President Obomber Will Officially Propose Cuts To Social Security and Medicare.

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum President Obomber Will Officially Propose Cuts To Social Security and Medicare.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

It took longer than I had expected but …

In case you missed it in today’s [url=http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/05/us/social-programs-face-cutback-in-obama-budget.html]New York Times[/url]:

“President Obama next week will take the political risk of formally proposing cuts to Social Security and Medicare in his annual budget in an effort to demonstrate his willingness to compromise with Republicans and revive prospects for a long-term deficit-reduction deal, administration officials say.”

The thousands of retired U.S. citizens who are VIP Members of WeLoveCostaRica.com might also find this Robert Reich video interesting:

What exactly do you think that Senior Citizens would be able to do if Obomber and his corrupt political associates decide to steamroll this through?

Would love to hear your opinion …

Scott

PS. And no! It’s no longer April 1st…

davidd

there is really nothing to add

the american public en mass has exactly what it deserves

congratulations

VictoriaLST

Ok, back to the original topic.

I am all for cuts in SS. We need to look at “earned benefits” vrs. “unearned benefits”. Earned benefits – those you contributed to over time. Unearned benefits – ah, there is the problem. A child born with a disability (blind, deaf, spinal bifida)gets automatic SS benefits. Lets cut those. Drug addicts, alcoholics, can qualify for benefits. Lets cut that too.

There are lots of places to cut SS without hurting people who paid into the program over the years.

davidd

victoria

your right.. this is a problem that no one really talks about

i know people that have never worked on the books i9n thier lives.. always oof the books

yet

they get $1000 to $1500 per month in Social Security, $300 EBT and $700 welfare checks

how does one qualify for social security if they never paid into it???

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]Ok, back to the original topic.

I am all for cuts in SS. We need to look at “earned benefits” vrs. “unearned benefits”. Earned benefits – those you contributed to over time. Unearned benefits – ah, there is the problem. A child born with a disability (blind, deaf, spinal bifida)gets automatic SS benefits. Lets cut those. Drug addicts, alcoholics, can qualify for benefits. Lets cut that too.

There are lots of places to cut SS without hurting people who paid into the program over the years.[/quote]

sprite

While you guys are busy cutting benefits to illegal aliens and the handicapped and ill, let’s also cut all benefits to all ex military and all other ex government employees. How about that?

As far as I am concerned, any “work” done for the government is work done against the rest of us. From the soldier who murdered an entire family in Iraq to the civil servant who pushes paper all day to prolong this mess to the president of the country, they all have done and are doing harm to varying degrees. Why reward them?

Andrew
    Keymaster

They don’t need to touch SS or Medicare…

Few intelligent people believe the “War on Terror” or the ‘War on Drugs’ lies – the U.S. has no serious threat so what they do need to do is to bring ALL troops home, close the [url=http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/sep/14/ron-paul/ron-paul-says-us-has-military-personnel-130-nation/]900+ foreign military bases[/url] (not including dozens of secret torture sites) and use the money (trillions of dollars) that would be saved to focus on rebuilding the rapidly crumbling infrastructure in the US and you create MILLIONS of new jobs…

Will this happen? Of course not!

http://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/ estimates that the U.S. needs to invest $3.6 TRILLION to update infrastructure..

And did you know the [url=http://www.policymic.com/articles/21194/defense-department-operates-234-golf-courses-in-the-world-draining-millions-from-the-u-s-budget]U.S. military operates 234 golf courses around the world?[/url] Your hard earned tax dollars at work ….

Scott

VictoriaLST

Sorry, but I am…….wait, not sorry, I AM pro-military. Serving your country in the military is noble and honorable. There are bad apples everywhere, but lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]Ok, back to the original topic.

I am all for cuts in SS. Drug addicts, alcoholics, can qualify for benefits. Lets cut that too.

There are lots of places to cut SS without hurting people who paid into the program over the years.[/quote]

Victoria, if we cut benefits to alcoholics and the drug dependent (both of which groups have legitimate medical diagnoses), what percentage of retirees do you suppose would be removed from the SS roles?

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]Sorry, but I am…….wait, not sorry, I AM pro-military. Serving your country in the military is noble and honorable. There are bad apples everywhere, but lets not throw out the baby with the bathwater.[/quote]

As an ex-Royal Marines Commando (British Special Forces) I have a great deal of respect for the [i]individuals[/i] in the Armed Forces, most of whom genuinely believe they are doing a worthwhile job except, they believe that because they have believed the LIES (weapons of mass destruction that did NOT exist, yellow cake uranium, Islamofacists blah! blah! blah!) they are being told by their superiors, our politicians and our media.

In [b]legitimate defense[/b], I would agree that “serving your country in the military” is indeed “noble and honorable” but there is nothing legitimate, noble or honourable in our (US. UK and the dwindling “coalition”) intentions in Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran or the dozens of countries in Africa where “special forces” are operating…

The article at: [url=http://www.mediafreedominternational.org/2010/06/16/obama-secretly-deploys-us-special-forces-to-75-countries-across-world/]Obama Secretly Deploys US Special Forces to 75 Countries Across World[/url] is a little out of date so we can probably safely assume that the US, the UK and our Israeli “allies” have special forces in more than 75 countries now …

If Iran or China or Russia did that, it would not be called “noble and honorable”, it would be called terrorism and would be considered an act of war, but it’s 100% OK if the American, the British or the Israelis do it eh?

I’ll assume you’re OK with that too are you?

[img]https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/images/Defence_Spending.jpg[/img]

In 2011 the United States spent more on its military than the next 13 nations [u]combined[/u] and this is one of the main reasons your country is totally bankrupt.

You may be comfortable now being “pro-military” but I’m guessing that will change when that “defense spending” means you receive a smaller SS cheque each month …

Scott

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Tut, tut, Scott. If the U.S. takes military action, it must be right and honorable. Didn’t you learn nuthin’ in school? It’s only when the government takes some action that actually benefits some human being or another that it becomes the boogeyman.

jmcbuilder
    Participant

The US is completely corrupt and until this is stopped nothing will make sense. By the way after the war in Iraq Canada bought 10 million dollars worth of yellow cake from Iraq. Granted that’s a long way from a weapon. It was reported yesterday that JPMorgan is one of several corps that are administering food stamps, taking fees and expanding the rolls. Funny how another gift is presented to the banks.

VictoriaLST

Dave, retirees have paid into the program. I want to eliminate people with unearned benefits.

agarcia

Dear Snott
    I believe you spelt the President’s name incorrectly in your subject title.

You are welcome. 😉

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]Dave, retirees have paid into the program. I want to eliminate people with unearned benefits.[/quote]

So, when retirees have received as much as they paid in, you’d cut ’em off (unearned benefits, right?)?

VictoriaLST

Nope – the gubernament had plenty of time to take care of our money and promised a lifelong benefit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.