Whats holding you back

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Whats holding you back

Viewing 6 posts - 181 through 186 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    jdocop

post removed so as to avoid any risk of offending forum members.

costaricafinca
    Participant

No, I don’t think you understand.
    For your wife to apply under Rentista status , she will be required to ‘deposit’ in a financial institution, $150,000.00 to cover her expenses five years.
    [b]If[/b] she has her [b]own[/b] pension of [b]at least $1000 per month[/b], she can apply as a Pensionado, independent of your application. In both categories your children, will be covered [b]if under 18[/b] or attending school .

Vmc

[quote=”jdocop”]What does you having a permanent disability income have to do with your wife applying as a Rentista, as CRF tried to point out to you?[/quote]

Of all people John, I am not going to break down my finances with YOU, I guess you’ll just have to trust that I am a lot smarter than I look….mmmmmmk?

Vmc

[quote=”costaricafinca”]No, I don’t think you understand.
    For your wife to apply under Rentista status , she will be required to ‘deposit’ in a financial institution, $150,000.00 to cover her expenses five years.
    [b]If[/b] she has her [b]own[/b] pension of [b]at least $1000 per month[/b], she can apply as a Pensionado, independent of your application. In both categories your children, will be covered [b]if under 18[/b] or attending school .[/quote]

YES, I understand this and am well aware of the requirements……..I’ve got it covered, we’ll apply in the proper manner, but thank you for pointing this out to us and looking out for us this way……We’ll do it right.

waggoner41

[quote=”tomstew1″]the only thing that turns me off is all of the theft issues. While my home is being remodeled I am actually PAYING a local family to live there; otherwise I wouldn’t have anything left.
    TS[/quote]
    I keep hearing about this theft issue but I haven’t seen it.

I have stated in several responses that we live without bars and gates and experienced theft of some very cheap items when we first moved in but nothing since.

Our situation is somewhat different from most.
    1 – We have a Tico family of nine living with us. The kids attand the local school and the mother is involved in their education. The locals have become familiar with who we are and, it seems, are protective of us.
    2 – Shortly after moving in we started helping with the problem of dogs having to fend for themselves. We have four here currently and they are a great alert system when strangers are around. We try to find good homes for them but we will probably always have at least two around and Ticos are scared as hell of dogs.

waggoner41

[quote=”Jeanne”]What is holding me back is the fact that I do not speak the language…. but I am not willing to give up the ease of living in the States. I am uneasy when in a crowd of people and not understanding the language around me….In reading this forum, many bring the same wants from the States wishing to change those around them. I love the Ticos and would not want to change them. The ones I have met have been wonderful and thankfully spoke English.[/quote]
    We came to visit Costa Rica in September 2006 and were so impressed with the people and the country we ended up signing a purchase contract for our home. We spoke no Spanish. We found that no matter where we went there was someone that would offer to help translate.
    We returned when I retired in December 2007 to live permanently. We still spoke no Spanish but encountered the same situation.
    I am now able to converse and be understood although my Spanish is “muy pobre” and I can kid the locals into admitting they have at least enough English that we can communicate.
    There is one large difference between my wife and I and most Gringos – We have a sense of adventure.

Viewing 6 posts - 181 through 186 (of 186 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.