Worldwide Land Investment of CR

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Worldwide Land Investment of CR

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    koty

I was trying to find your posting regarding Columbus Heights. Did not know how to email you directly. I have some questions. Could you email me at jrknee@centurytel.net/

Koty

debbiesurfs

Want to know more about the people that founded the company behind the Columbus Heights development? Charles Hoffecker and Paul Ivankowski

Looks good eh? Makes you want to sell everything you own and invest all your money and the kid’s college fund with them…. If you are completely brain dead.

apexit

Yes if you look back Scott let people jump all opver Paragon also. When I tried to put it up again he became very defensive with me. He probably is protecting the board against suit, however a lawsuit in Costa Rica I have heard moves like a snail in the justice system. You have heard the phrase? “If it smells like a pig , looks like a pig and acts like a pig. It probably is a pig.”

*Lotus

Koty,

Yes I did buy a 1.2 acre parcel from Wellington in the Columbus Heights development. I will not try and explain/defend/dispute the posts of Debbiesurfs, they are what they are. I wanted to be in the playa hermosa area only and prices have gone through the roof and my funds were very limited. I met with Facio (there attorneys) who are well respected, as well as spoke with everyone else involved and walked the property. I was also able to speak with the farmer who sold them the land(I know his cousin, a hotel owner in Hermosa). I also went to Wellingtons offices in San Jose and met/spoke with Paul, Stalpes and sales director Danny Yepes. Based on all this I took the plunge and reserved my lot. According to a detailed letter from Facio I will be closing in December. Up to this point they have done everything they are supposed to and heavy equipment is on the land and they have started the process of building out the infrastructure.
    Remember they are only selling lots with roads,water and electric not building homes. If I had 100k to purchase with; yes I would have bought in one of the completed developments however I didn’t, and I wanted a bit of property anyone who knows the area will tell you if you can find a lot they run about $50-$75k for 500 to 700M2. So all this said i’m a big boy and I went in with eyes wide open prepared to take my losses if this was a “scam”, A year ago no one thought they would have gotten this far. As far as the moral aspect of doing business with Paul(the other guy I have never heard of?) yes I had some issues with this, but hey I have a lot of issues with U.S. government policy and Exxon but still pay taxes and buy gas. In the end I simply analyzed the project and made my decision based on that research. I know Scott will never agree with anything I have just written and neither will a lot of others and I don’t want to get into a Paragon thread situation here. I have made some good investments and bad in my life and I always took responsibility for my decisions.

apexit

Scott
    Look at what happened to this thread. If I would have looked up the subject first I would have been discouraged and following the rules not posted at all. This turned in to a nice healthy post; a contribution to your board.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Lotus – I actually agree entirely with what you have written. You summed it up perfectly when you said “I have made some good investments and bad in my life and I always took responsibility for my decisions.”

That’s all we ask of people, to do their homework on any project, to evaluate the risks involved very carefully and make the decision that’s best for them.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

apexit

Koty
    I agree sometimes you just have to go with it. I started this post and you can see Scott made a polite comment but if I would have followed the rules we wouldn’t have gotten this far. You are in a nice area.
    Stan

Lindy

I think we need to keep in mind that even the people running the many “forums” on Costa Rica are all trying to sell something!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Whether they appreciate it or not ‘everybody’ is selling ‘something’ whether it’s themselves as a potential husband or wife or, a product or service as part of their profession.

However, wouldn’t you agree that there is a BIG difference between someone that sells something with ‘honesty’ and ‘integrity’ that is genuinely and obviously beneficial to the buyer in comparison with someone that is selling something that is highly dubious, often difficult to verify and comprehend, sometimes legally questionable and that is only apparently beneficial to the seller?

And what exactly do you sell in your life Lindy?

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.