When do we run?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum When do we run?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    scottbenson

“Only a broad, enlightened population could ever have done that. That population has not existed for at least several decades.”

Yes this is true that population died with the bell bottom pants and heavy drugs from the 70s. That population became what they didn’t want to be corporate Americans.

The world is ending! So move to paradise (Costa Rica) and grab a joint and enjoy.

Imxploring
    Participant

Come now Sprite… can you really believe that Americans are going to stand for our own troops taking over?

First off, the US military is spread much too thin at the moment to make ANY real effort to address anything more than very localized civil unrest in the US. I doubt the US military could even muster enough manpower and equipment to take control of NY City. And that leaves a BUNCH of the US to cover!

Second, per person the US has some of the highest ownership of guns in the world. Do you really believe that todays volunteer Army member is going to take on a mission on US citizens at home that has fellow Americans shooting back? They don’t want to be in the countries we are now spreading freedom.

Be it a legal or a logistics issue… it’s not something that’s a concern.

And finally… once again… with all the folks here that hated W so much and wanted the change Mr. O was spouting… is it really an issue at all??

Edited on Dec 30, 2008 22:31

I remember seeing a Documentary on TV years ago that showed the then current Military rounding up Veterans that were protesting at Washingtons “National Mall” ( hope that is right) when the US Government would not pay the Veterans what was promised them.
    I remember my Dad commenting that he could not believe that this had happened since it was Military guys that were rounding up Previous Military guys without a problem.
    Maybe that had a problem with it, but had to follow orders.
    I’m sure some, it not all, were thinking that this could be me in a few years.
    I said that to say this, If the Military will round up there own lineage, Veterans, then what makes you think that it could not happen to the common man.

sprite

It is too difficult to find out the truth and this alone engenders mistrust. The internet is flooded with conspiracy theory websites. Just google “REX-84” or “FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMPS” and you will fall into a rabbit hole where you will find a confusing array of conspiracies and supposed facts to back up the theories.

All I can do is fall back on what I knew to be fact before the internet exploded opinions and information onto the scene and before the U.S. press was contaminated by corporate interests. Those facts support the point that our government is quite capable of jailing and otherwise persecuting citizens for very unconstitutional reasons.

The big question is whether or not immediate action is justified based on fear of government persecution coming to pass again. Do I run away to Costa Rica now…or wait for some future event to convince me? What would that event be? Most Jews in 1939 Germany waited too long.

I am not a libertarian wacko. I believe government is the most useful tool people have at their disposal for improving things. It can also be the most useful tool for enslavement.

*Lotus

It is for the second or third thread response…then it’s anything goes! lol.

moonbanks

Hey sprite why dont you stay in chicago maybe all your liberal buddies will take care of you..

sprite

Moon, I live in Miami surrounded by reactionary, rabidly right wing Cubans. I am pretty darned sure I will be happier in Tico-land.

scottbenson

Well Sprite, I have some bad news for you! If you think that Costa Rica is your paradise it is changing!

In five years from now it won’t look like it is today. This country is changing rapidly and there are many examples such as child seats that are mandatory with huge fines that surpass even the U.S. standards. In one years time since my wife and I have moved to Paraguay we have seen big differences when we arrived for the holidays in Costa Rica. It has become i expensive for property and the cost of living, also more and more gringos are arriving. This is changing the face of Costa Rica.

sprite

Well, there is no surprise there. Change happens everywhere.I was wondering what kind of change the U.S. will experience soon compared to what will happen in Costa Rica and which would be the better place to live.

BIGWOOD

Sprite

(deleted for violation of the “be nice . . no name calling” rule.)

Edited on Feb 03, 2009 11:57

Edited on Feb 03, 2009 11:58

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.