New US Ambassador Will Not Attend July 4th Celebration

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum New US Ambassador Will Not Attend July 4th Celebration

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    costaricafinca
    Participant

Happy fourth of July!

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”charientist”][quote=”Imxploring”]Just some food for thought.[/quote]

There are some jobs that require you to work at any time on any day – but ambassador isn’t one of them, and even then observation of the Sabbath would allow some activities an ambassador is expected to do but not others.
    [/quote]

Could you describe what you mean by “activities”? While engaging in work activities would seem to conflict with his religious practices (although I believe his oath of office would require such if an emergency was to occur) I was wondering if fellowship is prohibited on the Sabbath?

charientist

I am neither Jewish nor an expert on sabbath prohibitions but since the Israeli government and security services are filled with observant Jews I suspect that the activities Ambassador Haney would be allowed to perform include a lot of the same ones those people routinely do.

charientist

Is this some of the fellowship you criticize Ambassador Haney for not conducting?

“To commemorate the 239th anniversary of Independence as well as his recent arrival to Costa Rica, United States Ambassador S. Fitzgerald Haney held a formal function at his residence on Thursday afternoon. More than 600 attendants from various sectors of civil society and private enterprise attended the event, which took place in the capital city of Costa Rica.”

http://news.co.cr/u-s-ambassador-prepares-for-4th-of-july-in-costa-rica/39945/

Imxploring
    Participant

Thanks for your reply although I wasn’t asking about working on the Sabbath… only if fellowship with others was prohibited. I don’t expect the ambassador to work in conflict with his faith, his commitment to his faith is quite admirable in today’s God less world.

I notice you’re new to the board… and I really love your screen name there Sunshine! Look forward to your input! 🙂

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”charientist”]Is this some of the fellowship you criticize Ambassador Haney for not conducting?

“To commemorate the 239th anniversary of Independence as well as his recent arrival to Costa Rica, United States Ambassador S. Fitzgerald Haney held a formal function at his residence on Thursday afternoon. More than 600 attendants from various sectors of civil society and private enterprise attended the event, which took place in the capital city of Costa Rica.”

http://news.co.cr/u-s-ambassador-prepares-for-4th-of-july-in-costa-rica/39945/%5B/quote%5D

Couldn’t hold off posting an internet link could you Sunshine? Of the 600 folks in attendance how many do you think were everyday expats and their families living in CR?

charientist

The use of the word “Sunshine” is a bit patronizing. What’s up with that?

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”charientist”]The use of the word “Sunshine” is a bit patronizing. What’s up with that?[/quote]

Sunshine… the start of a new day, a new adventure, first light being cast on new possibilities, the warming of the body and soul after the darkness of the night, a rebirth, a new start….. all good. No reason to get the undies in a bunch.

But might I ask the significance of your chosen username?

docksidejohn

Just goes to show you another example of our Presidents effort to slowly destroy our country. Appointing people for his agenda not for the better of the country. The ambassador should be replaced pronto!

jeffreybrock

perhaps we should have all atheist running the US… would that make you feel better about your damned church and state theory?

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA WAS FOUNDED ON PRAYER AND THE BELIEF OF THE ALMIGHTY GOD. ITS IDIOTS LIKE YOU WHO WANT TO DESTROY OUR HISTORY AND MAKE A NEW HISTORY WITHOUT THE GOD THAT THIS NATION WAS FOUNDED ON.

As a history scholar, with a Ph.D, I urge you to find for yourself the history you have seemingly forgotten and read some of the prayers that our founding fathers prayed before EVERY meeting and then prayed again prior to leaving… that sure sounds sounds like separation of church and state to me 🙂

jeffreybrock

its a sad day for we Jewish men to have a topic that tests our fortitude and desire to serve the God who led us out of Egypt so many years ago. To even suggest that a man break a law of God to please another man demonstrates the deep departure man has taken from the Creator Himself.

I feel sorry for those who don’t know why my breathers and I serve and obey the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

jeffreybrock

[quote=”lwoodhams”]The ONLY thing that has made America really GREAT in history has been the separation of Church and State which, if you read the Constitution, is not annihilation of religion but freedom to practice one’s religion as long as it did not trample on another person’s life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Anti Semitic comments for me are not well received. If this continues please remove my name from your subscription list.[/quote]

Well spoken…

jeffreybrock

Well said… I agree completely.

jeffreybrock

Should the ambassador come out for a meet and greet with any expat, HE IS WORKING… final word.

We dont work on Shabbat because our creator instructed us to rest. I am Jewish and observe all the Shabbatim, not just the weekly but the annual as well. God said if you follow me, you will obey my commands. If ANYONE, who loves the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, wants to please him, then you too would be observing the 7th day for rest / worship and NOT the 1st day of the week. The Sabbaths are NOT just for the Jewish people, but for EVERYONE that wants to serve this great and mighty king, the one we call “YehoVah”…

Even when Jesus was walking on this earth, HE observed the Shabbat weekly and annually. Jesus even said if you loved him, keep the commandments. And he taught the commandments very clearly.

BTW, there are 613 commandments, not just the 10 everyone is familiar with. Some are for Men, some for women, some for children and some for the high priests. To obey the 10, totally, would encompass all the others…

Versatile

Scott came to the USA and made him big bucks working on wall street. Scott now wants everyone from the USA to move to CR or at least make a lot of money off those that do. Scott sure loves to bash the USA and Jews.

I am a patriotic person and i don’t like his disrespect to our country that treated him so well. Being a anti-semantic is definitely not one of his good traits.

I think it has been about 2 years or more maybe since i have even posted here after i saw his true attitude. I doubt that i will suffer any if they kick me out of here.

I am agreeing with the others. Keep up the anti-semantic stuff and you can delete me as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.