Costa Rica, 46 countries commit to automatic exchange of tax, financial info

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Costa Rica, 46 countries commit to automatic exchange of tax, financial info

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Imxploring
    Participant

David Wrote:

“the compliance officer explained to me..

“off the record” that all these stifling regulations doing business with Americans is becoming to the point.. they do not want Americans as customers

this came out of this womans lips I kid you not..”

That’s the plan. To make Americans “persona non grata” so that they can’t escape Uncle Sam’s control or tax. By making it impossible for you to bank overseas he is in effect controlling your ability to relocate or “take it with you”!

Think about it…. how much money does the average expat have living on SS in CR? They’re not wealth by any means… and as far as being some type of tax cheat… even if they had $20,000 in cash in an account in Costa Rica… how much would he be getting in interest that could be taxed after taking the standard income tax deductions? It’s crumbs as someone had pointed to earlier… and that’s the scary part… if they’re looking for crumbs things are REALLY bad!

Kwhite1

2 schools of thought, one is the gov is so broke they are looking for every crumb they can find, two, is that the demise of the dollar is imminent and they are gathering as much reserves as they can in the time remaining.

It is apparent go me, even more so now, they feel like you and your property belong to them. So much for the free man.

pixframe
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″]Let’s assume inflation remains low – averaging 3%. After 37 years my age 62 monthly benefit of $1644 would be $5054/month. If I delay til age 70 my $3006 starting benefit would amount to $7296/month. [/quote]

Good idea for you to wait until age 70 to collect that starting monthly payment of $3,006. That will leave in the fictional “lock box” (to go towards covering their payments to me) over $166,000 (8 years of your uncollected age 62 monthly payments of $1,644 assuming a 1.5% COLA).

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”pixframe”]Good idea for you to wait until age 70 to collect that starting monthly payment of $3,006. [/quote]

I haven’t decided to do that. My comment was just a hypothetical to illustrate why waiting may be a good idea – or may not.

In any case I won’t be eligible for SS for another 5 years, even at the earliest. I thought you were one of those guys who are predicting economic catastrophe well before then. So sorry, guess my SS funds won’t be at your disposal no matter what.[/quote]

I have it on good advice that Pix is already collecting that Social Security booty… So perhaps the comment was directed at keeping the plan going long enough to get her share back! LOL

sprite

[quote=”sweikert925″][/quote]
    As soon as you get nominated and confirmed to the US Supreme Court your opinion will carry some weight. Until then, not so much.[/quote]

Spoken like a loyal slave, Sweikert. I don’t feel any moral obligation to obey criminals even if they are wearing black magician robes or any other federal costume.

sprite

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”sprite”]Spoken like a loyal slave[/quote]
    You can think it it as being a slave, reasonable people generally think of it as recognizing reality rather than indulging in a private fantasy.

[quote=”sprite”]I don’t feel any moral obligation to obey criminal[s]..[/quote]
    Well I hate it to break it to you and further intrude on that fantasy, but you don’t get to decide who are criminals all by yourself either. If you don’t pay your taxes then you risk being the criminal, not the men and women in those black robes.

Sweikert,
    You don’t get it because you are so thoroughly indoctrinated. You are letting the criminals tell you who you should consider criminals. You are not thinking for yourself. You are brainwashed.

The bottom line is that we are responsible for making our own moral decisions. You cannot leave that up to anyone else. You can ignore your moral responsibility, or leave it up to others, but you cannot ignore the consequences of your moral responsibility.

[/quote]

davidd

Sprite

this statement wraps this up in a nutshell

The bottom line is that we are responsible for making our own moral decisions. You cannot leave that up to anyone else. You can ignore your moral responsibility, or leave it up to others, but you cannot ignore the consequences of your moral responsibility.

[quote=”sprite”][quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”sprite”]Spoken like a loyal slave[/quote]
    You can think it it as being a slave, reasonable people generally think of it as recognizing reality rather than indulging in a private fantasy.

Well I hate it to break it to you and further intrude on that fantasy, but you don’t get to decide who are criminals all by yourself either. If you don’t pay your taxes then you risk being the criminal, not the men and women in those black robes.

Sweikert,
    You don’t get it because you are so thoroughly indoctrinated. You are letting the criminals tell you who you should consider criminals. You are not thinking for yourself. You are brainwashed.

[/quote][/quote]

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”sprite”]Spoken like a loyal slave[/quote]

[/quote]

Thankfully Steve there were a good number of people in America in 1776 that didn’t see things the way you do and were willing to stand up and fight for what was fair and right putting their lives and liberty as risk. You apparently on the other hand would have been quite comfortable continuing to be governed by folks in red coats that answered to a King. (No offense intended Scott! LOL)

History is a beast… it repeats itself over and over again… and only those willing to learn from it truly can see what is right and wrong with this world. But then again… being a sheep now, and back in 1776, was an easy path that many took…. but who was ultimately right and aren’t even YOU enjoying the benefits of those that made the difficult choice rather than the easy one?

davidd

Imxploring

Holy Shit Mate..

that is so right on.. what an excellent correlation.

the problem as history teaches.. is that with each generation.. comes apathy being so disconnected to the original ideals that what actually built America.

I would have been in that category myself.. being i was born in 62

with many of the same naive points of views.. fully indoctrinated thru the public school systems and life in general..

being a w2 I never even questioned why my gross income and net income.. and what happens to that money

I did start to become aware when I started my own business.. and I actually had to write out checks to pay for taxes.. payroll.. etc etc

then 9/11 happened which changed everything.. NOT the actual event itself BUT everything that happened afterwards..

It was then i became interested in history.. and I discovered one very important point
    [b]
    the further you go back in history the farther you can see in the future..
    [/b]
    and you are so right..

[b]History just keeps repeating itself over and over again.. [/b][size=200][/size]

pretty amazing actually..

[/quote]

Thankfully Steve there were a good number of people in America in 1776 that didn’t see things the way you do and were willing to stand up and fight for what was fair and right putting their lives and liberty as risk. You apparently on the other hand would have been quite comfortable continuing to be governed by folks in red coats that answered to a King. (No offense intended Scott! LOL)

History is a beast… it repeats itself over and over again… and only those willing to learn from it truly can see what is right and wrong with this world. But then again… being a sheep now, and back in 1776, was an easy path that many took…. but who was ultimately right and aren’t even YOU enjoying the benefits of those that made the difficult choice rather than the easy one?[/quote]

sprite

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”sprite”]The bottom line is that we are responsible for making our own moral decisions. [/quote]

Of course! Moral decisions are up to each and every one of us. Legal ones, unfortunately, are not.

Of course now that I have been set straight I now see that we have no need for courts and legislatures and police to tell us all what is legal and what is not – we can just ask you. Who knew!

But I do have to wonder, why is it [b]you [/b]that gets to decide that and not, say, [b]me[/b], for instance?[/quote]

Acceptable social behavior is based on morality, a product of culture. It is NOT based on law. Morality cannot be legislated. Likewise it cannot be enforced.
    I decide, based on my cultural upbringing, what behavior is right and what is wrong in the world. I do NOT surrender that obligation to the State.
    The difference between you and I is that I take full responsibility for my behavior even though I did not choose the culture from which it is based. You let the state dictate your behavior and your world view. Whether your blind obedience is out of brainwashing or out of fear doesn’t matter. The result is that you wear mental shackles.

Kwhite1

[quote=”Imxploring”][quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”sprite”]Spoken like a loyal slave[/quote]

[/quote]

History is a beast… it repeats itself over and over again… and only those willing to learn from it truly can see what is right and wrong with this world. But then again… being a sheep now, and back in 1776, was an easy path that many took…. but who was ultimately right and aren’t even YOU enjoying the benefits of those that made the difficult choice rather than the easy one?[/quote]

Imxploring….bravo…excellent post.

I am always amazed at the protesters that bad mouth the military, exercising the very freedom the brave men and women are out defending while being bashed. Point being, most sheepple are hypocrites in the highest degree, they disagree with individuality, independent thinking, supporting yourself, but yet they exercise their right to voice their opinion (don’t look now sheepple, expressing your opinion is a form of independent thinking..ohh noooo!)

Just wait until the government teat is dislodged from the lips of these folks….lets see how fast things unravel when they have to support themselves…..grab some popcorn and get comfy, it’s gonna be a good show!

sprite

I will disparage the military. Soldiers are at the root of evil regardless of whichever uniform they wear. As always, it is an individual decision to kill whether the State orders you to do so or not.
    Costa Rica decided it did not need soldiers. Take that sentiment to its ultimate position and it is obvious that the State is also not needed. Cooperation between people is normal. We don’t need a state. Anti social behavior is the exception. The State and it’s military are the cause for conflict and anti social behavior on great scale.
    You have to decide whether or not you will let others have dominion over you at the point if a gun or not. You don’t make that decision while wearing a uniform.

Kwhite1

[quote=”sprite”]I will disparage the military. Soldiers are at the root of evil regardless of whichever uniform they wear. As always, it is an individual decision to kill whether the State orders you to do so or not.
    Costa Rica decided it did not need soldiers. Take that sentiment to its ultimate position and it is obvious that the State is also not needed. Cooperation between people is normal. We don’t need a state. Anti social behavior is the exception. The State and it’s military are the cause for conflict and anti social behavior on great scale.
    You have to decide whether or not you will let others have dominion over you at the point if a gun or not. You don’t make that decision while wearing a uniform.[/quote]

Sprite…..Think about what you stated there…if Russia or China decided to come to Miami and take it over, by your statement, you would be perfectly fine just rolling over and embracing the newly lost freedoms you once enjoyed? Welcome to rainbow land…where everything is perfect.

Seems there is a military force in CR (maybe Scott has a better explanation?);

Ministry of Public Security’s Public Force[edit]

During 1996, the Ministry of Public Security established the Fuerza Pública or Public Force which reorganized and eliminated the Civil Guard, Rural Assistance Guard, and Frontier Guards as separate entities, they are now under the Ministry and operate on a geographic command basis performing ground security, law enforcement, counter-narcotics, and border patrol functions.

Outside the Fuerza Pública, there is a small Special Forces Unit, [b]the Unidad Especial de Intervencion (UEI) or Special Intervention Unit, which trains with special forces of Israel, and its namesake in Spain and other democratic nations, but is not part of the main police forces. Instead it is part of the Intelligence and Security Directorate (DIS) which reports directly to the Minister of the Presidency. In case of war in Costa Rica, the United States has offered their military to use at Costa Rica’s disposal.

Weapons and equipment[edit]

Rifles:
    M16 rifle 5.56×45mm NATO
    M4 carbine 5.56×45mm NATO
    M14 rifle 7.62×51 NATO
    Galil ARMR 5.56×45mm NATO
    IMI Tavor TAR-21 5.56x45mm NATO
    FN FAL 7.62×51 NATO
    SVD 7.62x54mmR
    FN FNC 90-00 5.56x45mm NATO
    Remington Model 700PPS 7.62x51mm NATO

Shotguns:
    Benelli M1 Super 9018.5x76mm 12 gauge

Sub-Machine Guns:
    Heckler & Koch MP5 9x19mm Parabellum
    Beretta Model 38 9x19mm Parabellum
    Uzi Mini-Uzi 9×19mm Parabellum

General Purpose Machine Gun:
    M60 7.62×51 NATO
    IMI Negev 5.56mm NATO

Pistols:
    SIG Sauer P226 9x19mm Parabellum
    Smith & Wesson Model 5906 9x19mm Parabellum
    Smith & Wesson Model 10 .38 Special (9x29mm)
    M1911 .45 ACP
    Beretta M9 9×19mm Parabellum
    Jericho 941 9×19mm Parabellum

Grenade Launchers:
    Colt M203 40mm Grenade
    Colt M79 40mm Grenade
    Model 2012Z

Military Trucks:
    Mercedes Benz Unimog U-4000U-5000
    AM General Humvee

Other equipment:
    Personnel Armor System for Ground Troops
    Night vision devices
    Global Positioning System

Aircraft inventory[edit]

There are 11 aircraft on government support, law enforcement, and civil duties.

Aircraft

Type

Versions

In service[2]

Notes

Aero Commander utility transport 695 1
    Cessna 206 utility 206G 2
    Cessna 207 utility 1
    de Havilland Canada DHC-4 Caribou tactical transport 1
    MD Helicopters MD 500 utility helicopter MD 500E 2
    MD Helicopters MD 600 utility helicopter MD 600 2
    Piper PA-31 Navajo utility 3
    Piper PA-34 Seneca utility PA-34-200T 1

davidd

Sprite

I agree with most of what you say but sometimes you go over the edge.. with theory.. you made past comments on points that in theory would be wonderful.. and we should all get along

and in a make believe world I agree.. BUT I live in the real world

and [b]having a miitary is essential..[/b]

the world is an ugly place my friend.. and many times you have to choose between the lesser evils

in fact

one of my concerns here in Costa rica is the buildup of relationships with Nicaragua and Russia

when the shit hits the fan.. the U.S. will be investing all of their resources managing their own problems.. hence leaving costa rica vulnerable to Nicaragua

IMO I bet that guy ortega would love to take back guanacaste or even better take over costa rica as their own..

I wonder what would happen if costa rica was not under the umbrella of the U.S. with regards to our vecino

having the help of russia will give them much more confidence..

I can see where the line between make believe or extreme points of views can blur the line to some of your ideas..

I personally and I hope I do not offend anyone here.. BUT I HATE VIOLENCE.. but I also carry a weapon for defense.

[quote=”sprite”]I will disparage the military. Soldiers are at the root of evil regardless of whichever uniform they wear. As always, it is an individual decision to kill whether the State orders you to do so or not.
    You have to decide whether or not you will let others have dominion over you at the point if a gun or not. You don’t make that decision while wearing a uniform.[/quote]

VictoriaLST

A sci fi writer said something like: Put not your faith in princes; since they don’t produce, they always steal.

Gas tax pays for highways? Nah – they raided that.
    SS tax pays for retirement income? Nah – they raided that.

What else have they raided?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.