What is the TRUTH?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum What is the TRUTH?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    davidd

I still find myself so many times with views so different that many people that visit this board and I amjust at a loss of words

why???

I mean

it’s not that I want these things to be true.

I just try to see things the way they are and get to the truth so I can adjust my sails as we navigate through this complicated labyrinth.

truth is truth.. forget the sugar coating of things just let me know the truth.

when I ponder this thought it always brings me back to this youtube video

CAUTION GRAPHIC

http://youtu.be/g_6F3VN4As0

of this guy in a national park.. and was with his family taking pictures of a lion pride..the lion pride looked beautifully graceful, playful at the same time and cute and tame

so much so that it gave the person a false sense of security.

that he got out of his car to get some closer footage

and in that moment

truth soon engulfed him as the pride attacked and killed and ate him in front of his family.

so I continue my quest

like cain in the old TV series

Kung Fu

always searching for the truth.

VictoriaLST

There is no one ‘truth’.

Reality lies in fact, not ‘truth’.

Andrew
    Keymaster
    maravilla

here’s the truth: the guy who got eaten by lions was an idiot!!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

He certainly made a very stupid decision and he paid the ultimate price for that …

My immediate reaction was the horror of his family as they watched their father being mauled to death.

PS. But does this have to do with Costa Rica though? 😆

VictoriaLST

What has it to do with CR?

We have Big Cats. Don’t play with them.

davidd

[quote=”Scott”]He certainly made a very stupid decision and he paid the ultimate price for that …

My immediate reaction was the horror of his family as they watched their father being mauled to death.

PS. But does this have to do with Costa Rica though? :lol:[/quote]

Scott

it was horrific I know it was a bit extreme.

but my point is his perception of reality regarding the situation was so out of whack.. it caused him his death.

this is how most people are in the U.S regarding how they perceive the current situation in the U.S. . .. they are so ingrained with soundbites and misinformation propaganda..

they think all is well when its NOT. it’s like common sense has left the building in most cases.

here is a less intense article that gives another example.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/state_region/article_5c1bc7ae-4390-11e2-ab05-001a4bcf6878.html

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/12/12/why_should_anyone_have_to_pay_for_food

camby

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]There is no one ‘truth’..[/quote]

well, you wont here this on the controlled media of Clear Channel/Limbaugh, but yes, there is a Truth, one and only, we celebrate his birthday officially on 12/25. one savior……one truth

Lotus123

Maybe your perception of truth is wrong. But it is very difficult for people to accept this; they think they are their story. They would rather think “I” am on the right path and everyone else is wrong. Even the man that was eaten, was it wrong? No need to label everything as truth or untruth. Just look deeply.

Doug Ward

[quote=”Scott”]He certainly made a very stupid decision and he paid the ultimate price for that …

Well. It’s reminiscent of the taxistas when exiting arrivals with luggage at Juan Santameria. For those who don’t know; that’s an airport a little over an hour from Costa Rica.:wink:

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”Doug Ward”][quote=”Scott”]He certainly made a very stupid decision and he paid the ultimate price for that …

Well. It’s reminiscent of the taxistas when exiting arrivals with luggage at Juan Santameria. For those who don’t know; that’s an airport a little over an hour from Costa Rica.:wink:[/quote]

Actually, it is an airport [b][u]IN[/u][/b] Costa Rica, near the capital city of San Jose, and it can take an hour more or less to drive there from downtown San Jose, depending on the traffic – – – I think that is what Doug Ward meant to say, notwithstanding his comparison of killer lions in Africa to CR taxi drivers trying to make a living …..
    I’ve done it in 25 minutes (myself & in taxis), and other times it took almost 2 hours!

camby

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]What has it to do with CR?

We have Big Cats. Don’t play with them.[/quote]

well put, look, listen and move on, avoid sticking limbs, or bodies, in a cage/area……
    or moving about in the wild w/o a guide or some education first. We have cats in our mountains, rarely see one, esp up close, but they are there….walk with a purpose, pay attention and a good gun/stick,etc might be handy…..

camby

[quote=”Lotus123″]Maybe your perception of truth is wrong. But it is very difficult for people to accept this; they think they are their story. They would rather think “I” am on the right path and everyone else is wrong. Even the man that was eaten, was it wrong? No need to label everything as truth or untruth. Just look deeply.[/quote]

true, labels not always fit-I am a contradiction to many. Truth-someone, not something….

VictoriaLST

[quote=”camby”][quote=”VictoriaLST”]There is no one ‘truth’..[/quote]

well, you wont here this on the controlled media of Clear Channel/Limbaugh, but yes, there is a Truth, one and only, we celebrate his birthday officially on 12/25. one savior……one truth[/quote]

Biblical truth?? Read “The Book of Mary” and the rest of the documents that a group of old men banned from their official book.

2bncr

I think this post has to do with what is the reality of living in CR and what is the fantasy???

You want to sell something – appeal to peoples fantasies of Costa Rica. You want to maintain your personal honesty and actually be of service to other. Tell you personal experience.

The truth is your personal experience. Outside of mathematics, there is no absolute truth. None.

One and one always make two. That is absolute truth.

Everything else is a lighter or darker shade of grey.

As a man or woman you do your best with sincere intentions. if you trample people’s illusions, their higher dreams, you will be demonized, no matter that you are trying to protect them.

They think you are telling them their dream is a lie. Even it it is, its their dream and they protect it viciously.

That is why the guy was ate by the lion.

His dream, his story, was greater than reality (lions are dangerous and you must be cautious (just like Costa Rica).

People do not like you messing with their fantasies.

Great sales people are loved. Why else do you think they can con people into giving them thousands of dollars. They are loved because they speak sweetly and tell you what you want to hear. They play to people sense of rightness, to their ego, their sense of knowing best, their superiority.

Be a straight shooter and tell what they need to hear and you are practically hated. Why, because you made their dream less, inferior.. If someone made the guys dream inferior by saying “watch out for that lion,” he probably would have said, “Your crazy, that lion is not dangerous, look at it! Does that little kitty look dangerous to you?”

So go figure.

It falls into the “no good deed goes unpunished” category.

People don’t want the truth. They want to hear what they want to hear.

You play to that and you make a sale or a con.

You play with a sense of personal honesty you lose money when it comes to telling your experience (truth) to others that are so sold on their own stories of what they want to experience, because your truth violates their hopes, their illusions and you are the bad guy for doing so…

The question of truth is one thing,

The question of who wants to hear it is another.

Yet still there is the question of who deserves to hear the truth.

The more I learn about human nature the less I believe that there are many that deserve the truth.

It’s like casting pearls to swines…

When it comes to Costa Rica, most don’t deserve the truth… Why, because they are not interested in it. You tell them the truth and they dismiss it and go right on believing their comfortable story, there illusions that fits their world.

Why do you think people are continually ripped off here?? They hear what fits their truth and that is all it takes…

Like in the video Scott posted that illustrated it’s in their nature to want to believe their story, at times without investigation or logic applied.

Its like parents that cannot accept that their kid stole candy, Not MY KID! Not my darling story! Its mine, I love it (even if its unture).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.