Scott,thanks for your invitation to post

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Scott,thanks for your invitation to post

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    maravilla

Bill, Bill, Bill, to equate ANYTHING that happens on this forum with the suppression of information during the Third Reich is just a bit of a stretch, don’t you think? And yes, it was offensive, but part of what you have always done in your posts is to defelct the focus from you and the questions other members have asked you and manipulate words as though the more you repeat your mantra the more it makes it true, which is the very first premise of disinformation. And that is what you are doing now — you are telling me that making a reference to “suppression of information” on this site being tantamount to what the Nazis did was NOT distasteful, and your defense of your statement is that you are Jewish, which does what – give you license to make such ludicrous statements?! Come onnnnnnnnn. Please, in the future, leave the Nazis and their greivous acts out of your reference to this site. Oh, and it wasn’t just that comment that miffed my friends — it was the entire tenor of your postings which were basically temper tantrums that portrayed you in a very unflattering light — hardly the image one wants to have of an executive for a land development company with whom they may one day invest.

William Gale

marvella,

You are proving my point once again. Black no white . Yes no. I don’t care what you think. I have my point of view ,I express myself and then I am asked to explain the explanation. You have a wonderful time say whatever you please. I won’t waste my time with you. If you don’t believe what I say you are certainly entitled to that opinion and I am Certainly entitled to mine. Don’t tell me what I meant to say when I have already said it. My talking henceforth will be done on my website. Fight with that if you like.

Edited on Jul 15, 2006 14:13

Edited on Jul 15, 2006 14:15

maravilla

And you have proven my point, Bill, and that is that your posts speak for themselves no matter how you try to twist it all around.

Andrew
    Keymaster

We will indeed set the record straight and you will stop saying the article was put out by “bank regulators.” It obviously was not, they are very much more carefully with their ‘allegations.’.

The article you quote from is NOT from “bank regulators”, it is from a man who writes for his own site and who had previously been thrown off the island of Bermuda for sensational reporting about different companies, my former employer included.

If you are going to quote your sources, please get the source correct.

And again, **Since I was never involved with that bank, whatever they did has absolutely nothing to do with me… **

Scott Oliver
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

William Gale

Scott,
    If the information that was previously posted was incorrect then I owe you more than a simple I’m sorry.

Let me publically state for the record how deeply sorry I am very any pain this may have caused you. I hope you will forgive me. No excuses given if I’m wrong I’m wrong.
    As strange as it may sound perhaps one day when I am in Costa Rica we might meet face to face and settle our differences. I sincerely hope will accept my apology.

Bill Gale

Andrew
    Keymaster

If someone reads those comments in that ‘article’ very quickly they might understand it in the same way that you did Mr. Gale however, as you have probably realized by now, that same ‘news’ source includes other sensational headlines about people like United States Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton & Governor George Pataki who supposedly “teamed up with suspected fraudster Jerry C. Nims whose Bermuda-based business failures have cost investors millions of dollars.”

And you will also find Senator Bob Dole mentioned as “caught up in a criminal investigation into an alleged fraud.” You might note the ever present words – ‘suspected’ and ‘alleged’. I don’t believe that Senators Bob Dole or Hillary Clinton have since been convicted of fraud.

I don’t have a problem being associated with people like Senator Bob Dole but, I am not comfortable in the same company as Senator Hillary Clinton.

I have no idea what happened to any of those banks mentioned, if anything but, I think we can all recognize the fact that if I had actually been involved in a “massive bank fraud” – incredibly serious offence – I would not be a free man today!

But I am free, as free as a bird because I was not involved and I’m loving living here in this wonderful little big country called Costa Rica.

Let us move forward and try to continue with more constructive dialogue that will benefit our VIP Members who are obviously interested in many things to do with Costa Rica real estate.

Scott Oliver
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Here’s an organizational psychologist’s take on the subject. In order to establish my credentials, please let me tell you that my field is industrial/organizational psychology (psychology as it relates to organizations and business) and that I teach this in college, develop programs for college, and do private consulting in the field and have been doing these since 1982.

This group is akin to a close-knit family and Scott is the father-figure. In other words, he’s the leader of the group. Even if the family isn’t close-knit, attacking one member, rightly or wrongly, will generally bring down the wrath of the rest; attacking the leader will generally make functioning with any other member of that family pretty much impossible in the future. It’s sometimes possible to attack another member and survive well, but certainly not the leader. Just think of what often happens in a dysfunctional family; even in this situation attacking the father will generally bode ill for the attacker.

The reason that companies have softball teams and bowling leagues isn’t that they’re fun; it’s in order to cement the group. Any threat from the outside (you vs. us mentality) will cause the group to pull closer together — against the outsider. There’s a group here and there’s a *perceived* threat from the outside (outside of those who view this group as a family of sorts). Perception is everything; reality makes not a bit of difference.

So, by your attacking Scott, you’ve caused the rest of the group to circle their wagons around him. There are ways of getting points across in such situations, but attacking the leader isn’t one of them; it’s extremely counter-productive.

I don’t want to get into a debate and so I’m going to request that you give any reply you wish to this. We’ll each have had our say and that will be the end; I won’t respond unless asked an academic question by someone.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Fascinating background… I very much appreciate your insightful comments MarilynSunshine but I think we’ve come to a logical conclusion to this now …

Scott Oliver

My apologies to the group and to the individuals involved. I’d been writing my comments since yesterday and didn’t check well enough before posting to realize that the subject had been put to bed. Point well taken, Scott!

dkt2u

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you Marilyn. Psychologist typically over annalyze a situation, actions, or conversation. Scott was more than capable of defending himself, and has done a fine job, and very few members of the forum circled the wagons as you say. That is not to say the members to not like and respect Scott. It simply did not happen the way you are trying to analyze it. If you have followed this forum as well as others in regards to Mr. Gale and his company you would know that the attacks or disagreements are with Mr. Gale and not a rallying of the troups in defense of Scott.

One of my problems with most psychologist is pointed out in your own statement of “Perception is everything; reality makes not a bit of difference” This is definitely true of the typical psychologist, but in this instance Marilyne, reality has everything to do with what has transpired here. It’s not rocket science and is not a case study in group mentality.

In regards to company softball teams and bowling leagues, those are almost always organized by an individual employee who enjoys organizing such activities and have nothing to do with the company organizing them to “cement the group”.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Hmmm . . . dkt2u, can you direct us to the data on the incidence of employee-organized vs. company-organized teams? My perception is exactly the opposite of yours.

And, by the way, how can you tell what “reality” has transpired here aside from whatever you can discern from your own perceptions? You’re welcome to argue any position you care to, but to discount the filter of your own perceptions is to somehow attribute an absolute value to your own experience, an absolute truth. How do you know, in absolute terms, that your understanding of events is accurate?

senta

To Marilyn Sunshine
    I once did some decorating for a psychologist with same name in Queens late 70’s. Are you the one?

‘Fraid not, Senta. I called CT home. 🙂

dkt2u

David, I take anyone’s so called data with a grain of salt. Many statistics, surveys, and polls, etc. are taken in a manner, or worded in such a way to favor the outcome the writer wants. In regards to company softball teams and bowling leagues I am speaking from personal experience in organizing such teams and leagues for many years and enteracting with the other team organizers. Reality is what it is and in this case the reality is the exchanges back and forth on this and other forums regarding Mr. Gale’s company. It’s not complicated and we don’t need a psychologist to twist things around and analyze something that simply isn’t there. I don’t discount the credentials or the fact that Marilyn has helped probably countless individuals through her field of expertise. My gripe is the psycho babble explanations of things when it is not warranted. I know it’s hard for a psychologist to realize, or some of the wanna be psychologist to realize, but most areas of life are just not as complicated as you make them out to be. Of course though, if you aren’t able to convince people that they need your psycho analysis then you have wasted a lot of years of schooling. In this particular thread there were very few exchanges in the bulk of the thread other than those between Scott and Mr. Gale.

There was no rallying of the group to defend Scott here, which was the whole pretext of Marilyn’s psycho analysis. So you asked what the reality is…….well the reality is Marilyn analyzed something in her own mind, something that never actually took place. Why does a psychologist do this?…….now there is an interesting case study and analysis.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.