“Take a tour…si o no?”

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum “Take a tour…si o no?”

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Imxploring
    Participant

It seems government’s push to a cashless society where they can track and control every aspect of your life is becoming the accepted normal with people. Quite insidious. When did paying cash become a crime? Or somehow an indication of some sinister conduct. I prefer to pay with dead presidents. Keeps the banks and all the other entities out there that make a living skimming from my spending out of my pocket.

Sure the politicians want to convince you that they have to have the ability to track all transactions to keep you safe from terrorist… but who are they kidding. There’s a much bigger picture here.

I don’t know George. I’ve never done business with George. If he prefers to deal in cash perhaps he just doesn’t want to deal with bounced checks, bank fees, processing fees, credit card fees, transaction fees, account management fees, charge backs, processing holds, credit and check fraud, and all the other hassles that exist in trying to run a business. Cash is a simple and straightforward transaction. No middleman or banks grabbing a piece of the pie. As for receipts, did anyone ask for one? I’m sure he’d provide one if you needed it for some reason. I’ve taken numerous tours and excursions that didn’t hand me a receipt…. after all it’s not as if I’ll be returning the “product” for a refund.

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”residencial”]So why aren’t cash paying customers given written receipts by Lundquist? Tax evasion? I would also ask about his insurance coverage for his tour vehicles and passengers.[/quote]

This is not meant as an insult, merely an educated opinion from someone who has seen THOUSANDS of people move to Costa Rica over the past 16 years….

If these things – tax evasion and making sure people have the correct insurance coverage – are a serious concern for you, you’ll survive a week living in Costa Rica.

residencial

[quote=”Imxploring”]It seems government’s push to a cashless society where they can track and control every aspect of your life is becoming the accepted normal with people. Quite insidious. When did paying cash become a crime? Or somehow an indication of some sinister conduct. I prefer to pay with dead presidents. Keeps the banks and all the other entities out there that make a living skimming from my spending out of my pocket.

Sure the politicians want to convince you that they have to have the ability to track all transactions to keep you safe from terrorist… but who are they kidding. There’s a much bigger picture here.

I don’t know George. I’ve never done business with George. If he prefers to deal in cash perhaps he just doesn’t want to deal with bounced checks, bank fees, processing fees, credit card fees, transaction fees, account management fees, charge backs, processing holds, credit and check fraud, and all the other hassles that exist in trying to run a business. Cash is a simple and straightforward transaction. No middleman or banks grabbing a piece of the pie. As for receipts, did anyone ask for one? I’m sure he’d provide one if you needed it for some reason. I’ve taken numerous tours and excursions that didn’t hand me a receipt…. after all it’s not as if I’ll be returning the “product” for a refund.
    [/quote]
    Plan B seems like a better option; Christopher Howard’s tour. His web site explains clearly different payment methods. Method of Payment
    Reservation Deposit and Payments: A $250.00 pp deposit and completed Tour Reservation Form is required for all tours. Deposits and full payments may be paid by [u]credit card*, money order, or check.[/u] A written confirmation of your reservation will be sent once the deposit and signed form are received. Payment in full is due 30 days prior to tour departure date.

Cancellation Policy: Deposits are fully refundable if cancellations are made, in writing, within 60 days of the first tour day. There are no refunds or credits for cancellations made after the 60 days.

* A 4% surcharge for any payment or portion of payment paid by credit card. Additionally, any refunds on payments from credit cards will be subject to an additional 4% administration fee.

BillNew
    Participant

[quote=”Scott”]

If these things – tax evasion and making sure people have the correct insurance coverage – are a serious concern for you, you’ll survive a week living in Costa Rica.

[/quote]

ROFL …. Zactly !

I’ve never gotten a receipt for solicited bribes in CR either … it’s almost like they don’t want there to be a record of it. 😆

residencial

Has anyone had experience with http://summerlandtourcompany.com/ ? They have a payment page on their web site; checks, credit cards, seems like an honest business.

residencial

Now considering renting a vehicle. Can anyone recommend a good car rental agency? We have heard that it can be difficult to obtain the car you want in January or February because of the high demand during those months. 8)

Andrew
    Keymaster

You can see our [url=https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/Affordable-Car-Rental-In-Costa-Rica.cfm]recommended car rental company here.[/url]

Scott

petico

Agree. Cash is how I pay most everywhere. Why should I cut a credit card company a slice of my purchase, and why should I let the government know that I buy milk at the grocery store?

residencial:

George Lundquist is a straight shooter and yes, he has insurance. Several of the members have pointed out many of the reasons that George may have for preferring cash, all of which are logical.

Enjoy the tour and Costa
    rica!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.