Costa Rica, 46 countries commit to automatic exchange of tax, financial info

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica, 46 countries commit to automatic exchange of tax, financial info

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”pharg”]Ahem!
    I most courteously suggest that you folks arguing in the sandbox about Social Security et al., take your deaf locked-in opinions to the PM route unless they have direct relevance to Costa Rica.
    Scott, I wonder how many WLCR readers have/will bail out because of these boring exchanges?
    PEH[/quote]

Sorry if the topic seems to not be related to CR and something of interest to you but it really is! Remember the original posting and the banking issues… This is just one of many small steps governments EVERYWHERE are taking to lock you in. No matter if you THINK you’ve escaped to CR! The good folks in CR are engaging in the same actions as we’ve seen with first MANDATORY participation in CAJA as a residency requirement and now large increases in the payments you make.

While the issues being discussed may not seem to impact your life in CR they really do…. One way or another.

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”pharg”]Ahem!
    I most courteously suggest that you folks arguing in the sandbox about Social Security et al., take your deaf locked-in opinions to the PM route unless they have direct relevance to Costa Rica.
    Scott, I wonder how many WLCR readers have/will bail out because of these boring exchanges?
    PEH[/quote]

They seem rather lively… Not boring at all…. Then again perhaps you have this super fantastic exciting live you’d like to share with us. I’d love to hear all about it… Seriously! LOL

davidd

sweikert925

It came to me

you would be a great vice president.. right next to el rey himself.

😀

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”pixframe”]Tinker? That’s just another euphemism for “kicking the can down the road”[/quote]
    The tinkering they did in 1986 bought another 47 years of solvency to the system. They can do that again and in 50 years the demographic problem known as the baby boom will have fixed itself since we baby boomers will be long dead by 2064.
    [quote=”pixframe”]Since I’m already collecting social security…[/quote]
    I stand corrected. In this particular instance that charge doesn’t apply.[/quote]

davidd

Imxploring

your on a roll MATE!! and thank you for voicing these opinions.

usually when I come across people like this I usually just get up and leave.. like you mentioned.. vote with your feet.. that is the best !! and let these people deal with the issues.

@pharg
    : these issues do include costa rica.. don’t you think these decisions affect how people live here???

[quote=”Imxploring”][quote=”pharg”]Ahem!
    PEH[/quote]

They seem rather lively… Not boring at all…. Then again perhaps you have this super fantastic exciting live you’d like to share with us. I’d love to hear all about it… Seriously! LOL[/quote]

pixframe
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″]So you have 3 possible alternatives:

(2) Stop providing for them to show those dirty stinkin’ poor people they can’t get away with their shameful behavior
    [quote=”pixframe”] I vote for #2[/quote]
    [quote=”Imxploring”]I vote for #2 as well[/quote]
    What is there left to say to a pair that are willing to let innocent children suffer in order to punish their parents for behavior they disapprove of?[/quote]

I can’t speak for Imx (don’t know the guy but do like what he has to say) but I can speak for myself. You are misplacing the guilt. It belongs at the source … totally and completely, 100%, it belongs to the parents who brought into the world children they knowingly couldn’t or wouldn’t support and nurture.

costaricabill
    Participant

Fixing Social Security….
    The first step is to do away with the congressional retirement fund and make members of congress (senators, representatives, their staff members, etc.) – past, present and future – and all other government employees subject to Social Security Retirement Benefits, just like the rest of us.

Take all of the money that is currently in the congressional retirement fund and the government employee retirement fund and pour it into the SSI fund. That, together with our senators and representatives receiving only SSI benefits in stead of their “salary for life” as retirement, should stretch out the SSI fund’s life span a few years.

It may also cause some of those on the government payroll to opt for a real world job and allow the US to return to having citizen representation instead of professional politicians.

SSI will never work until congress is forced to live under it, just like the rest of us!

pdsnickles
    Participant

Welcome to what I like to call “the New World ODOR”.

Here’s the deal in case some people haven’t figured it out:
    Corporations and banks have taken over the world while the fine citizens of these countries have had their heads up their arses, watching soap operas and reading about the Kardashians.

Thomas Jefferson said “The price of liberty is eternal vigilance”. Our “let George do it” attitude has led to our losiing more and more freedom to the point where there really is almost nowhere left to go if you truly want to be free of government interference in your life.

When the Trans Pacific Partnership goes into law you will see things get even tighter, worse for people, worse for the environment, worse for the world in general, thanks to corporations owning all the power brokers.

Like I said “Welcome to the New World Odor”.

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”pdsnickles”]Welcome to what I like to call “the New World ODOR”.

Here’s the deal in case some people haven’t figured it out:
    Corporations and banks have taken over the world while the fine citizens of these countries have had their heads up their arses, watching soap operas and reading about the Kardashians.

Thomas Jefferson said “The price of liberty is eternal vigilance”. Our “let George do it” attitude has led to our losiing more and more freedom to the point where there really is almost nowhere left to go if you truly want to be free of government interference in your life.

When the Trans Pacific Partnership goes into law you will see things get even tighter, worse for people, worse for the environment, worse for the world in general, thanks to corporations owning all the power brokers.

Like I said “Welcome to the New World Odor”.[/quote]

Thank you! Some folks just don’t get it! But as even Jefferson knew… WE THE PEOPLE …. are the real power… if we come out of the smoke and lies that have been cast upon us. The problem is that there is going to be a lot of pain and sacrifice … Two words folks have become very unfamiliar with!

sprite

[quote=”pixframe”][quote=”sweikert925″]So you have 3 possible alternatives:

(2) Stop providing for them to show those dirty stinkin’ poor people they can’t get away with their shameful behavior
    [quote=”pixframe”] I vote for #2[/quote]
    [quote=”Imxploring”]I vote for #2 as well[/quote]
    What is there left to say to a pair that are willing to let innocent children suffer in order to punish their parents for behavior they disapprove of?[/quote]

Under what I call normal circumstances, if you knew a child who was suffering serious deprivation and you could help, you probably would. Most of us would help.
    The problem is that we are born into unnatural social circumstances, we find ourselves living in huge societies called nations. People don’t function humanely in such impossibly large groups. We evolved, like dogs, to function in packs, tribal groupings of 25 members or less.
    Today, a sub species of sociopathic elites are herding us into larger groupings with the ultimate goal of one huge group with a withered population they can control. Along the way to that goal, we lose our humanity hence you have people who let children starve to death rather than contribute a few dollars of their own wealth to stop it.

I can’t speak for Imx (don’t know the guy but do like what he has to say) but I can speak for myself. You are misplacing the guilt. It belongs at the source … totally and completely, 100%, it belongs to the parents who brought into the world children they knowingly couldn’t or wouldn’t support and nurture.[/quote]

sprite

Under what I call normal circumstances, if you knew a child who was suffering serious deprivation and you could help, you probably would. Most of us would help.

The problem is that we are born into unnatural social circumstances, we find ourselves living in huge societies called nations. People don’t function humanely in such impossibly large groups. We evolved, like dogs, to function in packs, tribal groupings of 25 members or less.

Today, a sub species of sociopathic elites are herding us into larger groupings with the ultimate goal of one huge group with a withered population they can control. Along the way to that goal, we lose our humanity hence you have people who let children starve to death rather than contribute a few dollars of their own wealth to stop it. Sociopathy is contagious.

sprite

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”sprite”]Most of us would help.[/quote]

The key word there is “most”.

[quote=”sprite”]The problem is that we are born into unnatural social circumstances, we find ourselves living in huge societies called nations. People don’t function humanely in such impossibly large groups.[/quote]

Some of us seem to manage it. Others choose not to.

Your hypothesis that people who live in small groups have no callous, cruel and greedy people has been disproved by countless real world examples. If you believe the bible, when there were only 4 people in the entire world – Adam, Eve, Cain and Abel – it still resulted in one of the four murdering another one purely out of jealousy.

“Society made me do it” is not valid as an excuse for people who are callous, cruel and greedy.[/quote]

I don’t look to the Bible for anything at all. There is nothing of value there.

Small communities which are isolated within a nation and mostly insulated from the larger surrounding culture and which do not suffer scarcities of the basic necessities of life tend to be more nurturing of their offspring and more likely to share with each other. There are plenty of examples odf this in remote areas. In those remote areas, you don’t find starvation and malnutrition of children who are surrounded by wealth and plenty as you do in the US.

How do you otherwise explain the barbarous attitude of someone who says he would not lift a finger to help a child living in deprivation in order to punish parents who are unable or unwilling to do so? This is a sociopathic attitude and has to be the product of a sociopathic culture.

I am sorry, but anyone who honestly chose option two is displaying characteristics of a psychopath.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/psychopath

pixframe
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″] I’m sorry to hear that. I happen to think there is a great deal of wisdom in the Bible regardless of whether you accept the supernatural dogma. The Sermon on the Mount by itself is worth putting the Bible up there with the greatest moral texts. (And something a couple people who contribute to this message board should read or re-read when they get the chance). [/quote]

This is the same Book where every innocent child on the face of the Earth (other than the children of Noah) were drowned along with their parents and later, in two cities (Sodom & Gomorrah), again the innocent children and their parents were brutally killed by fire and brimstone. There are times when extreme measures need to be taken to make things right again.

sprite

[quote=”pixframe”][quote=”sweikert925″] I’m sorry to hear that. I happen to think there is a great deal of wisdom in the Bible regardless of whether you accept the supernatural dogma. The Sermon on the Mount by itself is worth putting the Bible up there with the greatest moral texts. (And something a couple people who contribute to this message board should read or re-read when they get the chance). [/quote]

This is the same Book where every innocent child on the face of the Earth (other than the children of Noah) were drowned along with their parents and later, in two cities (Sodom & Gomorrah), again the innocent children and their parents were brutally killed by fire and brimstone. There are times when extreme measures need to be taken to make things right again.[/quote]

Now I see where the psychotic attitudes come from. The god of the bible chooses option two sometimes as well. Thankfully there are more and more of us who have dumped that silly book written by Iron Age savages who sacrificed children and animals to their imaginary god.

pixframe
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”pixframe”]There are times when extreme measures need to be taken to make things right again.[/quote]
    Yeah, we already know you heartily approve of punishing the innocent along with the guilty.

Some day it may happen that you are part of a group, some of whom are guilty of something but you are not. And then it would be OK to punish you too, according to your philosophy.

So turning this topic back to where it started, if the US government passes laws aimed at tax cheats and people who acquire wealth through illegal means and those laws cause inconvenience – or worse – to you, you’re hardly in a position to complain about it, are you? Because (you insist) it’s OK to punish the innocent along with the guilty.[/quote]

You really can’t help yourself from having to get in the last word. But, rethinking it, it’s not the last word you want it’s the conflict … you thrive on the conflict. You twist words and/or tell people what they’re actually saying and pat yourself on your back for being so clever …. but you’re not so clever.

You’re the kid in the school yard that no one wants to play with. To get some attention you choose a kid and hit him. And, when he hits you back you get some satisfaction because for that brief moment you weren’t ignored.

You should NEVER have brought up the Bible. Religion (one with a God, a group of Gods, or no God at all) is a very personal, emotional, and spiritual matter that goes to the core of who each of us are. You and your righteousness were way out of line bringing it up.

Enough said!

davidd

sweikert925

I just emailed your employer with regards to your wasting company time with mental masturbation. Hopefully he will dock your pay.

😀

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.