed1195

[quote=”edlreed”][quote=”ronny”]Not sure why there is aggression toward another poster when I am the one that could be accused as hall monitor.
    It’s an observation that I’ve made and a question on my part, and I hope that nobody perceives it as me having a lack of respect for americans.[/quote]
    Censorship and inane righteousness is aggression.[/quote]touche,”looking in the mirror and talking to others”.:wink:

Johnhw2

[quote=”sprite”]I have been reading and participating in this forum for about 4 years now. Over that time, I have come to believe the host to be a sincere and honest individual who oversees a fair and responsible monitoring of the forum. The sentiment that keeps me coming here, and I suspect most of the other regulars, is the obvious and sincere love that Scott has for the theme of this forum, Costa Rica.

Whether or not the forum assists in his business, I have never had the impression that business was the only or even the main motive for its creation or its continuation.[/quote]

I agree completely. I find very helpful information here on all topics except of course politics. I generally ignore or read and do not post on such topics. However, I stronly support your view of this forum and its operator. I too appreciate the time, effort and money it takes to help me for no cost to me. Great forum I say, only a few strange posters on it

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.