Socializing with the Gringos in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Socializing with the Gringos in Costa Rica

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    sstarkey

[quote=”2bncr”]Isn’t funny how almost all the gringas I meet here have a problems with Ticas and how they live their lives. They are hell bent on brainwashing them that traditional roles are taboo and they need to compete with men. [/quote]

Errmmmm…perhaps you need to be just a tad more selective when choosing who to socialize with? [BTW – most of the Gringas I meet here are far too busy living their own lives to waste their precious time trying to “brainwash” the natives.]

Jerry

I personally prefer the route of “living Tico”. I live out of town in th mountains amid the campos and am very comfortable there. I do not have to deal with the “tourist issue” unless I choose to travel to a tourist zone, yet I am not so far from it that travel is a logistical problem. Prices are as reasonable as you will find and crime is something to be aware of but not depressingly threatening. I do not need more than the fingers on my own two hands to count the Gringos within 15 kilometers of me, and most of them are a reasonable bunch. As to what all gringos living in Costa Rica have in common… we all think a little (or a lot) “out of the box”. We would not be here if we had no desire for something a bit different. I am happy on the way-outskirts of Turrialba.

maravilla

all i can say is UGH — 2bncr’s attitudes towards woman are so smarmy and creepy. nobody is trying to brainwash the Ticas. They are figuring out all on their own that they no longer want to be under the thumb of some man — and yes, true to form, you did bring up veiled prostitution, and if you are having a problem with this issue, you need only look in the mirror to see why!! with your attitudes about women and this stupid Feminazi rap, what woman in their right mind, or what woman with a shred of self-respect, would want to have a relationship with someone who thinks a woman’s only importance is catering to a man and having babies. wake up! we are no longer in the dark ages. not every woman wants to be a mother. not every woman wants to be dominated by some man who isn’t as smart as she is, and every single woman on this planet should have the right to choose whether they do these things without the condemnation of some man with masculine identify issues. and i am never looking at this thread again. it is just that disgusting. bleeccck!

Ione

[quote=”sprite”]A gated community is one which is relatively secured and segregated from the surrounding social structure. But I refer more to the gated mindset than the gated physical barrier. Segregation from the community is, by definition, a rejection and repudiation of that community. It marks the resident as an outsider.

A gated community is a statement by the residents to the surrounding, outside community. The essence of the social contract is based on trust and fair distribution of community wealth. This contract is broken by the gated statement “I have more than the rest of you and I do not trust the rest of you and I feel the need to be guarded and have my property protected from you.” Anyone who thinks about this for even a moment must see the insult.

A gated community is also physical evidence of an income gap within a society and that is never healthy. Gated communities are a sign of an infection in the society.[/quote]

WOW SPRITE::::: You really do have a warped idea of gated communities,Gringos and Ticos alike. Just found this thread and can’t believe the great divide here and the ignorance. I am going to keep this very short but we have lived here for over 18 years now, have lived in various areas of the country and guess what, there are more gated communities throughout this country than in most other countries. And by the way, a very high percentage of them are inhabited Tico or Latino residents. Also, not to mention, the millions of homes with bars on them (mostly out of the gated communities but found in both.) We are fortunate enough to enjoy both the ex pat and the Tico/Latino communities and we wouldn’t change a thing! Hope you get a better attitude soon. Good Luck.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”Ione”] Hope you get a better attitude soon. Good Luck.[/quote]

Yeah, like that’s gonna happen!

sprite

[quote=”Ione”][quote=”sprite”]A gated community is one which is relatively secured and segregated from the surrounding social structure. But I refer more to the gated mindset than the gated physical barrier. Segregation from the community is, by definition, a rejection and repudiation of that community. It marks the resident as an outsider.

A gated community is a statement by the residents to the surrounding, outside community. The essence of the social contract is based on trust and fair distribution of community wealth. This contract is broken by the gated statement “I have more than the rest of you and I do not trust the rest of you and I feel the need to be guarded and have my property protected from you.” Anyone who thinks about this for even a moment must see the insult.

A gated community is also physical evidence of an income gap within a society and that is never healthy. Gated communities are a sign of an infection in the society.[/quote]

WOW SPRITE::::: You really do have a warped idea of gated communities,Gringos and Ticos alike. Just found this thread and can’t believe the great divide here and the ignorance. I am going to keep this very short but we have lived here for over 18 years now, have lived in various areas of the country and guess what, there are more gated communities throughout this country than in most other countries. And by the way, a very high percentage of them are inhabited Tico or Latino residents. Also, not to mention, the millions of homes with bars on them (mostly out of the gated communities but found in both.) We are fortunate enough to enjoy both the ex pat and the Tico/Latino communities and we wouldn’t change a thing! Hope you get a better attitude soon. Good Luck.[/quote]

If Costa Rica has more gated communities than other places, that is not a good thing. It means there is a substantial income stratification within the population and this is is a sign of social ill health. Those countries and cultures which are the most innovative, successful and peaceful are those which have the most even distribution of wealth among its people.

I don’t believe I need an attitude adjustment. I think I have a pretty good handle on this matter. Perhaps you are unaware of your own attitudes. You did not specify why you prefer a gated community. If you disagree with my assessment, then tell me what is the main advantage of a gated community for you and why this is a good thing for Costa Rica.

MsKitty

[quote=”Ione”][quote=”sprite”]A gated community is one which is relatively secured and segregated from the surrounding social structure. But I refer more to the gated mindset than the gated physical barrier. Segregation from the community is, by definition, a rejection and repudiation of that community. It marks the resident as an outsider.

WOW SPRITE::::: You really do have a warped idea of gated communities,Gringos and Ticos alike. Just found this thread and can’t believe the great divide here and the ignorance. I am going to keep this very short but we have lived here for over 18 years now, have lived in various areas of the country and guess what, there are more gated communities throughout this country than in most other countries. And by the way, a very high percentage of them are inhabited Tico or Latino residents. Also, not to mention, the millions of homes with bars on them (mostly out of the gated communities but found in both.) We are fortunate enough to enjoy both the ex pat and the Tico/Latino communities and we wouldn’t change a thing! Hope you get a better attitude soon. Good Luck.[/quote]

That is the most intelligent thing I’ve read on this thread. There is too much hatred toward “Gringos”. Who the heck do you think would save your ass if Costa Rica were threatened. The very people you refer to as the evil “Gringos”. The US and/or Canadian military. I’d bet you would quickly get a case of humility and appreciation for “Gringos”.

As for Maravilla. I’m proud to be the mother of a US navy seal. I suspect you dropped a little too much acid when you were in California. You speak for a radical few. You’re irrelevant.:lol:

aguirrewar

Easy MsKitty:

Navy Seals are 40% mental, 10% physical and another 50% of just pure solid stainless steel BALLs’

out of 100 only 15 make it and those 100 that apply are hand selected from 500 every year

More college futball players will be drafted to the NFL in 1 year than make it as a Navy Seal by a 100 to 1 ratio

Your son belongs to the smallest FRATERNITY in the world and you should be proud of his accomplishments but be aware you might get a US flag in return for his service.

Death comes to all of us but death comes soon to a Navy SEAL, every minute and every day.

I salute you for your SON

sprite

Soldiers break things, maim and kill men,women and children. They are a plague. They give up whatever sense of morality they may have had and offer their bodies as tools of destruction to an insane, controlling minority of human predators who have no regard for our species general condition. These predators have perpetuated wars throughout our history for personal gain at our specie’s expense and they could not do this without soldiers.

Soldiers participate in the insanity of war and many of those who survive exposure end up with permanent emotional damage. I have seen this happen to a friend and to a co-worker and I can’t imagine wishing this on my sons. There are better things of which to be proud as parents.

And regarding the gated community issue, I don’t see why Ticos cannot be just as elitist, fearful and mistrustful as gringos. This is a matter of wealth stratification, not race or culture. It happens almost everywhere.

MsKitty

[quote=”aguirrewar”]Easy MsKitty:

Navy Seals are 40% mental, 10% physical and another 50% of just pure solid stainless steel BALLs’

out of 100 only 15 make it and those 100 that apply are hand selected from 500 every year

More college futball players will be drafted to the NFL in 1 year than make it as a Navy Seal by a 100 to 1 ratio

Your son belongs to the smallest FRATERNITY in the world and you should be proud of his accomplishments but be aware you might get a US flag in return for his service.

Death comes to all of us but death comes soon to a Navy SEAL, every minute and every day.

I salute you for your SON[/quote]

Thank you sir. Not a day goes by that I don’t realize how proud I am. He is very special. It just makes my skin crawl when I read things that are posted on here about all the hate from people who enjoy their freedom but trash their country and the people who gave them their freedom. If that kind of thing is common here I won’t be here for long. Thanks again.

sprite

[quote=”MsKitty”][quote=”aguirrewar”]Easy MsKitty:

I salute you for your SON[/quote]

Thank you sir. Not a day goes by that I don’t realize how proud I am. He is very special. It just makes my skin crawl when I read things that are posted on here about all the hate from people who enjoy their freedom but trash their country and the people who gave them their freedom. If that kind of thing is common here I won’t be here for long. Thanks again.[/quote]

Costa Rica does not maintain an army. If you like the concept of soldiers where you live, maybe you should go back the States. I think Americans will be seeing a lot more uniforms on their streets soon.

Ione

[quote=”sprite”]
    Costa Rica does not maintain an army. If you like the concept of soldiers where you live, maybe you should go back the States. I think Americans will be seeing a lot more uniforms on their streets soon.[/quote]

Obviously there is no hope for an attitude adjustment for people like “Sprite”! He is wrong on all fronts. Costa Rica does have an army to back it up, it is called the United States of America and if it weren’t for the knowledge that the USA would stand along side Costa Rica when needed, Costa Rica today would be called Nicaragua. Wise up Sprite, people like you belong it a gated community called a Zoo!

2bncr

Well Thanks Miss Kity. Say Hi to the marshal for me.

Finally a sensible woman who appears to be traditional promotherhood with a healthy respect for men. Thank God you don’t think that promotherhood is anti woman.

You know I thought that I was the only one in this group that had the common sense to see that our culture is being overtaken by extremist such as Maravilla and Sprite.

You would think that people would appreciate the soldiers that war to protect them. You would think that people would appreciate the honorable women that stay at home and create a loving home and strong character and develop morality in their children.

Well it’s obvious by her remarks and the latest remark “some man” that Maravilla demeans the value of fatherhood and men in general, the same men that eliminated Osama Bin Landen and lets go full circle as her Hollywood cronies were most likely responsible for creating the appearance of an organized resistance to a misperception of American culture. A misperception created from all the mind polluting immoral crap produced by Hollywood and spread around the world.

Hollywood morals supported by some subvert Americans who wish to keep a traditional family intact. No gay marriage or marrying your goat. And here in Costa Rica where most women are still feminine and value motherhood the mind polluters mask feminist extremism as “protecting women’s rights.” But the perverted femanazis promote dressing up as a Hollywood hooker and slandering priest in front of a church and their children grow up distrustful, man hating, promiscuous femanazis.

Sprite, you and your extremist anti American anti capitalist views do little to mask you sour grapes over a sexless existence and overall depressed vision of the world.

Miss Kitty – I hope that your style of woman that teach their children that they don’t have to dress like whores or act like a man to compete in the job world win out.

Women are women and men are men each with their unique roles and the gender blur where men are femazied and women are masculine is the end of traditional society. All brought on by perverted people in places of power such as Hollywood, and by testosterone – less men who would rather relinquish their masculinity than stand up for themselves. Applauded by the likes of some and represented by the likes of others. Sad and creepy indeed.

Man hating femanazis and subversive gringos that hate their own country are two types of gringos one should think twice about before socializing.

Irony

[quote=”sprite”]Soldiers break things, maim and kill men,women and children. They are a plague. They give up whatever sense of morality they may have had and offer their bodies as tools of destruction to an insane, controlling minority of human predators who have no regard for our species general condition. [/quote]

I have lurked on this thread for a long time; just shaking my head at some of the comments and wondering why the admin just doesn’t kill the discussion.

Comments like the one above just proves that idiots abound online 😯

diesels12

[quote=”sprite”][quote=”Ione”][quote=”sprite”]A gated community is one which is relatively secured and segregated from the surrounding social structure. But I refer more to the gated mindset than the gated physical barrier. Segregation from the community is, by definition, a rejection and repudiation of that community. It marks the resident as an outsider.

If Costa Rica has more gated communities than other places, that is not a good thing. It means there is a substantial income stratification within the population and this is is a sign of social ill health. Those countries and cultures which are the most innovative, successful and peaceful are those which have the most even distribution of wealth among its people.

I don’t believe I need an attitude adjustment. I think I have a pretty good handle on this matter. Perhaps you are unaware of your own attitudes. You did not specify why you prefer a gated community. If you disagree with my assessment, then tell me what is the main advantage of a gated community for you and why this is a good thing for Costa Rica.[/quote]

Gee Karl Marx, I should feel guilty because I can afford to live in a gated community? I will move out of my gated community when I can call the police and get a timely response.

Main advantage to gated community? not having to worry about home invasions, car theft, vandalism, gang rapes,murder and of course nice bar and pool area,generous pour on the cocktails,happy hour wednesday to friday, jacuzzi,wet and dry sauna, golf course,shall I continue? Ah the horrors of gated living. I hate myself.
    Personally I think its a great thing for costa rica or any country.It gives a sense of security to people who perhaps are not able to defend themselves. i have a wife a 2 daughters and i travel a lot out of the country and dont want to worry about their safety when i am gone. do i need to recite recent examples of crimes? As a matter of fact, we have had 2 families move into our communithy recently due to them being victimized.

when we can alll livee in peace and harmony and there is no crime, than I will move out of my gated community.

p.s. sometimes I actually leave my gated community to mingle with people such as yourself!!!!but only with an armed convey and my glock. LOL!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.