Costa Rica, 46 countries commit to automatic exchange of tax, financial info

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica, 46 countries commit to automatic exchange of tax, financial info

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    davidd

this is all in our minds.. and all of these people are tax cheats and crooks

http://rt.com/usa/158736-americans-citizenship-us-refuse/

Kwhite1

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”Kwhite1″]… except when you try and use the typically liberal talking points..[/quote]

What exactly is a “liberal talking point” and how is that different from an idea?

[quote=”Kwhite1″]Instead of acknowledging a point that you know deep down is valid..[/quote]
    I’m curious as to how you would know what I believe “deep down”? I assure you I say what I mean and I mean what I say. Why would you assume otherwise?

[quote=”Kwhite1″] I too have read some of the liberal handbooks[/quote]

If the “too” implies that I have read the works of Alinsky and Ayers then I hate to disappoint you, I haven’t. Why would you assume that I had? Just because they live (or in Alinsky’s case lived) here in Chicago?

[quote=”Kwhite1″]…acknowledging that someone else may be correct[/quote]
    I often acknowledge that someone else was correct about something, including on this very message board. I don’t assume I’m right about everything because no one can possibly be right about everything. I’ve twice invited you to make a similar admission but you’ve refused.

[/quote]

Steve, I say that because you use the same “talking points” and diversion tactics most liberals use when faced with direct questions that are backed up with facts. I find it quite a qwinkidink that you would use the same diversions and tactics that the talking heads use but yet you claim to not be a liberal and you are confrontational on just about every subject.

You would not even admit that the US economy is in bad shape, and that the government is overreaching is authority. Until you can admit that and open your eyes, I place you in the category of sheeple. I have no use for sheeple, I am tired of supporting them.

Just so you know, not all conservatives are bad, I support 2 orphanages here in Belize and give just about 50% of my income to both. But yet I get taxed on that because the IRS says I can only deduct so much.

sprite

I have no problem with renouncing my US citizenship once I have a passport from another country to replace the US one.
    This has NOTHING to do with greed for money on my part.

For over a hundred years now, the international banking cartel, via the government, has hollowed out the wealth of the US and has kept the US in a perpetual state of war all across the planet. I want NO part of that. If you pay income tax, you are funding the mass murder of children. Period.

If you use the language of the sociopaths who run things and claim the deaths of all those innocent children are collateral damage in defense of freedom, you have become a sociopath by exposure to their system.

lyncota
    Participant

[quote=”sprite”]I have no problem with renouncing my US citizenship once I have a passport from another country to replace the US one.
    This has NOTHING to do with greed for money on my part.

For over a hundred years now, the international banking cartel, via the government, has hollowed out the wealth of the US and has kept the US in a perpetual state of war all across the planet. I want NO part of that. If you pay income tax, you are funding the mass murder of children. Period.

If you use the language of the sociopaths who run things and claim the deaths of all those innocent children are collateral damage in defense of freedom, you have become a sociopath by exposure to their system.[/quote]

Well, Sprite, if what you say here is the absolute truth, then I applaud you. And if Costa Rica chooses to use the tax money it collects from it’s citizens and expat residents to fund one of the best public health systems in the world, rather than to support a military, then that should be OK with you. I know it’s OK with me!

sprite

I am talking specifically about US income tax, the most onerous, unconstitutional tax on the planet. I am not talking about Costa Rican taxes. You must be able to see the difference between a gentle state with no standing military like CR and a murderous oligarchic empire armed to the teeth like the US.
    Governments, in general, are corrupt and criminal in varying degrees. Costa Rica was the first Central American country to sign on to new IRS capital control measures, FATCA. And I don’t doubt that those governments which oppose the US hegemony are also corrupt. We are left with poor choices. Costa Rica seems to be one of the better choices among all the very poor choices.

davidd

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”sprite”]I am talking specifically about US income tax, the most onerous, unconstitutional tax on the planet. [/quote]
    I know of few other countries in the world – including Costa Rica – that don’t have an income tax. If you want to move to one that doesn’t, then you may be interested in [url=http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/12/03/hate-this-talk-about-raising-tax-rates-here-are-some-countries-with-no-income-taxes-whatsoever/]this.[/url]

As I pointed out to you earlier, you are not the authority on what is or isn’t constitutional. But leaving that aside, if we didn’t have an income tax, what would you suggest the US government do instead to fund itself?[/quote]

😛

Imxploring
    Participant

Oh Boy…. I’m off the grid a few days and you folks are feeding quarters into the Steve slot machine like you own the mint!!!! LOL

He feeds on it… most people in his personal life avoid him or have the ability to walk away… but here he has a captive audience to espouse his view of the world and how it should be and is in his own little mind. He has the control he feels he should have in his real life but has never achieved… To tell you why he’s right and you’re wrong… to selectively address issues he can twist and hit you with an obscure web link to make his point while avoiding others he knows can’t be defended.

Those of you that know Costa Rica, live here, have spent time here, have invested here, have experienced FIRST HAND the good things and bad about Costa Rica are sure of one thing…. he won’t last here a year… we’ve all seen those types and go!

sprite

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”sprite”]I am talking specifically about US income tax, the most onerous, unconstitutional tax on the planet. [/quote]
    I know of few other countries in the world – including Costa Rica – that don’t have an income tax. If you want to move to one that doesn’t, then you may be interested in [url=http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/12/03/hate-this-talk-about-raising-tax-rates-here-are-some-countries-with-no-income-taxes-whatsoever/]this.[/url]

As I pointed out to you earlier, you are not the authority on what is or isn’t constitutional. But leaving that aside, if we didn’t have an income tax, what would you suggest the US government do instead to fund itself?[/quote]

President Reagan ordered a study and discovered that most of the revenue from income taxes did NOT go to infrastructure, rather it went to the FED (a private bank) to pay the interest due for the dollars the FED creates out of thin air then loans to us at interest. This is so stupid as to be difficult to believe since the government could create its own currency debt free. Once you get your mind around this single fact, and it is hard to do, everything else falls into place. Wake up!

Imxploring
    Participant

How about a more local city and state government you must be much more familiar with and one that will impact you directly and deeply? So tell us Steve… How’s that bastion of democratic views working out for Chicago and Illinois… How are YOU going to pay to keep the utopian dream alive there? Seems they have about 2 years before the hammer falls and it becomes time to pay up for many years of politicians kicking the can down the road in order to buy the votes of the foolish as well as keep their political lives going! That is when they don’t get arrested and sent to jail!

Or are you planning on bailing out when the COST of such social “planning” comes due? I’ve asked before and you seem to ignore the issue. But isn’t the failure of such a city and state important to ALL governments, including Costa Rica which face similar problems?

How are YOU going to pay to keep Chicago and Illinois going?

sprite

to Steve and anyone else that is still unaware, below is a posting from an expat in Chile. People are waking up.

http://constitutionclub.ning.com/forum/topics/u-withdraw-my-consent?xg_source=msg_mes_network

sprite

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”sprite”]President Reagan ordered a study…[/quote]

None of that has any bearing on the question I asked you so let me try again: if we didn’t have an income tax, what would you suggest the US government do instead to fund itself?[/quote]

The government funded itself very well up until the income tax of 1913. There are a myeiad of other taxes out there and I am one of the federally licensed people who collect one of those taxes, import taxes to be specific. There are fuel taxes, excise taxes, corporate taxes and tobacco taxes..there are taxes ad nauseum. Many are legitimate and are used to some degree to fund infrastructure.
    Income tax is strictly to rob and hollow out the wealth of a nation for the benefit of the international banking cartel, which prints the fiat currency we use out of thin air and then charges us for that amount as well as interest. Wake up.

davidd

Sprite is right on with that statement..

here is a funny video from jon stewart

can anyone see the message ??

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/14/heres-why-jon-stewart-mercilessly-mocked-harry-reid-last-night/

[quote=”sprite”][quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”sprite”]President Reagan ordered a study…[/quote]

None of that has any bearing on the question I asked you so let me try again: if we didn’t have an income tax, what would you suggest the US government do instead to fund itself?[/quote]

The government funded itself very well up until the income tax of 1913. There are a myeiad of other taxes out there and I am one of the federally licensed people who collect one of those taxes, import taxes to be specific. There are fuel taxes, excise taxes, corporate taxes and tobacco taxes..there are taxes ad nauseum. Many are legitimate and are used to some degree to fund infrastructure.
    Income tax is strictly to rob and hollow out the wealth of a nation for the benefit of the international banking cartel, which prints the fiat currency we use out of thin air and then charges us for that amount as well as interest. Wake up.[/quote]

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″][It’s nice that you have returned to actually discussing ideas like an adult instead of throwing childish insults at me. Let’s see how long that lasts.]

[quote=”Imxploring”]How’s that bastion of democratic views working out for Chicago and Illinois.[/quote]

If you’re expecting me to defend the way this city and state have been run for the past 20 or 30 years you’re in for a disappointment. The state and city finances are a mess, no doubt about it. But that took the effort of lots of politicians from both parties. We had Republican governors for 26 years straight from 1977-2003. The decisions to shortchange the pension funds were largely theirs.

For the past 3 state elections now, I have wanted to vote for someone other than my current state senator and state representative (both Democrats) but I couldn’t. Why? because that pathetic creature called the Illinois Republican party didn’t bother to recruit a candidate for either post. But it wasn’t just my district – almost half of all state legislature seats in 2010 had NO MAJOR PARTY OPPOSITION. That includes Democrats with no Republican opponent and Republicans with no Democratic opponent. And in the 2011 mayoral election there was also no Republican running. So whose fault is it when all the offices I get to vote for wind up with Democrats in them?

This fall though we DO have a real live Republican running for governor and he will get my vote. (The current Democratic incumbent is a decent man and the state financial situation isn’t his doing, but he’s had long enough to fix it and hasn’t.) And we also have 2 constitutional amendments on the ballot, both of which I will gladly vote for – term limits and a non-partisan method of assigning political district boundaries.

As for why we’re in this mess, the answer is simple – the people who run things kept using gimmicks to balance the state budget instead of raising the necessary taxes to do so. Since the state income tax was first instituted in 1969 (by a Republican governor by the way) the rate has remained at a flat 3% or below until 2011. Illinois had the lowest state income tax of any state that HAD a state income tax for years. And it’s not like Illinois spends a lot – as [url=http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/per-capita-state-spending/] this reference shows[/url], Illinois spends less than almost every other state. (Wait, this is where you accuse me of “hitting you with an obscure web link to make my point”, right?)

[quote=”Imxploring”]Or are you planning on bailing out when the COST of such social “planning” comes due?[/quote]

The bill has come due now. I’m already paying for all those stupid decisions. My state income taxes went up in 2012 and so have city taxes. They will both probably go up more in the next few years – well before I leave for Costa Rica, and my decision to move there has nothing whatsoever to do with what’s going on here.

[quote=”Imxploring”]I’ve asked before and you seem to ignore the issue.[/quote]

I don’t recall any such question being asked before, maybe you can refresh my memory on that.
    [/quote]

So finally something we can agree on…. as for my asking… page 1 of this very thread… my second posting.

BTW…. You highlight the fact that Illinois has had Republican governors to place the blame on… but hasn’t Chicago had a series of Democratic mayors since the “New Deal” and is in as bad, or worse shape, as the state?

Just because one party can’t find a quality candidate does not absolve the other of being accountable or held accountable for their conduct… on the topic of governors… didn’t 4 or the last seven go to jail… in addition to your former mayor?

Just a thought… when you say they used “gimmicks” to balance the budget… what you’re really saying is that they continued to SPEND more money for social programs they didn’t have funding for in order to keep buying the votes of those folks on the receiving end… all to keep their political power intact.

Seems the “informed” voters of Chicago and Illinois are not very good judges of character. LOL

Imxploring
    Participant

As to those questions… Perhaps the reason they can find viable candidates is because anyone with an IQ above 80 and a pulse can see where Illinois and Chicago are headed! I like to say that these days politicians running for office are either delusional or liars… In most cases they’re both!

As to Nixon… Happy to say I’m young enough not to have voted that year!

As to my “rhetorical” question to you.. I take it that the answer is a resounding yes! LOL

davidd

sweikert

your explaining exact processes that is going on around the country NOT just Chicago

your commentary surprised me a bit.. because you basically describe the frustration of government wide incompetence and corruption..

yet you have this naive view point as if this can all be worked out..

let me ask you

how many times will you allowed to be lied to.. or money stolen from you..??? since you pay taxes and these idiots misuse funds etc.. how many times before you say enough is enough..

it doe snot matter who is in office.. Bush was one of the most bungling idiots who ever made president..

in fact. he was the reason Obama won can you imagine that hairbrain mcain.. another 4 years..

its the system that is broken

If you’re expecting me to defend the way this city and state have been run for the past 20 or 30 years you’re in for a disappointment. The state and city finances are a mess, no doubt about it. But that took the effort of lots of politicians from both parties. We had Republican governors for 26 years straight from 1977-2003. The decisions to shortchange the pension funds were largely theirs.

For the past 3 state elections now, I have wanted to vote for someone other than my current state senator and state representative (both Democrats) but I couldn’t. Why? because that pathetic creature called the Illinois Republican party didn’t bother to recruit a candidate for either post. But it wasn’t just my district – almost half of all state legislature seats in 2010 had NO MAJOR PARTY OPPOSITION. That includes Democrats with no Republican opponent and Republicans with no Democratic opponent. And in the 2011 mayoral election there was also no Republican running. So whose fault is it when all the offices I get to vote for wind up with Democrats in them?

This fall though we DO have a real live Republican running for governor and he will get my vote. (The current Democratic incumbent is a decent man and the state financial situation isn’t his doing, but he’s had long enough to fix it and hasn’t.) And we also have 2 constitutional amendments on the ballot, both of which I will gladly vote for – term limits and a non-partisan method of assigning political district boundaries.

As for why we’re in this mess, the answer is simple – the people who run things kept using gimmicks to balance the state budget instead of raising the necessary taxes to do so. Since the state income tax was first instituted in 1969 (by a Republican governor by the way) the rate has remained at a flat 3% or below until 2011. Illinois had the lowest state income tax of any state that HAD a state income tax for years. And it’s not like Illinois spends a lot – as this reference shows, Illinois spends less than almost every other state. (Wait, this is where you accuse me of “hitting you with an obscure web link to make my point”, right?)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.