What is the TRUTH?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum What is the TRUTH?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    davidd

[quote=”2bncr”]I think this post has to do with what is the reality of living in CR and what is the fantasy???

You want to sell something – appeal to peoples fantasies of Costa Rica. You want to maintain your personal honesty and actually be of service to other. Tell you personal experience.

The truth is your personal experience. Outside of mathematics, there is no absolute truth. None.

One and one always make two. That is absolute truth.

Everything else is a lighter or darker shade of grey.

As a man or woman you do your best with sincere intentions. if you trample people’s illusions, their higher dreams, you will be demonized, no matter that you are trying to protect them.

They think you are telling them their dream is a lie. Even it it is, its their dream and they protect it viciously.

That is why the guy was ate by the lion.

His dream, his story, was greater than reality (lions are dangerous and you must be cautious (just like Costa Rica).

People do not like you messing with their fantasies.

Great sales people are loved. Why else do you think they can con people into giving them thousands of dollars. They are loved because they speak sweetly and tell you what you want to hear. They play to people sense of rightness, to their ego, their sense of knowing best, their superiority.

Be a straight shooter and tell what they need to hear and you are practically hated. Why, because you made their dream less, inferior.. If someone made the guys dream inferior by saying “watch out for that lion,” he probably would have said, “Your crazy, that lion is not dangerous, look at it! Does that little kitty look dangerous to you?”

So go figure.

It falls into the “no good deed goes unpunished” category.

People don’t want the truth. They want to hear what they want to hear.

You play to that and you make a sale or a con.

You play with a sense of personal honesty you lose money when it comes to telling your experience (truth) to others that are so sold on their own stories of what they want to experience, because your truth violates their hopes, their illusions and you are the bad guy for doing so…

The question of truth is one thing,

The question of who wants to hear it is another.

Yet still there is the question of who deserves to hear the truth.

The more I learn about human nature the less I believe that there are many that deserve the truth.

It’s like casting pearls to swines…

When it comes to Costa Rica, most don’t deserve the truth… Why, because they are not interested in it. You tell them the truth and they dismiss it and go right on believing their comfortable story, there illusions that fits their world.

Why do you think people are continually ripped off here?? They hear what fits their truth and that is all it takes…

Like in the video Scott posted that illustrated it’s in their nature to want to believe their story, at times without investigation or logic applied.

Its like parents that cannot accept that their kid stole candy, Not MY KID! Not my darling story! Its mine, I love it (even if its unture).
    [/quote]

2bncr

you my friend are one of the few awake people on this board.

and you hit it right on the money

thank you

hope you enjoy your holiday and may 2013 be a kick ass year

david

2bncr

Thanks Davidd – egualmente…

Most do not appreciate an accurate mirror. As a matter of fact it infuriates them. When one brings up views that intelligently threaten others “sacred” truths and causes self examination – that person is often not only exiled but despised. Its the nature of the beast, the vanity of the goddess to ever want to feel less than above it all.

Doug Ward

Poor Bill. He probably thinks Detroit is [b]IN[/b] the Unknighted Empire too.:lol:

vache

hmmm…well the truth for me is that this forum is poorly moderated and to have someone post a video of a person being attacked by a lion?
    How exactly does that fit in with the We Love Costa Rica theme?
    At least some of the more hardcore amerigun paranoia threads are less frequent. Just my opinion.

2bncr

The stories people tell themselves about safety have everything to do with Costa Rica. This is a place where truth walks on a long leash if tethered to reality at all!

Its cultural and those that now little of the culture here would not see a post on truth as applicable to Costa Rica.

Once you have been deceived by a deceitful professional then you will see why truth matters and how peoples need to hear what accords with their truth matters, as they fall prey to those without personal honesty.

When others can realize this in print they may be able to realize it in themselves, and know when someone is playing to their sympathies and/or preference at their expense.

vache

I cut my bananas down and hung them from a rope this morning. They should be ripe enough for me to make a few banana cream pies in a few days.
    Have a nice day

2bncr

Chop wood

Haul Water

I like pie.

All kinds

Gluten free???

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”Doug Ward”]Poor Bill. He probably thinks Detroit is [b]IN[/b] the Unknighted Empire too.:lol:[/quote]

Doug – please go back and look at your post!
    “…… at Juan Santameria. For those who don’t know; that’s an airport a little over an hour from Costa Rica.”

That statement was directed by you “for those who don’t know”.

I was simply trying to correct what I perceived to be an unintentional typo on your part, and correctly inform “those who don’t know” that “Juan Santameria” (sic) was in fact [b]in[/b] Costa Rica, not “over an hour [b]from[/b] Costa Rica”.

We all know there is enough confusion about the location of Costa Rica and the confusion over “how do you like living on the island?”, so my effort was simply to let those who don’t know that they can indeed fly into Costa Rica and they don’t have to fly to some neighboring country and then have to travel to Costa Rica via water buffalo with sherpa guides (or worse).

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.