The different police forces in Costa Rica?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum The different police forces in Costa Rica?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”Scott”]

How exactly did they categorize this vehicle when you brought it into the country Bill?

Scott [/quote]

I bought it here, from Durman Esquival. I told them I would not accept it withoout “placas”, so I thought I would be getting regular plates, either for motorcycle or car. Their attornry spent quite a bit of time getting the placas, and the only type he could get is the yellow VE. I have only seen one other VE placa here in Samara and it is on a Polaris Ranger side-by-side, and it has the Marchamo and RTV stickers. I’ve tried to track him down and talk to him but so far, no luck. There are many VE placas on electric golf carts, especially in Coco.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”costaricafinca”]Friends brought in a ‘Mule’, and which is similar to your vehicle, isn’t it? They were never able to license it either, so they go into the small town near them, and so far, have had no tickets…although it doesn’t have a ‘VE’ plate.[/quote]

Yes, mine is similar to a Kawasaki Mule, but diesel powered (vs gas) and about 50% bigger. I’ve had no problems with the local “blue shirts” and have traveled the roads as far up the coast as Ostinal and as far down the coast as San Miguel.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.