Several countries including CR sue Georgia

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Several countries including CR sue Georgia

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Huh? I don’t see anyone mentioning Robert Faurisson??

maravilla

if you read some of the posts on that website, they reference Faurisson and some of his other partners in crime who vehemently deny that the holocaust happened. Frightening as it is, i know some really intelligent people who rely on Faurisson’s tracts and a lot of what Duff says sounds exactly like what Faurisson also says. These are also the same people who claim there were no burning of villages in Poland, no mass graves, etc. and that Zyklon-B was simply a harmless pesticide and wasn’t used to kill a few million people and that the whole affair was pretty benign and that Hitler never intended to wipe out the Jews despite the volumes of writings by him and his henchmen who claim otherwise. The Final Solution was very real and every single thing about it was documented — the Nazis were very anal about that! So i’m not buying everything that Duff has to say either. I don’t care what his credential are or how many medals he has and when people start blabbing about those things as a way to manipulate people into believing what they say, i start to doubt that they are telling the truth and start wondering what their real agenda is.

Andrew
    Keymaster

You’re referring to reader’s comments about that article Maravilla…

I included Gordon Duff’s quote for the importance of the quote and not so that we would all go and read the reader’s comments about his article….

Scott

maravilla

his quote may be the only true thing he said. my husband’s family were partisans in Italy. two of my husband’s uncles were murdered by the fascists and one died in a concentration camp. in an ironic twist of fate, my husband’s sister married the son of Hitler’s personal bodyguard (who flung himself out of a 5th story window rather than go on trial in Nuremburg for war crimes). so holocaust deniers such as duff don’t hold much sway with me. he’s no different than the other forces who try to manipulate us.

Fourreads
    DavidCMurray
    Participant

So American workers, even out of work probationers who are required to hold a job, won’t take the labor-intensive field jobs currently being occupied by some admittedly illegal immigrant workers who do, nevertheless, keep food on American families’ tables.

Tom Lehrer, the satirist, told us this would happen back in the sixties when he wrote a line in one of his songs, “No one but a Mexican would stoop so low.”

We were warned . . .

kimball

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]So American workers, even out of work probationers who are required to hold a job, won’t take the labor-intensive field jobs currently being occupied by some admittedly illegal immigrant workers who do, nevertheless, keep food on American families’ tables.

Tom Lehrer, the satirist, told us this would happen back in the sixties when he wrote a line in one of his songs, “No one but a Mexican would stoop so low.”

We were warned . . .[/quote]

When you say “labor intensive field jobs”… I take it you mean picking vegetables and such…And i agree that most Americans dont have what it takes to pick enough in a day to make a decant wage. The problem is where foreigners are gobbling up skilled trade jobs by the millions…and working for $2.00 per hour cheaper than the local guy who is more skilled. I dont hear anyone bitching about not being able to get a job picking vegetables but try to get a construction job or a food service job… good luck. If the US would adopt the same work laws as CR our unemployment wouldn’t be so high.

Like the new saying goes “Made in America…by a Mexican”

ricardo_cr

The reason Costa Rica joined in on this is because the Costa Rican consulate for the Southeastern U.S. is based in Atlanta, GA. There is a large enough tico populace in the region to warrant having an full-time consulate there. It serves GA, NC, SC, AL, and TN and probably a few others states but I don’t remember exactly which ones.

Racial profiling is real in Georgia. I lived in the metro Atlanta area for 12 years, have trained police departments on Latino relations, have had several governmental officials as clients, and can assure you that Costa Rica, along with any other Latin American country has legitimate concerns about how their citizens will be treated by police in the State of GA.

A complex subject to be sure but as in most things the position makes sense when we understand the facts.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”ricardo_cr”]A complex subject to be sure but as in most things the position makes sense when we understand the facts.[/quote]

And the “fact” still remains – it is hypocritical for CR to take one side in the States while thay practice the complete opposite at home!

crb
    (with my passport and entramite in my pocket, as always, as required, and as “estupid” as it gets!)

guru

[b]NEW Law?[/b] All this law is doing is requiring the police and businesses to actively do what the laws already on the books require. Collect taxes and not accept phony documents.

Mexico’s only concern is that they have economic and population problems and they want nothing to hinder their people leaving, going where they can earn money and send it home. Mexico supporting illegal immigration into the U.S. is virtually committing an act of war.

Can you imagine the U.S. demanding that a country accept as many U.S. citizens as wanted to illegally enter and work in that country? Or to allow them to live in another country unhindered by residency requirements? Wouldn’t it be nice to move to Costa Rica without restriction or paperwork and have the U.S. government back up that right? The U.N. and the World at large would be in an uproar!

On the other hand much of the U.S. economy is now built around immigrant labor and plenty comes in legally from many Central American countries. But the illegal numbers are much higher than the legal. Every country has a right to control such activities or their borders are meaningless.

The problem with this “cheap” labor is that it is also like cheap goods imported from Southeast Asia. It looks good on the surface but reduces job opportunities for citizens. In the construction industry in the U.S. there are now almost no common laborer or starter positions for young Americans.

When I was young these were some of the better jobs for those who wanted to work with their hands. They paid well and you could make a career working in construction. If you wanted and were a good people person you could move up to foreman or even management. Today however those jobs pay less than they did in the 1970’s! and employers prefer those workers who require less paperwork. We have record construction costs of 5 to 10x what it cost in the 70’s but wages are DOWN from 40 years ago????? There is definitely something wrong with this picture.

I have nothing against my Mexican neighbors. They work hard and are honest business people. I understand their moving here and wanting something better. But like all countries the U.S. has the right to control immigration and when the Federal government has not done their part the States have the right to step in do it themselves.

Many things I see going on today including taxes, economic snooping AND immigration control are all part of the “mean economy”. The tighter things get the meaner the system becomes EVERYWHERE. The outlook is not good and the worse it gets, the meaner it will get.

guru

[b]Economics of the Mexican Influx:[/b]

The economics of allowing migrant workers from Mexico and Central America into the U.S. has been called economic slavery. The illegals can truly be called slaves because they have have few rights and cannot complain about wages or working conditions.

Mexican laborers are not taking jobs that U.S. citizens won’t do, they are taking jobs at wages so low that U.S. citizens cannot afford to take. As I mentioned above, in construction they are working for less than what the wages were 40 years ago. When you live in our economy you just cannot afford do that for long. Since the 1970’s fuel and transportation costs are up 10x. Housing costs are up 10x. Food costs are up 5 to 8x.

How do Mexican’s work for less? They live in crowded conditions OR terrible conditions, commute in over crowded vehicles (more people than allowed by law). Most often they plan to return home where the cost of living is much less. AND they often work for cash under the table. Taxes and unemployment insurance double the paid wage a legal worker sees. To many businesses it is worth not writing off the cash labor rather than pay double. . .

On the other hand, the majority of businesses DO take taxes out of illegals wages and submit them to the Federal and State governments (including Social Security – about 7 billion a year). It is said that these amounts far exceed the costs in services. . . Those payments into SS will never be drawn against. So those that claim illegals are a burden on the local systems are just blowing smoke.

Even when workers are local citizens the pressure on wages in general keeps wages down. If a worker cannot quit his factory job and work construction then he has no bargaining power. If the factory worker cannot quit for a slightly lesser job then the factory office worker is in the same boat. . . Having the lowest paid workers making less than a local living wage reduces wages for everyone. It is the same effect as letting in a flood of slave wage import products. . . Which we do at great detriment to our industry in general.

Employers benefit from the lower wages even if they do not hire illegals.

Beside employers the banks and financial institutions make a LOT of money from illegals that send money home. International transfer fees are some of the most lucrative in the business. How many billions are sent home to Mexico? (18 billion in 2005 according to the World Bank).

Mexican laborers in the U.S. make money for everyone except the U.S. worker. . SO it benefits the rich and powerful. So while the politicians will talk about the problem, they will do nothing OR write totally ineffectual laws.

As far as Ticos in the U.S. are concerned, if, as noted above by others, they carry the same paperwork WE are required to do in Costa Rica, and do not break the law, then they will not have a problem. But if they work in the U.S. economy without the proper paperwork and do not carry legal ID they may be in trouble (just as WE would be in Costa Rica). On the other hand, they will be treated much more fairly than in almost any other country in the world IF they get in trouble here.

The economics are complicated and benefit the powerful. The longer it goes on the more entrenched the system. I do not know what the answers are but like all complicated issues the solutions if any will be equally as complicated.

johnlack

[quote=”Scott”]I have a wide variety of rants “in the can” – or in my brain – just waiting “for just the right moment to publish!”

Hypocrisy fascinates me …

Scott[/quote]

So just come out and admit you’re a hypocritical anti-semite. It’s easy!!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Well that’s certainly an original statement JohnLack…

The interview American journalist Amy Goodman did with Israeli politician and activist Shulamit Aloni explains how she – and clearly you – believe the charge of antisemitism is used to suppress criticism of Israel…

Amy Goodman:

“Yours is a voice of criticism we don’t often hear in the United States. Often when there is dissent expressed in the United States against policies of the Israeli government, people here are called anti-semitic. What is your response to that as an Israeli Jew ?”

Shulamit Aloni:

“Well, it’s a trick, we always use it. When from Europe somebody is criticizing Israel, then we bring up the Holocaust. When in this country people are criticizing Israel, then they are anti-Semitic. And the organization is strong, and has a lot of money, and the ties between Israel and the American Jewish establishment are very strong and they are strong in this country, as you know. And they have power, which is OK. They are talented people and they have power and money, and the media and other things, and their attitude is “Israel, my country right or wrong”, identification. And they are not ready to hear criticism. And it’s very easy to blame people who criticize certain acts of the Israeli government as anti-Semitic, and to bring up the Holocaust, and the suffering of the Jewish people, and that is justify everything we do to the Palestinians.”

Sure is easy eh John?

johnlack

You miss the whole point Scott. I am “generally” a supporter of Israel, although the last several years I believe the government has pursued a profoundly wrong political strategy, which certainly will not lead to any kind of lasting peace and had egregiously infringed on the human rights of the Palestinians. Similarly many Arab countries have silenetly but tacitly wlecomed this, as it gives them a continued “target” which they leverage with their domestic populations while maintaining ruthless oppression at home.

However this is somewhat irrelevant; the point Scott, is twofold.

1. We live in an increasingly complex world. There is very rarely an “OBE” (One Big simple Explanation) for most events/phenomena. There are often two (or more) sides to most arguments, and presented fairly and reasonably, anyone with an IQ even approaching triple digits can make up their own minds. You continually present one-sided, idealogically-based arguments, quote them as facts (a Jewish pope?????), and rarely invoke context, nuance or counter-argument. In short, your “rants” (self-described) are simplistic to the point of being almost childish.

2. Totally out of context, you use the pretext of “[i]Several Countries including CR sue Georgia[/i]” to attack Israel. Sure plenty of bad things happen in Israel. Plenty of bad things happen in Scotland. In Ireland. In England. In lots of other countries. However the continual invocation of anti-Israeli, anti-semitic diatribes by yourself, totally out of context in the forum (reminder of the name: [b]Costa Rica [/b]Living Forum) does paint you somewhat into a “labeled box.” I am not even including in this your conspiracist outlook on the world, which I must say has grown over the years (Obama as non-US citizaen, Wall Street Crash etc etc.)

There is a difference between being anti-Israeli policy, and anti-semitic. However, and unfortunately I would include you very much in this camp, many people don’t know where the boundary lies, and frankly you probably don’t care that much (the latter statement of which is speculative on my part).

You would be more honest with yourself if you started another forum, label it “General Conspiracist & Anti-Israel ‘living’ Forum”, there you could spout off your idealogical nonsense in the happy company of other conspiracists and assorted anti-semites.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.