Trouble in the Caribbean

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Trouble in the Caribbean

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    johnnyh

Just read in La Nacion that 19 hotel guests were held up by 5 bad boys who took $6000.00 and various cameras. One guest was even beaten up and hospitalized. This is definitely not good for tourism, as the news will spread like wildfire.

Also in the news, hotel vacancies throughout the country have increased. Maybe there’s a connection here that the powers that be in Costa Rica might look into? After all, Costa Rica depends on tourism.

I also read that the Costa Rican government wants to curb or curtail gun ownership.

Perhaps Costa Rica should adapt harsher laws like Saudi Arabia. Thiefs lose their hand. Perhaps Costa Rica should have a death penalty.

In any event, I hope the government investigates this assault completely and finds out if the thieves were local, or from other countries.

This is an outrage that the country can ill afford.

aguirrewar

keep on reading what is REALLY happening in CR

Crime is on the rise

time to leave???

barbara ann

where we live the police have NO bullets for their guns, they use tape to hold wrists together if they arrest someone…rare.. they have one pair of handcuffs for the whole town.

maravilla

apparently it’s the same gang that is responsible for 4 other such incidents. of course crime is on the rise — not just here, but everywhere. tell me one place that is free of crime.

sprite

Maybe it’s time to leave the Caribbean area and San Jose, but not the entire country.

maravilla

there are crime sprees almost everywhere. people were all freaked out when the hotel owners in la fortuna were murdered by decapitation. ripples of fear were everywhere, but hey, don’t get involved with narcos.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Reading more info on this resort, it says it is located on 250 acres, which leaves it very susceptible to anyone going being able to go over the fences…
    If the guard was located at the gate at the entrance, this doesn’t offer much ‘protection’ to either hotel guests or the houses there, just someone to sign people in and out.
    Unfortunately not only those are involved with [i]’narcos'[/i] are affected by robberies.

johnnyh

[quote=”costaricafinca”]Reading more info on this resort, it says it is located on 250 acres, which leaves it very susceptible to anyone going being able to go over the fences…
    If the guard was located at the gate at the entrance, this doesn’t offer much ‘protection’ to either hotel guests or the houses there, just someone to sign people in and out.
    Unfortunately not only those are involved with [i]’narcos'[/i] are affected by robberies.[/quote]

The question that should be on the minds of the President and the Assembly is when will Costa Rica be labeled a narco state? Perhaps when one of their own diputados is kidnapped or decapitated? Will they wait until Costa Rica turns into a little Colombia?

aguirrewar

[quote=”johnnyh”][quote=”costaricafinca”]Reading more info on this resort, it says it is located on 250 acres, which leaves it very susceptible to anyone going being able to go over the fences…
    Unfortunately not only those are involved with [i]’narcos'[/i] are affected by robberies.[/quote]

The question that should be on the minds of the President and the Assembly is when will Costa Rica be labeled a narco state? Perhaps when one of their own diputados is kidnapped or decapitated? Will they wait until Costa Rica turns into a little Colombia?

[/quote]pretty close

I just installed a VIDEO Caamera and some other Security upgrades that total $1,200.0

next door my house he lost $10,00.00 in a burlgary

because???

he was not prepared for the unexpected visit but “I WAS”

waggoner41

[quote=”aguirrewar”]keep on reading what is REALLY happening in CR

Crime is on the rise

time to leave???[/quote]

The facts on gun laws in Costa Rica can be found here: http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/costa-rica

Compare that to the U.S.. I am not nearly ready to leave Costa Rica to go back to the U.S.

maravilla

Costa Rica IS a narco state. if you didn’t know that, you haven’t been paying attention.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Since the United Zionist Police States of America is the #1 illegal and legal drug consuming nation on planet earth does that make the U.S. a “narco state” too … ?

Just wondering ….

Scott

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”aguirrewar”] The facts on gun laws in Costa Rica can be found here: http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/costa-rica

Compare that to the U.S.. I am not nearly ready to leave Costa Rica to go back to the U.S.[/quote]

Fantastic link Les, thanks for sharing ….

maravilla

Is the US a narco state? you bet your sweet bippy it is.

johnnyh

[quote=”maravilla”]Is the US a narco state? you bet your sweet bippy it is.[/quote]

This morning I left my driveway on Red Hill in Tustin California, and while waiting for the red light to turn green I noticed the 5 North entrance on the right, the 5 South entrance on the left, the amount of cars behind me, and to the left. And for a moment I was like in a frozen state. And I asked myself what the hell I was doing here. Wouldn’t it be better to be walking the fine white sand of Cahuita Beach, or swinging from a hammock in a Guanacaste beach? I’m running out of options, but I just don’t like living in the United States anymore. It might take a couple of years to leave, and I’m counting the days. Even Ecuador is on the table.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.