Several countries including CR sue Georgia

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Several countries including CR sue Georgia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    sbw1977
    Participant

I wouldn’t have posted this, but C.R. was on the list. How many of these countries would let you drop in and work and use public resources with or with out documentation. Just curious.

http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/mexico-several-other-countries-978195.html?cxtype=rss_georgia-politics-elections

waggoner41

Much depends on how the law is written. Arizona’s original legislation had to be amended to comply with constitutional issues and this may be no different.

T will wait and see what the courts determine when all is said and done. Certainly Costa Rica faces some of the same issues with the Nicas.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Ah! The Anti-Defamation League

Do you not think it’s somewhat hypocritical that the ADL (who’s goal is “… to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all”) should be supporting more immigration and cultural diversity within the USA when non-Jewish immigration, cultural diversity and “fair treatment to all” is exactly what the Jews do NOT support in their own country, Israel?

Remember the Arab guy in Jerusalem who met a Jewish woman through a dating service and lied saying he too was Jewish? Clearly there was not much cultural diversity here since she couldn’t tell the difference between a Jewish man and an Arab man.

They had CONSENSUAL sex – and there’s no argument about that even from her – but after she found out he was Arab, she filed a criminal complaint and they sentenced him to 18 months in prison. Now that’s “fair treatment to all” eh?

More importantly, as you probably know everyone becoming a citizen of Israel is now required to pledge their loyalty to the Jewish and democratic state of Israel.

I wonder what the Jews in Mexico would say if Mexico passed a law that required all Jews becoming citizens to pledge their loyalty to the Catholic Republic of Mexico?

costaricabill
    Participant

Maybe I am off base here Scott, but you are the one who generally admonishes us to “stay on subject” Your rant looks and reads a bit like something that has been “in the can” for some time waiting for just the right moment to publish!

Just tonight, driving back from Camaronal to Carillo to Samara, I was stopped at a routine police road block for absolutely no traffic infraction – the police just wanted to check my passport, my wife’s passport and make sure we were not over the 90-day limit. We are not, but that never came up as we are both “en tramite” and have a file number.

But please tell me, how can CR protest or file against or join in a lawsuit against Arizona or Florida or Georgia or any other state when they allow and do EXACTLY the same thing?

How is it different when the have “no fault” road blocks set up all over the country?

Andrew
    Keymaster

I have a wide variety of rants “in the can” – or in my brain – just waiting “for just the right moment to publish!”

Hypocrisy fascinates me …

Scott

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”Scott”]I have a wide variety of rants “in the can” – or in my brain – just waiting “for just the right moment to publish!”

Hypocrisy fascinates me …

Scott[/quote]

Rants, doomsday scenarios and conspiracy theories . . . Do you ever sleep?

Andrew
    Keymaster

And we’ve never, ever seen examples of “conspiracy theories” turning out to be facts, right David?

The #1 source of outrageous conspiracies is our politicians, “public servants” and “leaders” fabricating scenarios and lying to fool and control us – the people to do what they want us to do…

Ever read Smedley Butler’s book ‘War Is A Racket’?

Butler was one great American hero who received 16 medals doing what he thought was the right thing to so, five of which were for heroism. Free download at: [ http://www.archive.org/download/WarIsARacket/WarIsARacket.pdf ]

But he woke up one day…

“I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class thug for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902–1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.”

I do sleep but I am a very intense and focused individual.

Scott

waggoner41

[quote=”Scott”]Ah! The Anti-Defamation League [/quote]

Scott ~ comparing the ADL to the Israeli government is like comparing apples and oranges. Every nation has an innate desire to protect its own citizens while the ADL is an American organization somewhat like the ACLU.

As I said in my previous post, Costa Rica faces much the same concerns in regard to the Nicaraguans who come here illegally and have the same use of social programs here. The Nicas do relatively more harm here than the Hispanics in the U.S., against whom this law is supposedly primarily directed, in taking employment from the Ticos. The situation in the U.S. is quite different in that the Hispanic who are working illegally in jobs that many citizens feel are beneath them due to the low pay and back breaking labor.

Much more than most Americans I have lived among and worked beside Hispanics, both legal and illegal, have conversed with them and understand their plight. Many of those who are illegal were listening and looking north to a wealthy nation with jobs available to those willing to work at what we considered low wages and harder work than the average. Much of agricultural Hispanic America lives in dire poverty hit hard by NAFTA with its cheap, government supported agricultural products imported from the U.S.

These people were lied to about the U.S. immigration policies by the Coyotes who enrich themselves by moving them north illegally. They are primarily poorly educated and ill informed.

While I don’t condone illegal immigration I know nothing about this new Georgia law. We did see the Arizona law, written in haste and with little thought, amended to address constitutional concerns.

I’ll wait and see what falls out.

sprite

While sovereign governments have an obligation to protect their borders, this stinks of deliberate distraction. The elitists use this tactic successfully often. This particular one is used on right wingers to keep them busy chasing after scapegoats while the banksters finish up looting the nations wealth. There are a lot of desperate people on both sides of every border these days. Divide and conquer is a powerful tool.

In order to support the Israeli tyranny and oppression, you have to be a bible thumping moron anxiously waiting for the second coming, one of the elitist minion, an israeli fanatic or a simpleton who simply buys into the official line. I am still waiting, after 5 years for Scott to write something with which I can disagree.

aguirrewar

Only in America (USA) can you have both ways. No illegals allowed to cross the border from Mexico but the US sends thousands of weapons illegaly to Mexico to the drug cartels which have killed thousands every year.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/09/arsenal-found-in-mexico-contains-guns-from-us-probe/

What a way to [u]Fight the War on Drugs[/u]. One side against and another helping the Cartels.

Tell you something; without the migrant Mexican workers there would be a lot os states that would not survice because they are the ones that pick the agricultural harvests. Oranges, strawberries, Avocados, Tomatoes, and more than 80% of the vegetables you buy at the store.

I can bet my house that if 1,000 “white” Protestants landed in Plymouth Rock in a Mayflower “Part 2” scenario. Congress would grant them an immediate amnesty.

Same thing in Costa Rica with the Nicas.

And even WORSE with the situation in Israel and the Palestine people.

The worst part is that WE KNOW what is happening and allow it by electing the same corrupt politicians, over and over, again and again.

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”sprite”]
    In order to support the Israeli tyranny and oppression, you have to be a bible thumping moron anxiously waiting for the second coming, one of the elitist minion, an israeli fanatic or a simpleton who simply buys into the official line. I am still waiting, after 5 years for Scott to write something with which I can disagree.[/quote]

OMG, Sprite the Heathen returns!
    Sprite, what Temple do you attend?

vzayas

Let me delete your forum from my bookmarks. Nasty and stupid.

maravilla

it only sounds nasty and stupid if you believe what you’ve been told most of your life by the media, politicians, big pharma, big oil, big argi, and Mad Ave. those people are really nasty — they will do anything to make a buck, even if the buck you gave them for a product may eventually kill you (i.e., statin drugs and Round-Up to name just two things!). i agree with sprite. the more i know, the more i wish i knew nothing. uninformed people are much happier and less stressed! and some of these things only sound like a conspiracy theory if you don’t really know the truth. Watch the 4-part documentary “The Century of the Self”– it’s online. You will see how society was manipulated to do whatever “they” wanted you to do and the vehicle was advertising, which is really a form of brainwashing.

Andrew
    Keymaster

“Here is the deal. What if news is controlled. What if, even the “best of it” is nothing but lying propaganda, lies built on lies?

What if every decision you made, your ideas about America, your ideas about truth, your votes, even who you think you are, we are, is based on bare faced lies so convoluted, so evil, so wild and distorted that you might eventually feel you have spent your life as a character in a Matrix movie?

Then, then you would finally begin to understand.”

Quotation above from Gordon Duff. “Popeye” History: Enslaving a Generation

[ http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/06/18/popeye-history-enslaving-a-generation/ ]

maravilla

here’s where my eyes glaze over: any time anyone mentions the name of Robert Faurisson, i stop listening. this guy is a neo-nazi and one of the big holocaust deniers, saying point blank that there were no death camps, gas chambers, etc. and that all those millions of people died from natural causes. and more importantly proffers the hypothesis that there were only 800,000 people who died, not 6 mill. revisionist history is a dangerous path. i’ve done too much research on the holocaust to believe any other version than the one that survivors told or the version that the Nazis themselves documented in exact statistics compiled with the help of IBM punchcard computers. don’t believe everything you think.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.