Residency “en tramite”

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Residency “en tramite”

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    waggoner41

[quote=”rosiemaji”]I can understand why many people are willing to pay someone big bucks to handle everything from the get go. In the end, though, I had to pay someone to bug them about making a resolution or they would probably still be sitting on it.:roll:[/quote]

Congratulations.

This is where the Office of Consoloria (Ombudsman) would have been a help to you. Sadly not many know that it exists.

So I will repeat again for the benefit of those who are going through the same laborious process.
    The office is in the first building, second door. Phone number: 2299-8109. If your Spanish is limited, ask for Maria Jose. She speaks fairly decent English but I have found that it helps to talk face to face.

They will ask for your Expediente number but can locate your file with your passport number.

rosiemaji

I will remember this Office of Consoloria and Maria Jose. My husband now wants to get his residency. It shouldn’t be as complicated this time because they already have the marriage certificate and my proof of income plus I now know just what to do, when to do it and where to do it. I will be able to guide him through the process. He has no medical insurance here in the US and he is 3 years too young for Medicare. The CAJA will be his primary insurer at least for the next 3 years.

waggoner41

[quote=”rosiemaji”]I will remember this Office of Consoloria and Maria Jose. My husband now wants to get his residency. It shouldn’t be as complicated this time because they already have the marriage certificate and my proof of income plus I now know just what to do, when to do it and where to do it. I will be able to guide him through the process. He has no medical insurance here in the US and he is 3 years too young for Medicare. The CAJA will be his primary insurer at least for the next 3 years.[/quote]

remember that Medicare does not cover medical costs in a foreign country. He MUST apply for Caja before he submits his documents as of April this year. He will need his passport, an electric bill and a medical number for which you will apply at the local clinic.

My wife and I have our medical services provided exclusively through Caja. There are some issues since it is a government run service but all in all we have been satisfied. Donna was treated for breast cancer at hospital San Juan de Dios and is cancer free.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.