Trouble in the Caribbean

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Trouble in the Caribbean

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    maravilla

ecuador is getting a big push right now, so in a couple of years there will be so many expats, you will think you are still in the states. i’m in nicaragua right now and even here there are so many expats that it seems like a very odd place indeed. most of the talk around here is how expensive costa rica has become and that is why people are going to ecuador and nicaragua. once that happens, a place usually has a run of 5 – 7 years and then it’s glorious cheap days are over!!!

waggoner41

[quote=”Scott”][quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”aguirrewar”] The facts on gun laws in Costa Rica can be found here: http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/costa-rica

Compare that to the U.S.. I am not nearly ready to leave Costa Rica to go back to the U.S.[/quote]

Fantastic link Les, thanks for sharing ….

[/quote]

Just comparing the laws on weapons here compared to the U.S.
    You never know, in the States, when the person next to you is going to pull out a semi-automatic and start shooting up the place.

I feel a lot safer here than I would there right now. Out of 16,000 murders over 11,000 committed with guns in the U.S. last year.

Seems like the elected officials with their personal body guards fear the NRA more than they do the number of killings in the general population.

waggoner41

[quote=”maravilla”]Is the US a narco state? you bet your sweet bippy it is.[/quote]

From Ecuador to the U.S. is there any country that can not be termed a narco state? I don’t think so!

Sailor

! would argue, that the current crime situation in Costa Rica, is not entirely a narco situation. Rather, as in all other parts of the world, it has evolved into a two caste system, the haves and the havenots. The crime in Costa Rica is not only land based, it is also sea based. I often sail out of Guancaste on my private sailboat. I have had two instances of attempted boardings while at sea. Unfortunately, for them, I’m retired Special Forces, and my twin ladies, Colt 911, .45s also accompany me at sea. I still often wonder how long it took them to get back to port, with .45 holes in their hulls and their engines!

waggoner41

[quote=”Sailor”]! would argue, that the current crime situation in Costa Rica, is not entirely a narco situation. Rather, as in all other parts of the world, it has evolved into a two caste system, the haves and the havenots. The crime in Costa Rica is not only land based, it is also sea based. I often sail out of Guancaste on my private sailboat. I have had two instances of attempted boardings while at sea. Unfortunately, for them, I’m retired Special Forces, and my twin ladies, Colt 911, .45s also accompany me at sea. I still often wonder how long it took them to get back to port, with .45 holes in their hulls and their engines![/quote]

Economic disparity is one of the major problems in the U.S. as well.

What is wrong with ya’ll? I’ve never wanted another person’s stuff, because he has more than me. It’s simple morality. Yes, sometimes it’s drug infused values that get distorted and disputes happen, but it’s still morality. Didn’t ya’lls Momma teach you things?
    So, El Presidente: everyone is supposed to have the same salary, same health care, same house, same car, same Costa Rican getaway. Somehow, I don’t think that’s gonna work too well!

VictoriaLST

Hey Scott, what is the “United Zionist Police State” thing?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]Hey Scott, what is the “United Zionist Police State” thing?[/quote]

It sounds like what it sounds like, Victoria.

johnnyh

[quote=”DavidCMurray”][quote=”VictoriaLST”]Hey Scott, what is the “United Zionist Police State” thing?[/quote]

It sounds like what it sounds like, Victoria.

I don’t think Scott’s reply meant to be anti-semitic. From where I stand, there’s a difference between Zionists and Jews.

VictoriaLST

Scott? Clarification?

sprite

Crime follows money, drugs follow crime. Americans bring money and economic disparity with them wherever they go. It is a contagion.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I’m not sure what economic disparity has to do with trouble in the Caribbean, but here’s an interesting link. Scroll down to the second “window” for the “Play” arrow.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/on/Wealth-Inequality-in-America-viral-video-Politizane/

VictoriaLST

A disturbing little video, David. Disturbing because it is so biased.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]A disturbing little video, David. Disturbing because it is so biased.[/quote]

You can’t leave it at that, Victoria. Where’s the bias?

VictoriaLST

I knew you would ask 🙂

I don’t care how much money the rich have, I want to have enough to meet my needs. Then I want the opportunity to make more money so I can have some savings for the future. Then a bit more so I can have a few luxuries. Fanning the “the rich have too much” fire doesn’t impress me.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.