Speaking of FATCA

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Speaking of FATCA

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    davidd

I am going to speak with an officer at immigration next week to see if there is anything on the cedula that states if your chinese, american german, etc.

[quote=”davidd”]Scott

I will research this.. more in depth.. but so far what I am understanding is that this is geared specifically with people that opened up bank accounts with U.S. passport.

people that are [b]legal residents[/b] here and opened up the bank account with the cedulas.. will not apply

This is what came out of the Banco nacional general manager.. who we had lunch with .. with my attorney.

since a legal residence cedula.. at a [b]banking level[/b] (NOT at immigration level..but banking level) does NOT differentiate between where you are from.. Nicaragua, Britain, us, Germany.. etc all it reveals is that one is a legal residence.

Don’t get me wrong.. I am sure a bank can if they wanted to go and drill down and get all the paperwork to see who is british, who is american, who is german, who is chinese, who is etc.. but I doubt this..

I will further research this.. if there is one thing I have found here in this country.. is that.. many times one hand does not know what the other is doing.

[quote=”Scott”]”This will have no bearing on legal residents that opened a bank account with their cedula” except that any and all private and public banks in Costa Rica will share all U.S. citizen banking information with the U.S. whether the U.S. citizen has a cedula or not…

Scott

[/quote][/quote]

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″]Nope, I went outside and checked, the sky is exactly where it was before.[/quote]

Hope you kept your head down…. sounds like it’s all good in Chi-town…. no problems at all! 🙂

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-chicago-shot-weekend-violence-20140707-story.html

It’s amazing considering how well the (pretend) economy is doing. Don’t these people have jobs to be at?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.