A Couple of Interesting Changes (Again)

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum A Couple of Interesting Changes (Again)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    aguirrewar

[quote=”Disabled Veteran”]In terms of the TSA. Adding insult to injury, we are inspected by minimum wage, low educated federal employees; and, several have been arrested for stealing from passenger luggage. Not to mention, several have been fired for sexual misconduct on the job.[/quote]

EXCUSE ME. “DV” the people at Wal Mart with a minimum wage, low education RESENT you comparing them with the TSA slugs.

I wonder what the qualifications are to be employed by the TSA; STUPID, RETARDED, SLOW.

I have never had a hard time in the SJO terminal but coming back to TPA it was a nightmare and this happened in 2010.

“Sir” would you come with me please.

Yes indeed but why?? I answered

“WE” need to ask you some question.

and here the fun started

“WHY” are you traveling to and from CR??

because my wife was born and raised in CR and we have property over there

“IS” she a legal in the US

nah, she has a Green card from the Department of State

“ARE” you a legal US citizen

got my wallet and produced 3 ID’s, one from the the US Army (retired) another from the US Post Office and my Florida drivers license

“He” looks at all 3 items one by one and say’s SORRY

I wispered in a slow voice; “You are a Jerk”

“this” guy is a supervisor and 40 years old and this is not his first RODEO. He walked away and I walked away the other way from STUPIDITY.

You go through Pat downs, ID check, X rays, Sniff machines that cost millions of $$ and you also have to deal with an Idiot making $50,000 a year??

johnr

[quote=”twinzor1″]Sure. 4 times to be exact, and now they recognize me. The taller guy is named Hernan! Both real young. They generally look for solo travelers, especially young guys. They’re actually pretty cool, and downright personable compared to US Customs in Miami. I’m back and forth at least once each month through LIR, so i carry just a small backpack. Not good in MIA (though never once a problem in ATL or HOU.) You might be annoyed, but this is the manual version of the stuff going on in all US airports. Much rather be asked a couple of questions (gives me a chance to practice my Spanish) than a retinaFRS that awaits me when i get home. Gotta be a wise-guy and ask – did you think it iswas okay to take a lighter onto a US bound plane? (and the fact that you may have done it before doesn’t count as an answer :)[/quote]

Well good to know – I’ll remember the name Hernan. Well back in the day yes they did snag lighters all the time – they haven’t the last few times so when they did it again I thought it was odd and that’s why I put up a small argument.

I’ll check the link Scott – thanks.

This was Liberia and the new terminal is looking great!

aguirrewar

this part does no belong to what I wrote

“Tico Security is far nicer than USA Customs. I have had Customs in Dallas Scream at me that it didn’t matter to him one G****** bit that i was using a wheel chair! You are G****** smuggler! After they were letting me go, the jerk tried to keep my dr.lic.. He eventually threw it at me.
    Don’t let them make you mad. That is what they want. Get you mad and yelling and then they jerk you from your flight and mess with you more.”

Versatile

[quote=”aguirrewar”]this part does no belong to what I wrote

“Tico Security is far nicer than USA Customs. I have had Customs in Dallas Scream at me that it didn’t matter to him one G****** bit that i was using a wheel chair! You are G****** smuggler! After they were letting me go, the jerk tried to keep my dr.lic.. He eventually threw it at me.
    Don’t let them make you mad. That is what they want. Get you mad and yelling and then they jerk you from your flight and mess with you more.”[/quote]

I wrote that.

Brillson

[quote=”aguirrewar”]this part does no belong to what I wrote

Don’t let them make you mad. That is what they want. Get you mad and yelling and then they jerk you from your flight and mess with you more.”[/quote]

Ah, this is even better than the good old days, when you could luck out by being accosted by the SchutzStaffel (SS), SchutzAbteiling (SA) or even the Gestapo!

rward

[quote=”Brillson”][quote=”aguirrewar”]this part does no belong to what I wrote

Ah, this is even better than the good old days, when you could luck out by being accosted by the SchutzStaffel (SS), SchutzAbteiling (SA) or even the Gestapo![/quote]

You sir should choose your words more carefully! As an American I am offended by your comparison. My father served in WWII and was lucky to make it home. He knew many good men that didn’t. While I don’t like TSA at all, your Nazi reference is over the top. I did not agree with Vietnam or Iraq but I have a tremendous amount of respect for those who served. I don’t know where you are from, but were it not for the brave men and women in WWII many of us would not be here and the dynamics of the world may be different. I know some Brits on this forum and I’m sure you know what the Nazis did to England.

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED BY SCOTT OLIVER TO REMOVE OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE WHICH SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN INCLUDED

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

maravilla

gee whiz, don’t get so hot under the collar. i watched a 3 hour documentary on the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich last night, and the entire time I kept thinking of the parallels of how the Nazis rose to power with fear and intimidation and how some agencies in the US engage in similar tactics. any serious student of history couldn’t help but make the leap that the TSA, DHS, CIA, FBI, ATM have similar tactics. okay, so they aren’t marching you off to one of the hundreds of concentration camps. . . not yet anyway. and before you jump all over me, i have family members who were in those camps and died there, but that doesn’t stop me from seeing and commenting on the obvious. oh, and before you glorify our troops who fought in WWII, there was plenty of raping and murdering of innocent men, women, and children by our soldiers. I’ve had a run-in or two with TSA — one guy was particularly nasty after i told him i wouldn’t get in the puffer machine, and he immediately shouted to another TSA agent to come quickly because “special treatment” was required. I replied, “Special treatmet is what the Nazis gave the Jews!” you should’ve seem the look on his face!!

rward

[quote=”maravilla”]gee whiz, don’t get so hot under the collar. i watched a 3 hour documentary on the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich last night, and the entire time I kept thinking of the parallels of how the Nazis rose to power with fear and intimidation and how some agencies in the US engage in similar tactics. any serious student of history couldn’t help but make the leap that the TSA, DHS, CIA, FBI, ATM have similar tactics. okay, so they aren’t marching you off to one of the hundreds of concentration camps. . . not yet anyway. and before you jump all over me, i have family members who were in those camps and died there, but that doesn’t stop me from seeing and commenting on the obvious. oh, and before you glorify our troops who fought in WWII, there was plenty of raping and murdering of innocent men, women, and children by our soldiers. I’ve had a run-in or two with TSA — one guy was particularly nasty after i told him i wouldn’t get in the puffer machine, and he immediately shouted to another TSA agent to come quickly because “special treatment” was required. I replied, “Special treatmet is what the Nazis gave the Jews!” you should’ve seem the look on his face!![/quote]

I kind of expected you to weigh in Maravilla as you post your know-all opinion on everything. You say you had family that died in the camps. I doubt that. Our troops liberated those people. My Dad was one of those troops. Are you calling my Dad a rapist and murderer? Name your relatives and what camp they were in so I can research them in the directory. Go ahead do it. BTW I’ve read in these forums you wrote a book and some articles. Would you please post a link to the book and articles. Go ahead I’ll buy the book. Do it. Prove it. You won’t because you can’t !! So I’m calling you out. I’m sick of your eliteist putrid crap. DO it! SO go back to your treehouse and do your yoga. Do it! Back it up. I’m sure you’ll post some vial comeback but I’ll not respond. If you want a response PM me. Go ahead and flame. Fact is your words are hollow. I implore you to post your relatives information and your writings. Do it! Prove it! The same thing Scott deleted I say to you…

Andrew
    Keymaster

1. I have actually read the book authored by Maravilla so I KNOW she’s written one at least …

2. You can find many interesting articles about the similarities between Nazi Germany and the current situation in the U.S. For example:

America 2011 Is Germany 1939. [ http://www.hermes-press.com/germany1930.htm ]

Nazi Germany Vs. the United States [ http://welcometoafreeworld.blogspot.com/2010/07/nazi-germany-vs-united-states.html ]

3. As far “liberating” people in Germany after WWII. That would depend on which history books you read and we must remember that history is always written by the victors, right?

So it isn’t always the truth…

If you are reading the mainstream BS then you’ll think that the US (as always :x) are the saviours but, if you dig deeper and read other books like:

1. Gruesome harvest – The Costly Attempt to Exterminate the People of Germany
    2. A Terrible Revenge – The Ethnic Cleansing of the East European Germans
    3. An Eye For An Eye – The Story of the Jews Who Sought Revenge For The Holocaust.

All of these horrific books are in my office here, you’ll know that AFTER the war ended, MILLIONS of German CIVILIANS were deliberately murdered…

To give you a crystal clear idea of what these books are referring to, in the introduction to Gruesome Harvest, you can read:

“Gruesome Harvest has the honor of being the first book that tried to blast the conspiracy of silence which the victors clamped on the greatest atrocity in European history: the expulsion and total robbery and partial rape and murder of fifteen million Oder-Neisse and Sudeten germans.”

Lastly, I would like to politely suggest rward that you tone down your rhetoric a little, you can use different, slight less venomous language and still make your point.

Scott Oliver

rward

[quote=”Scott”]1. I have actually read the book authored by Maravilla so I KNOW she’s written one at least …

2. You can find many interesting articles about the similarities between Nazi Germany and the current situation in the U.S. For example:

America 2011 Is Germany 1939. [ http://www.hermes-press.com/germany1930.htm ]

Nazi Germany Vs. the United States [ http://welcometoafreeworld.blogspot.com/2010/07/nazi-germany-vs-united-states.html ]

3. As far “liberating” people in Germany after WWII. That would depend on which history books you read and we must remember that history is always written by the victors, right?

So it isn’t always the truth…

If you are reading the mainstream BS then you’ll think that the US (as always :x) are the saviours but, if you dig deeper and read other books like:

1. Gruesome harvest – The Costly Attempt to Exterminate the People of Germany
    2. A Terrible Revenge – The Ethnic Cleansing of the East European Germans
    3. An Eye For An Eye – The Story of the Jews Who Sought Revenge For The Holocaust.

All of these horrific books are in my office here, you’ll know that AFTER the war ended, MILLIONS of German CIVILIANS were deliberately murdered…

To give you a crystal clear idea of what these books are referring to, in the introduction to Gruesome Harvest, you can read:

“Gruesome Harvest has the honor of being the first book that tried to blast the conspiracy of silence which the victors clamped on the greatest atrocity in European history: the expulsion and total robbery and partial rape and murder of fifteen million Oder-Neisse and Sudeten germans.”

Lastly, I would like to politely suggest rward that you tone down your rhetoric a little, you can use different, slight less venomous language and still make your point.

Scott Oliver[/quote]

I DON’T HAVE TO READ BOOKS. MY DAD TOLD ME THE STORIES FIRST HAND. HE HAD NIGHTMARES THE REST OF HIS LIFE. I’LL JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT. SURELY YOU DON’T REFER TO MY DAD AS A RAPIST AND MURDERER DO YOU? YOU SAY I SHOULD CALM DOWN. THAT WAS CALM. YOU DON’T WANT TO SEE MAD. THIS PARTICULAR SUBJECT IS THE HOTTEST OF MY HOT BUTTONS AND IT WAS PUSHED HERE TODAY. YOU EDIT MY POST AND TELL ME TO NOT USE VENOMOUS LANGUAGE. WHAT ABOUT THE VENOMOUS LANGUAGE I’VE BEEN SUBJECTED TO? DID YOU POST TO HER? ARE YOU OBJECTIVE? YOU AND I HAD A RUN IN ONCE BEFORE AND WE SETTLED IT. LET’S NOT GO THERE AGAIN. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING ELSE PM ME.

Brillson

[quote=”rward”][quote=”Brillson”][quote=”aguirrewar”]this part does no belong to what I wrote

Ah, this is even better than the good old days, when you could luck out by being accosted by the SchutzStaffel (SS), SchutzAbteiling (SA) or even the Gestapo![/quote]

You sir should choose your words more carefully! As an American I am offended by your comparison. My father served in WWII and was lucky to make it home. He knew many good men that didn’t. While I don’t like TSA at all, your Nazi reference is over the top. I did not agree with Vietnam or Iraq but I have a tremendous amount of respect for those who served. I don’t know where you are from, but were it not for the brave men and women in WWII many of us would not be here and the dynamics of the world may be different. I know some Brits on this forum and I’m sure you know what the Nazis did to England.

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED BY SCOTT OLIVER TO REMOVE OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE WHICH SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN INCLUDED

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:[/quote]

You, “sir” are indeed part of the problem, as those ignorant enough and failing to see our once great country bounding down that slippery slope of an utter police state. My comparison to the VATERLAND, while stretched, is well-intentioned as a warning. And your “deeply reflected” response is to urge concerned folks to keep their mouths shut about it. Unfortunately, the comparison meets quite a number of “check box” criteria. Be aware, I say. Be alert, lest when they come for you, despite protests of loyalty and patriotism you are searched, interrogated, hauled off, incarcerated, maybe tortured–for “national security.” Thank you I’ll keep my mouth fully engaged whilst I can, no expletives needed.

Brillson

[quote=”maravilla”]gee whiz, don’t get so hot under the collar. i watched a 3 hour documentary on the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich last night, and the entire time I kept thinking of the parallels of how the Nazis rose to power with fear and intimidation and how some agencies in the US engage in similar tactics. any serious student of history couldn’t help but make the leap that the TSA, DHS, CIA, FBI, ATM have similar tactics. okay, so they aren’t marching you off to one of the hundreds of concentration camps. . . not yet anyway. and before you jump all over me, i have family members who were in those camps and died there, but that doesn’t stop me from seeing and commenting on the obvious. oh, and before you glorify our troops who fought in WWII, there was plenty of raping and murdering of innocent men, women, and children by our soldiers. I’ve had a run-in or two with TSA — one guy was particularly nasty after i told him i wouldn’t get in the puffer machine, and he immediately shouted to another TSA agent to come quickly because “special treatment” was required. I replied, “Special treatmet is what the Nazis gave the Jews!” you should’ve seem the look on his face!![/quote]

Brava Maravilla! Don’t bother making any “vial” [sic] elitist come-back. This guy does just fine on his own!

Andrew
    Keymaster

I’m certainly not saying your father was a rapist or a murderer and I’m genuinely delighted you consider your father an authority on the entire world war Mr. Ward but, Maravilla is not using phrases like: “I’m sick of your eliteist putrid crap” and asking you to “go back to your treehouse and do your yoga” in her discussion threads with you…

Maravilla hasn’t used the F word either so as far as I can see, she’s used no venomous language at all …

So…

YOU CAN EITHER PLAY NICELY OR GO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE, OK RWARD?

maravilla

gee, rward, if ever someone had a know it all attitude, i’d say it was you. your father was in the war, not YOU! and he didn’t liberate ALL the people in the concentration camps, because when the allies arrived at dachau there were dead bodies piled up everywhere. the allies did do the right thing by forcing the inhabitants of dachau to come in and view the destruction to humanity that was wrought because they ignored what was happening in that camp even though they lived right next door. my husband’s two uncles were in Matthausen. . they didn’t make it out after being used as slave labor for IG Farben. we have their death certificates that state as much and yes, i have authored a novel that deals with the rise of the Fourth Reich, and yes, i write for several magazines, but i don’t need any more fans, thank you very much. and when it comes to the Third Reich, i’ve probably read at least 100 or more books that deal with that phenomena, and i’ve watched probably as many hours of documentaries. so, yeah, i know quite a bit about the topic. and your point was?

rward

[quote=”Scott”]I’m certainly not saying your father was a rapist or a murderer and I’m genuinely delighted you consider your father an authority on the entire world war Mr. Ward but, Maravilla is not using phrases like: “I’m sick of your eliteist putrid crap” and asking you to “go back to your treehouse and do your yoga” in her discussion threads with you…

Maravilla hasn’t used the F word either so as far as I can see, she’s used no venomous language at all …

So…

YOU CAN EITHER PLAY NICELY OR GO PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE, OK RWARD?[/quote]

[i]You know Scott that is the most intelligent thing I’ve ever heard you say, that I leave. I am leaving. I asked you to PM me but your not man enough to do that are you. DO you really know what people say about you outside your little forum? You have to be the most narcisistic self-endulged self-enamored jerk I have ever met. You say you don’t profit from real estate you promote. You are an unabashed liar. I’ve read old posts when people have called you out on your real estate denials that you don’t receive kickbacks. When they press you you just fade away and never answer their valid question. Truth is you have your hands in everyones pocket. No Scott you are a charleton and your bubble will burst one day. Many members feel that way but don’t post it. SO to you Scottie
    I’ll say [b]GFY[/b] !!!! I’m sure you’ll think it’s the best you ever had. Oh Maravilla [b]GFY[/b]. I’m sure it will be the first man you’ve ever had..

So having said that I’ll go the way Costafinca did yesterday and just say good luck. Maybe someday you’ll reach down, summon the courage and challenge Mr. Scott Oliver. Adios…[/i]

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.