strange forum

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum strange forum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Ronny

I can’t help but comment on how bizarre this forum is, and how it is moderated.
    I received a reply via e-mail this morning regarding a post someone had made about the Osa Mountain village in southern Costa Rica.
    When I went to the forum to comment about the village, as i have recently been there, the post(as far as I can tell) has been deleted.
    Why???
    It”s much more relevant than other posts such as
    ” Just a wonder”
    “If you haven’t seen this, this is why the US is in serious trouble”
    “Arizona legislature”
    …just to name a few of the US political posts that have nothing to do with Costa Rica. Can someone please explain to me why these posts remain, and a post about the Osa Mountain village is deleted?
    Thank you

PuraVidas

Maybe it has something to do with sales. But since I joined a week ago, I guess I’m not an authority figure.

Ronny

Nobody was selling or promoting the project in the posts.
    It was a question about if anyone had heard of it. I mentioned that I drove by, and this morning tiffen mentioned that it was a cool place.
    Are we only allowed to discuss places that Scott is making money from?:lol:

bobr
    Participant

Ronny….I agree with you……I have said several times before….this forum is about retiring to Costa Rica…..
    If you want to cuss/discuss political views….go to another forum.

Bob
    San Ramon

costaricafinca
    Participant

As an ex-pat from Canada I just ignore these posts, i e political….

edlreed

[quote=”bobr”]Ronny….I agree with you……I have said several times before….this forum is about retiring to Costa Rica…..
    If you want to cuss/discuss political views….go to another forum.

Bob
    San Ramon[/quote]
    Hi Bob. Living in Costa Rica is only for retirees? The reasons people come, and the baggage they bring aren’t important? Did being hall monitor in high school give you a power complex? Oh, thanks for making this site more interesting.

Ronny

Not sure why there is “mild hostility” toward another poster when I am the one that could be accused as hall monitor.
    It’s just my opinion. I hope that nobody perceives it as me having a lack of respect for americans.

edlreed

[quote=”ronny”]Not sure why there is aggression toward another poster when I am the one that could be accused as hall monitor.
    It’s an observation that I’ve made and a question on my part, and I hope that nobody perceives it as me having a lack of respect for americans.[/quote]
    Censorship and inane righteousness is aggression.

bbrunsca

I have the same comments about this forum. It use to be and in some ways still remains informative but it recently has leaned to becoming a bashing of America – not that it does not deserve it. But I too thought this was to be a focus on Costa Rica living. I also think the author of this site has become very political overitme and not sure why. Appreciated it much more when I could learn about this country and not rehash always what’s wrong with America. There are plenty of sites that you can go for this type of discourse and youtube has tons of videos that cover just about everything. It is very interesting. We live in a world with many problems that can be overwhelming. I moved here for the peace and tranquility of this beautiful little country and do not need the nonsense in some of these discussions. Is there that many unhappy people here? Or is this how you all deal with not being in America anymore?

clayton

The discord you read here is a reflection of the times. Be it the USA or I dare say many other spots in the world experiencing the political and economical global unrest will manifest itself here. If it’s information you seek its here, if you have a question, ask it, it will be answered. If you don’t like reading the discourse then doesn’t, no one is forcing you. I would say it’s a free country with free speech, but I can’t, remember we are in Costa Rica and not all free speech is protected.

PuraVidas

Maybe they’re trying to justify their move to an underdeveloped country.

Ronny

The point of my original post was not to get into a debate about free speech and bad economic times.
    I too, have no problem just skipping over all the US political threads(though alot of threads start out as something else).
    My question was and still is… why is it that a potentially interesting thread about sustainable living in Osa is deleted, while all the other bickering threads about the US are not moderated?
    Simple question

Vmc

[quote=”ronny”]The point of my original post was not to get into a debate about free speach and bad economic times.
    I too, have no problem just skipping over all the US political threads(though alot of threads start out as something else).
    My question was and still is… why is it that a potentially interesting thread about sustainable living in Osa is deleted, while all the other bickering threads about the US are not moderated?
    Simple question[/quote]

ronny – I’ve had a thread or two disappear without a trace or explanation….sometimes it’s a glitch in the Matrix, not a deliberate act.

Try re-posting your original thread and see if the results are the same. I had to do so recently, and the second time around, the thread survived….Not of Political content either, so consider the possibility it just happened.

Oh, and in the interest of forum harmony, I promise not to post anything political from here on…..Someone said it best when they said that it is a self-justification, or reasoning behind our own exodus….I think we all do this to some extent.

I hope you can get your original topic back online, best of luck!!

Dan.

Andrew
    Keymaster

There are now three moderators (apart from me) and I was told that the thread in question was made “inactive” because the moderator believed that it was becoming too obvious a sales pitch for a project we know nothing about.

I have seen NUMEROUS threads where someone ‘plants’ a question and someone else ‘plants’ the answer to make it look innocent when it is in fact boiler room, swamp land salespeople trying to drum up leads….

This may or may not be the case with this project but our moderators tend to be careful about this…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Fourreads

BRAVO to this……..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.