Scott,thanks for your invitation to post

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Scott,thanks for your invitation to post

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    William Gale

Will all of the readers of this VIP Forum please Google
    Scott Oliver Cayman Islands.

What do you think of Scott and his background and credability and trustworthiness now?

It’s time for you to defend yourself.

rankingee

Just want to make sure that this information is accurate and true. Although it doesn’t have alot to do with sharing information regarding Costa Rica, I do believe that those involved in any realestate or financial concerns should be open to sharing their backgrounds as well as any documented legal problems they have been involved in. And just to clear things up and for my own interest, I spoke a number of months ago with a builder in Costa Rica who made the statement that Scott’s Security and Exchange Commision (SEC) licensed was revoked in the US. Is there any truth to this?

senta

I for one have no problem with Scott’s credibility (not credability) I also do not understand why are you so obsessed to argue your case in this forum when it’s been proven over and over again that those methods of luring clients to purchase properties in your “Land Developments” are not exactly “kosher”. What I read about your background in other forums besides this one is everything else but certain, you are not wearing a clean jacket! Even, if I would have the money, I would not make a down payment on a plot without seeing it first and also checking all appropriate documents and a complete background check of the company that I would be dealing with. After all, who would walk into a store and pay first without seeing the merchandise? Do I see a slight paranoid behaviour in all your persistent e-mails?

William Gale

If the number of articles are correct… (and why would the regulators lie) Massive bank Fraud,Misrepresentation to regulators and outright fraud has a lot to do with dealing with the public and givig financial advice on stocks,bonds,banking real estate or handling customer funds in any manner should be put in question and be great cause for conern. You must you Agree.
    A great deal of money was lost and many customers were defrauded.

Your responses given to the regulators were outright lies and evasive as they quote in the articles.

ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IS SIMPLY WHITEWASHING THE FACTS.

I await your respnse Scott. Not the one you gave to the regulators or the companies you advertised that disavowed any knowledge or affiliation
    with you as you represented on your website ( now removed) offshoreoliver.com.

Please tell us the regulators who accussed you of all of this activity of bilking clients out of their money and fraud were incorrect.

Maybe you left the Cayman Islands for that reason and left the business?

William Gale

Senta,
    If you wish to discuss sales practices discuss with Scott the regulators already have. They were very Clear on what they found. If you don’t believe that this man has done anything wrong that’s your opinion not that of the authorities. It’s important if you provide financial advice or hold yourself to be an expert.

The articles clearly show what kind of an expert Scott is. Don’t you think.

As to why I argue my case in this forum. Ask Scott he has berated my company either himself or those affiliated with him. We don’ ask people to check we encourage it. If you knew what you were saying it might help.

I am willing to put my credibility up against this type of backgound all day long.

Edited on Jul 14, 2006 14:31

William Gale

Someone just called me and asked to be more specific about the article. Let me make it simple. go to:

http://www.kycnews.com/Documents/storyfibg.htm.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Dear, dear dear! With all the time you spend in our forum Mr. Gale, it’s amazing you found the time build those four houses over the last two years

Thanks for the seven year old gossip. You might want to read the following article that’s been available on my website for a very long time. It’s called ‘Scott Oliver’s ‘Alleged’ Bank & Slanderous Allegations.’

You can read it at

You will clearly see that the founder of that bank sent an email letter of apology to my employer’s corporate attorneys Quin & Hampson in the Cayman Islands in January 1999 stating that “Mr. Oliver’s name should have never been used in any advertising.” You can find a copy of that letter in my article…

Anybody can contact the NASD in the USA to confirm my securities licenses, training and work experience in the USA, or contact the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority who will confirm that no action of any kind was ever taken against me and by all means contact the local equivalent of the SEC in Costa Rica which is the SUGEVAL – Superintendencia General de Valores.

In doing this investigation with these authorities, you would see that:

1. Scott Oliver has NEVER, EVER been involved with any criminal activities by any regulator anywhere in the world with regards to his work as a professional investment advisor and NEVER had problems with any regulators – I’ve never evn met one!

2. And rankingee I can assure you that A: I have NEVER had a problem with any securities regulator and B: My securities license in the USA was never “revoked” but again, all this type of information is checkable online.

3. In fact, you will discover that there has NEVER, EVER been a formal complaint of any kind ever filed against Scott Oliver by any of his clients in his entire 20+ year career as a professional investment advisor and until today, nobody has ever accused me of “bilking clients out of their money and fraud.”

And I took my old offshore website down sure so what? It’s an old business!

And now after threatening me and ‘thinking’ you have scored big points finding new news when it’s ancient, will that somehow magically make all the numerous negative comments about your company on many other Costa Rica forums disappear? Will it somehow remove articles about your former project or, remove articles from the internet that feature people that you have been involved with in the past?

No it won’t!

As you know, the most negative commentary about your former colleague with his very serious legal problems and your former association with Lehigh Acres did not originate from me or this site and they are publicly available for anyone to see.

As you are also aware Mr. Gale, I am not the person that wrote that article about your former project listed under the heading ‘When Land Scams Become Boom Towns – The Case of Lehigh Acres, Florida’ which has been available or many years. If you so have a serious problem with the facts in that article may I suggest you contact the authors Professor Hubert B. Stroud and William M. Spikowski in the USA. All that appeared on my site were certain points taken from that report which were posted by a VIP Member in our Discussion Forum

You are a very regular contributor to our Discussion forum so it should not be surprising that our VIP Members will ask you questions and you might note that the article by Professor Hubert B. Stroud and William M. Spikowski was posted by one of our VIP Members and not by me personally, I do not know this person.

There is no “continuous attack” but there is obviously continuous dialogue because people see your extensive marketing and they post in many different forums in Costa Rica, not just WeLoveCostaRica.com This posting was made by one of our VIP Members in our Discussion Forum. Should you wish to stop people talking about you and your project, you would have to stop all your marketing. Either that, or, it would probably be more beneficial for you to respond to their questions in a prompt, civil manner without threatening them with legal action.

And again Mr. Gale, threatening me personally will probably not help you as Chairman of Paragon Properties to sell more land, in fact, it could be quite the opposite.

You may also wish to reviews the ‘Terms of Use’ of the WeLoveCostaRica.com website Mr. Gale which you can find at Section 8 clearly states that “When you post content in the WeLoveCostaRica.com forums, you permit this site to display and distribute the content, and to use it for advertising and promotion. You grant to this site the complete, perpetual, but non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, sub-license, etc. the content in whole or in part, throughout the world and universe, on a royalty-free basis.

We do not try to edit or to monitor messages posted on this site’s forums, but WeLoveCostaRica.com has the right to edit or remove objectionable postings. The person posting a message is solely responsible for it, not WeLoveCostaRica.com. Violators may be permanently banned from using the forums, or even have their subscriptions terminated.”

Have a nice weekend

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

William Gale

Sounds like a threat to me. Terminate my subscription then who I might ask would you pursue next?
    I didn’t find the information. I have had it for several years and you are aware of that. The last thing I wanted was to expose you for what you are. I thought you would stop. Even your alliies perhaps find it difficult to imagine. And I don’t need to “score points” with you,I simply need to point out your infamous background to those who might be new to this forum. The seven pages don’t clear you of anything they say that you were and are guilty and that is why you don’t deal in securities in the United States. They clearly say you attempted to mislead regulators when asked certain questions and were non responsive .Don’t you find it strange that your love for Costa Rica Blossomed shorly after the bank SCAM when you hastily departed the Cayman Islands. Your misuse of corporate names and other allegations still don’t appear to have been settled. Maybe I misread the number of times your name Scott Oliver was mentioned. Maybe they just like the way it looked in print. I was impressed with how they described your supposed background as a director of a fictitious bank on your resume. No I’m wrong they mention numerous misrepresentations.

Once again you attempt to misdirect the conversation. This time it is about you and your past and you cannot casually dismiss this with flippant remarks.

I haven’t been busy building homes,that’s true. I’ve been busy installing millions of dollars worth of roads,water sytems and preperation for building as legally required by Costa Rican law. In that manner we can build several hundred custom built ,beatifully designed homes.
    Look carefully at my website and attempt to dispute what I say.. YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN’T
    As it relates to no action against you you might want to reread the article
    the authorities seem to have a different story. That’s your life, you have to live with what you did in what was called a MASSIVE BANK SCAM not by me but the agenciies who investigated you.

I’m sure, as some early posts indicate some will say they don’t care, they believe in you. Lambs are always lead blindly to the slaughter. Misplaced loyalty is a mistake. I would expect you to work at a higher standard then you have exhibited so far.

You , all of you had better be concerned with someone who provides financial advice while at the same time encourages others to besmearch the charater of
    myself and my company.
    It is a great game he plays you have all seen it played on the streets of any major city. The “shell game” it’s misdirection at it’s best and Scott as evidenced by the article, is an expert.

People who attmpt to provide the type of advice you say you are good at Scott should be prepared to disclose constantly and clearly one’s background.

YOU DO BELIEVE IN FULL AND FAIR DISCLOSURE DON’t YOU SCOTT ?

If you do that’s good because so far my experience with you is quite to the contrary.
    I am truly sorry to all of the readers of this forum except one. This must annoy some of you but it is not fair when you are the moderater and prosecuter as Scott has been for the last two years. I and my company have done nothing wrong,to the contrary we have complied with all the laws imposed on us by all the agencies in Costa Rica.

I have a large number of people who depend on my company for employment (Costa Ricans) and Scott’s attacks (for reasons unknown to me) have been without stop.
    What’s the agenda… it doesn’t matter, all my my facts are posted on my website and anyone is welcome to go to my office in San Jose or to go and look at my developments. I work to hard to be slandered by someone with your very colorful background.
    Come out come out wherever you are, tell the truth better yet why don’t you print on your site the article I refer to ( if you wish to read go to Google and type in Scott Oliver Cayman Islands). It’s long but I assure you worth reading.

Scott if you are confident the the article says other then what I have stated print it here on your site,clear up this mess,prove me wrong,that’s fine. Don’t select paragraghs, the entire article. IF YOU DON’T MAYBE WHAT I SAY IS THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. IF YOU DON’T PRINT IT THAT SAYS EVEN MORE. SPIN YOUR WAY OUT OF THIS.

William Gale
    Chairman of the Board
    Paragon Properties of Costa Rica

Edited on Jul 14, 2006 21:55

Edited on Jul 14, 2006 21:57

dkt2u

The real issue here Mr. Gale is the majority of the people simply do not like your style of doing business. Some, based on personal experience question your integrity in fullfilling the promises you and your company make. You and your company are the only ones responsible for perpetuating the reputation you now have. There are plenty of people obviously willing to put money down with your company without ever seeing the property for themselves. While you graciously offer for anyone and everyone to come and visit your projects, the high pressure sales tactics of your associates badger people to invest before seeing. That is foolish on their part and is something that no intelligent investor should ever do, and I doubt you would ever do yourself. What is on this forum is but a small portion of statements by people disatisfied with your company, your level of customer service, and follow through on your companies promises. Yes, many are uninformed and just jumping on the “bash Paragon” band wagon, but many are people that have actually had dealings with your company and are passing on advice to people based on how they were treated. Again, you have no one but yourselves to blame for the reputation you now have. If you and your company are as legitimate as you claim, then the best thing for you to do is follow through on your commitments and fullfill the promises you and your associates make to investors. Arguing on this forum like a highschool kid, basically yelling back and forth “I know you are, but what am I” does nothing to defend your company, and does nothing to change peoples opinions of you and your company. Action Mr. Gale, and only action on your part will convince people otherwise.

William Gale

thank you for your comments. I simply refer you to our website to see what we have done for yourself. it does a much better job then I can.

jrego

dkt2u. Well said!

Edited on Jul 15, 2006 07:00

Andrew
    Keymaster

It would appear that you did not read the faxed letter to our company’s attorneys by the founder of that bank that clearly states “Mr. Oliver’s name should have never been used in any advertising.”

**Since I was never involved with that bank, whatever they did has absolutely nothing to do with me… **

You have now publicly accused me in writing in this forum of a variety of criminal activities:

1. “Massive bank fraud”
    2. “Outright fraud”
    3. “…customers were defrauded.”
    4. “…bilking clients out of their money”

You may be familiar with the expression – ‘innocent until proven guilty’ which means that I do not need to prove you wrong. After you Mr. Gale have made numerous accusations against me personally in writing in a public forum – it is you that must prove that I have been found “guilty” (your words) of these offences.

Since there is always an official record kept by regulators and courts when people are convicted of these horrendously serious offences – and we are talking about alleged events that occurred in 1999 – it should be very easy for you to find lots of written proof, perhaps even tell us all which prison I am sitting in while I type this?

The definition of slander according to the American Webster’s dictionary: “Words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another.”

Since you have now brought our little ‘discussion’ to a whole new, level said the spider to the fly, here’s what you are going to do:

You will not be allowed to continue to make numerous, false accusations against me personally – which I have not done against you – and, you will not be allowed to post dozens of different posts all related to the same topic.

Until you can provide written proof in writing from a law enforcement or any governmental agency, a court or a securities regulator, a reputable newspaper that states that I was found “guilty” (your words) of any of the four very serious offences that you accuse me of – this topic will not be discussed any further.

Lastly, I would encourage you to choose your words very carefully Mr. Gale, your atrocious spelling can be forgiven but, as you know from making numerous threats against others, the law does not allow anyone, even a ‘grandpa’ to make numerous, false accusations against anyone.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

maravilla

I was not going to comment on this recent situation and the baseless accusations Mr. Gale was throwing around, UNTIL he tried to equate Scott’s moving of his posts to what happened in Nazi Germany. I found that comment vile and offensive and a cheap and dirty shot. Obviously, Mr. Gale, you did not lose anyone in a concentration camp. My family did. And to equate childish bickering to a Nazi regime was where you crossed over the line. I sent that entire thread to a Jewish friend of mine who was *thinking* about looking at one of your projects. They will look elsewhere now — not because of anything Scott said, or anything that anyone else said, but because of WHAT YOU SAID, Mr. Gale. You shot yourself in the foot. Have a nice day.

William Gale

Scott,
    Let’s set the record straight. I have not accused you of anything . I quoted from the article the bank regulators put out about you. Their comments not mine. The words are there for anyone who wishes to read them. I have nothing further to add. If you wish to prove them wrong please do so. If your name was inadvertantly included in the article I have no responsability for that. If you read my comments more carefully you would find that as I have been questioned as to my background and credentials I was simply questioning the article written about you. The allegations are very sreious in nature. My intent I believe was very clear.
    The article clearly states that “IEB bank is the same bank that offshore financial services salesman Scott Oliver claimed to be on the board of advisors”. Again the article quotes as follws …Another lie is IEB’s claim on it’s website that is is a subsidiary of Northstar Funds, a publically-traded company on the Cayman Stock Exchange”. I am sure you know this very extensive article better than I.

I will have no further comments on this or any other matters related to you or your forum. If people wish to read it that is entirely up to them.It is not my aricle and I make no claims that are not stated in the article.

There is certainly no question in my mind and perhaps it is the only thing you and I will agree upon is that we are all innocent until proven otherwise.

William Gale

Marvella,
    My comment should not have been distastful I was referring to the suppression of information. It may not be important to you but my heritage is. I am more respectful of those issues then you might imagine. I am very proud of my heritage but this is not the issue. As it relates to my comments about Mr. Oliver I was referring to an article written about him. They are not my words. As far as the childish bickering. You most of all have been involved in some this youself. I don’t pick fights with the people on this or any other site.
    When all of you bring into question my company,my background and my ability to deliver I have the right,like any businessman to defend myself. You will have to agree with that.

Not one thing has ever been said by you or some others as to the major improvements we are making in our developments. You question my methods so be it. If your friends, Jewish or not wish to look elsewhre that is certainly up to them. I am a Jew and lost many friends and family members in Germany and Poland. Please do not attempt to preach to me. It wasn’t only the Jews who were persucuted. It was all of the civilized world. My comments once again were related to the suppression of my comments to Scott. That type of activity cannot be acceptable to anyone. If this is truly a forum for discussion I have had my say. Many of you have had yours. If we disagree that’s fine but enough is certainly enough. But I appreciate just the same.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.