Satellite & Internet

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Satellite & Internet

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Peg

David,
    Can you get the NFL network there for the thursday night and sunday night games on Directv and Dish?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Peg,

On DishNetwork, with Dr. Dish’s equipment, you can get at least whatever is broadcast on the ESPN family of channels, and whatever is broadcast from New York City on ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. DishNetwork does not offer an add-on NFL package. I know you can get Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Football and I think (think) you can get the Thursday night game, but don’t hold me to it.

The company that used to provide DirecTV Latin America, with its source in Argentina, has changed its name and programming source. Now it’s called Sky TV and the programming comes from Mexico. I’m told that the overall programming mix is even worse for English-speakers than the old DirecTV Latin America’s was.

Dr. Dish’s DishNetwork access really is the way to go.

Peg

David,
    Thanks. That’s disappointing. The Thursday night games in the second half of the season were shown only on the NFL channel, and this year they are playing even more games on the NFL channel including weekend games, which won’t be shown on the networks or ESPN. Oh well, I guess I’ll have to get interested in the other Futbol.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Peg, don’t let me be a liar . . . go to http://www.dishnetwork.com and check for yourself to be sure that the NFL channels aren’t available.

The only hitch is that standard definition DishNetwork programming actually comes off two satellites which you can “see” from the ground in the U.S. with only one satellite dish. High definition programming comes off different satellite. Here in Costa Rica, you can only see satellite number 119 or number 110(I think it is), unless you have two dishes. Most of the good programming comes off satellite 119, so if the NFL packages comes off 110, you’d need the second dish. And if you want hi-def as well, you’d need a third. You’ll have to sort this out . . .

Or, as you say, you could learn to love the other futbol which is beyond me.

Edited on Jun 23, 2008 16:07

Edited on Jun 23, 2008 16:08

Peg

David,
    Muchos gracias, excellente informacion tan siempre.

Peg

David,
    I’m still learning espanol, and I made a mistake in yesterdays post. It should have been, Como siempre. Lo siento mucho!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Peg, I’m learning Spanish, too, but I don’t understand the difference. Could you please give us a few hundred words of explanation — in English?

Peg

David,
    No, and I probably never will be able to, no matter how much Spanish I learn. I should have started at a much younger age for it all to sink in. However, I have managed to drive around the country, ask directions, buy gas and food. What more do I need?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Just do what I do, Peg, shrug and smile.

sportpilot

SKY satellite service (http://www.sky.com.mx/centroamerica/) offers the NFL Network channel, and also NFL Sunday Ticket. I was able to purchase Sunday Ticket for this coming season for $81 (it’s up to $100 now I think).

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.