Worldwide Land Investment of CR

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Worldwide Land Investment of CR

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    apexit

Anyone know any thing about Worldwide Land Invetment of Costa Rica S.A., properties near Manzanillo?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Please use the search facility provide and search for “Worldwide Land Investment” and you will find some postings.

This is one of a handful of companies that have been mentioned in many discussion forums in Costa Rica because of their ‘unusual’ business practises and although there have been many questions asked, I have not personally seen any convincing answers.

As always PLEASE DO EXTENSIVE HOMEWORK on any project that tries to sell you land and PLEASE DO NOT buy anything without seeing it first and PLEASE HAVE YOUR OWN ATTORNEY (never the seller’s attornmey) do all the usual title checks that are absolutely essential in proving that you will actually be buying the land from someone who is legally allowed to sell it to you.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

apexit

Scott Before you jump the gun, why do’t you try the search yourself
    NOTHING comes up! I put it in 18 different ways of sideways and NOTHING came up! Yes this is your board and you can make whatever rules you want. So what are you saying because it was discussed 18 months ago one can never bring it up? What about an update?
    So if I want to discuss building in Costa Rica? I can’t because it was aleady discussed. Or getting married to a Tica?
    You removed my question about Paragon. You said it was leading. Although there was plenty of history on them where you more than just questioned their business practices. You were much stronger back then.
    My point being people’s ideas change. I know you are from England and they still drive on the wrong side of the road. That doesn’t make it right! Just a joke. You should encourage discussion..
    Whatever. I ordered you $79.00 book package about a month ago. Still haven’t received it.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I did actually do a search before I posted that and half a dozen items came up, now I tried it again and nothing came up – very strange…. Sorry about that!

I had no idea that you had not received your order and will email you separately about that…

Sorry but I have not heard any new ‘news’ about this company.

Scott Oliver

PS. We do still drive on the wrong side of the road in the UK, you’re right! Unfortunately we also support the wrong US Presidents too. Just a joke:-)

apexit

This is for another board. So I would like to give the guy some info.
    Stan

Andrew
    Keymaster

Ploease note that the following comment is not meant to be specifically about Worldwide Land Investments.

Just so you know, many people that have posted ‘negative’ comments in different discussion forums have been threatened with a variety of legal ‘consequences’ by different companies and their attorneys in Costa Rica so some people are hesitant to post negative opinions.

To my knowledge this has so far only happened with people that call themselves “developers” from the USA and not with any of the Costa Rica developers that I know of…

Scott Oliver

genn789

Have a look at http://www.wliofcr.com for properties near manzanillo.

Good luck…………

Bart.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Worldwide Land Investments may be mentioned on my website and in this Discussion Forum but for the record: Worldwide Land Investments has NEVER been recommended in the past and is NOT being recommended by me – Scott Oliver – Author of ‘How To Buy Costa Rica Real Estate Without Losing Your Camisa.’

Thank you.

*Lotus

What I find annoying about these kind of web advertisements is the lack of any real information. Lots of general stuff etc…but no real information on the product.

debbiesurfs

All of these kinds of companies work using the same hard-selling, boiler room telemarketing program.

1. The advertisements are specifically designed to be general, to sell the dream and to capture your contact information.

2. Someone will then telephone to qualify you further and then probably offer a reference (someone who will be paid to give a good reference).

3. A professional closer (who probably has not been to Costa Rica) will telephone you and try very hard to persuade you to buy property in Costa Rica. No doubt you will be told that you need to to buy it now BEFORE our prices go higher and of course, before you even come visit the land you are considering buying.

When will people wake up?

dkt2u

Hear heat Debbie, I am so sick and tired of people on this forum and the companies that people critisize that threaten to use Costa Ricas libel law to file a complaint against you because you say something they disagree with. I have had the threat several times myself by people that are some of the biggest hypocrits I have come across in my life time. It only speaks to the lack of credibility and real knowledge of those making the threats. They would fit right in with the brown shirts in Nazi Germany in the 30’s. Prosecute, sue, etc. anyone that disagrees with you. If a company is not willing to show you anything other than a satellite picture from 230 miles up of what their property is, I would not buy anything from them and would not recommend anyone buy anything from them either. So sue me. I dare you!

debbiesurfs

Right on

Don’t know what has happend to Scott on these boys, he used to jump all over people like this. I guess it boils down to kids and matches.

You can warn a child a million times not to play with matches but if he insists, even after all those warnings, the child will get burned.

*Lotus

I think dkt2 has it right, just don’t buy…why or how could you with so little information. Or take the time to investigate and make an intelligent decision based on doing your due diligence. I like the fact that Scott is leaving his “opinion” out unless he has some hard evidence against the advertiser/developer. If you want to play it safe buy what he is recommending as he has thoroughly researched these company’s.

maravilla

I got one of those threatening letters. It sounded as if it had been written by Tony Soprano’s lawyers. The only thing they didn’t threaten me with was breaking my kneecaps. I sent their letter to my daughter who is a high-powered lawyer so she suggested that I tell them if they ever threatened me again we would countersue for intentional infliction of emotional harm, intimidation, libel, and a long laundry list of other offenses. Needless to say, I never heard another word from them. Some of these companies can be quite the bullies if they think you are just some poor bloke who doesn’t know the ropes. They threatened the wrong gal, that’s for sure.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Strangely enough, I have more respect for Tony Soprano… At least he doesn’t pretend he’s honest.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.