U.S. Bashing

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum U.S. Bashing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

There goes Scott again U.S. bashing all though it is indirectly by posting Hale O Boyle’s rant and plug for his anti American book.

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/Bringing_Back_Slavery_In_The_USA.cfm ]

Does anyone else feel this way? He dont seem to bash any other country. Although he used the establishment on Wallstreet for many years for his gain. The U.S. did not force him to come to America for his monetary gain.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thanks for your feedback route1mike

Do you write the same sort of letters to your newspapers and websites in the US when they publish articles which are critical of US policies? (Which must keep you real busy…. ) Or, is it because I am British that you feel I have no right to publish an article critical of the US?

You seem to suggest that because I moved to New York City to start up a British consulting company in 1985 and later worked on Wall Street that I am not entitled to voice my opinion?

Like just another political whore who’s received his payoff and is now expected to tow the line?

Not me mate!

1. I’m certainly personally responsible for publishing every single article on WeLoveCostaRica.com but I don’t necessarily agree with them.

Having said that, I do agree with Hal O’Boyle’s article Bringing Back Slavery In The USA at [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/Bringing_Back_Slavery_In_The_USA.cfm ]

2. As an ex Royal Marines Commando I am fiercely loyal to the men and women serving in our Armed Forces but, I remain furious at our politicians in the US and their pathetic, pandering poodles in the UK who have lied, deceived them and knowingly sent thousands of our young people (including Royal Marine Commandos) off to die in illegal and unnecessary wars half way around the world.

3. Of course the US did not “force” me to move to America but, with this new HR 5741 law which is being proposed it would appear that the US is prepared to “force” all Americans between 18 and 42 (which would include my own children) to provide the state with 2 years of their lives “in the furtherance of national defense or homeland security.”

Of course, we should remember that our politicians could be throwing this idea out there to measure the response from the general population. To deliberately get people like you and I to start fighting… That way, they’ll identify the real patriots, like me who will be rounded up later for “processing” and people like you who believe their government can do no wrong who, will be simply sent off to die “fighting for our freedom” somewhere.

That’s right route1mike! If HR 5741 goes through, it won’t be “someone else” anymore, it won’t be just the poor white, black and Latino kids dying, it will be your children, your nephews and nieces who will be sent off to die to make someone else rich and, and if you reply to this preaching about democracy I will vomit on my keyboard!

5. So let me make a suggestion to try and avoid this HR 5741 altogether! If you route1mike and everybody else that thinks like you, would be kind enough to volunteer and send your children off to die in illegal, totally unnecessary wars so my 21 year old American son, my beautiful 19 year old American daughter and Hal’s two American boys don’t have to, we would be very grateful…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

PS. I certainly do “bash” other countries as you’ll see from today’s newsletter at:

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/1659.cfm ]

“My compatriots sometimes forget that we British have far more experience in slaughtering innocent civilians than our American friends but thankfully sometimes the enemy – if there is a real ‘enemy’ – gets hurt too.”

Scott
    What makes you think I agree with HR 5741. Or agree with everything our government does. Just because a bill is presented does not make it law. You are just jumping on your high horse for what I do not Know. I am not attacking you but just making a observation from my many years of following this website. Since you have taken it that way I apologize. I thought this web site was for information on Costa Rica and not used for someones political agenda. We can get this type of information on many sites. I love America although I dont agree with all the things that out politicians do but that is why we have elections. America is far far from perfect but it is still the greatest country in the world. I am just looking for a less expensive and slower way of life and Costa Rica can offer this and I appreciate all the information this site offers just remember we are hungry for all the information we can get on Costa Rica and dont need the U.S. bashing in this forum. From the PM’s I have received there are many others that agree.

waggoner41

[quote=”route1mike”]There goes Scott again U.S. bashing all though it is indirectly by posting Hale O Boyle’s rant and plug for his anti American book.

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/Bringing_Back_Slavery_In_The_USA.cfm ]

Does anyone else feel this way? He dont seem to bash any other country. Although he used the establishment on Wallstreet for many years for his gain. The U.S. did not force him to come to America for his monetary gain.[/quote]

I wonder if you have noticed that you are the only one complaining.

Is there something in Scott’s words that is untrue? I am a U.S. citizen and lived in the U.S. for 67 years and I can give you any number of things to complain about since 1960 due to political stupidity.
    At this point in time I have complaints that the left and right political fringes have taken over congress causing legislative gridlock.
    What was a great nation at the end of WW II has become just another nation on the verge of becoming an also ran economically, militarily and commercially.

I apologize if I haven’t covered everything but the idea of the U.S. as a great nation has become nothing more than a fantasy and thinking otherwise is living in the past.

jperryfly1

I agree with Mike, I don’t care for the US bashing. The bill is not likely to pass. Can’t we keep this about Costa Rica? There are good reasons to go there besides being angry at the US. I’m sure some one has a website about how much they hate the US and conspiracy theories. But I won’t be looking at it. Scott, why don’t you talk your kids into coming to Costa Rica?
    It is much hotter in Florida than CR. I’m envious of you guys but can’t come right now.

costaricafinca
    Participant

I don’t agree with it either, but since I’m not American, I don’t think it is my place to comment other than say, ‘…if you don’t want to read the subject matter, don’t’.
    BYW, I have told Scott on a couple of different occasions that I don’t necessarily agree with him, on everything he writes…:roll:

plasticbrad

Everyone bash whomever you like. I am a big kid now. I will make up my own mind.

Yvette

[quote=”route1mike”]Scott
    What makes you think I agree with HR 5741. Or agree with everything our government does. Just because a bill is presented does not make it law. You are just jumping on your high horse for what I do not Know. I am not attacking you but just making a observation from my many years of following this website. Since you have taken it that way I apologize. I thought this web site was for information on Costa Rica and not used for someones political agenda. We can get this type of information on many sites. I love America although I dont agree with all the things that out politicians do but that is why we have elections. America is far far from perfect but it is still the greatest country in the world. I am just looking for a less expensive and slower way of life and Costa Rica can offer this and I appreciate all the information this site offers just remember we are hungry for all the information we can get on Costa Rica and dont need the U.S. bashing in this forum. From the PM’s I have received there are many others that agree.[/quote]
    oh please! Scott is right on and you know it. Forums are fun where we can let it all hang out.Some of us left because we couldn’t. there is only one political agenda in the u.s. (murdochracy). hmmm. you could have found a cheaper and slower way of life in your beloved country….say on the street in the city of your choice with the guys who made it great for you….park benches are cheap and very quiet. I’m reminded of that saying back in the days when people had the right to say what they wished …you know, that freedom of speech thing? What is it they said? Love it or Leave it? well you made your choice. you’d better go home. they need you back there and no doubt they could find cheap accomodations in one of the houses they foreclosed. Scott is spot on and you know it.

areca

I knew Hal’s article was going to be excellent, and this evening I had the time to digest it. Right on Hal!!!

Thanks for spreading the Truth. NO US BASHING in your article, just truth.

twin200

This being Scotts web site he can post whatever he likes,but I see it the way route1mike does.The U.S. bashing is relentless.Many of us want change and don’t agree with U.S.policies and yes the U.S. still has more to offer than any nation on earth.What about the U.S. dollar,do you bash it or bank it?

rfmark

I hate to way in on this issue but I don’t think there is any questions that Scott has publish several articles lately that are not positive on the Untied States. Bashing? Several I don’t agree with but clearly I think showing more views is always a good thing. I have my own blog site and I am fine with those that don’t agree with me posting. Looking at the issue from different sides is what is important. I have no problem with the story on the troops going to Costa Rica but I do wonder why so many. Good call on that article Scott. This last article on the Text of H.R. 5741: Universal National Service Act is an important article and it may hit you as negative but I had missed that. I’m glad Scott posted it and although a lot of the article is way out there the subject is very valid and should scare you if you still live in the states. It concerns me for our kids and their children since we are way past the age to worry.

Let us all agree that Scott does a service by putting articles out that start a conversation even if they do seem to be slanted to negative toward the United States lately. We should all agree it is good to get all sides and decide for ourselves as an earlier poster said we are big people and can make up our own mind.

areca

The Dollar, so glad someone brought this up. The dollar is in big trouble, it is just paper being propped up. How much longer can they prop it up while still printing more, and with more than 13 Trillion in debt?

When we speak the truth, the bad news, it is not BASHING, it is simply what it is, telling the truth about a subject.

In reality the dollar has no hope of sustainable recovery at this time, if ever. Better to own an asset, a tool, something of real value. Paper does not qualify.

speedo5

I have been angry at my country since i was drafted in 1968 for the “Vietnam Debacle”.There is something very disturbing about a government that spends half of its tax revenue on the military. I have purchased my little piece of ground in Costa Rica, so when the right wingers tell me to “love it or leave it”, I can do so. If the dollar fails, i’ll be eating beans,rice, and bananas I suppose. Doesn’t sound too bad to me.

kimball

I also agree with mike.

And i thought it was strange that Scott removed a topic i started about the relationship of CR with China. It made me wonder if someone stood to lose something. Its his site so i didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes.

One question to ponder for all the people who hate the US and its military…. If and when the day comes (and i pray that it does not) CR was invaded, would they let the US protect ?

speedo5

[quote=”kimball”]I also agree with mike.

And i thought it was strange that Scott removed a topic i started about the relationship of CR with China. It made me wonder if someone stood to lose something. Its his site so i didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes.

One question to ponder for all the people who hate the US and its military…. If and when the day comes (and i pray that it does not) CR was invaded, would they let the US protect ?[/quote], I’m pretty sure we have all these little countries interest at heart with our 700+ military bases scattered around the world. Who do you think we are protecting now? They used to protect us from the Russians, Chinese, and now those Moslems who all want to kill us.When i was a young draftee, I was stopping those dirty commies in the rice fields, Now we are building Walmarts all over China. The ruling class must keep the peasants in fear so we will pay our taxes to finance the Military Industrial Complex. We have a long history of supporting corrupt governments in Latin America because it was good for busines. Like it or not, we are the “Ugly Americans”. A lot of countries have valid reasons to hate us and our military.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.