Perpetual tourist concerns

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Perpetual tourist concerns

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    diego

Yeah, profiteer, but with soul. If you are going to develop, you should develop with low density. I have taken some profits in my life, but not at the expense of the environment. Property is going to be developed and it should as people need housing, It is how its developed that is the question. Beach front wall to wall condos – Guanacaste style, Jaco High rises, the same in Manuel Antonio. That’s killing the goose that lays the golden egg.
    And by the way who is the “we” you are talking about, you and the mouse in your pocket. Better to be a profiteer with soul than a mouseketeer in soulless stucco box with a whitewater ocean view.

The world needs profiteers like me. I am a soul man.

Imxploring
    Participant

Dear Diego,

Got wrapped up in work and was unable to place my guess… but the “funky” cars things gave it away for me too! Of course it Cuba… post Fidel and company I’m assuming!

I’m sure there’s going to be great change… and the potential for profit for thoses willing to take the risk. The island is ripe… but with any change… there will be much pain. The welfare state that Fidel has run will be in for some BIG changes… and the mindset of the people will need to be changed. And all this will take time. Cuba is a beautiful place, the people are resourceful and hard working… but with 40 years of the current government policies as the only thing many Cubans know… it’s going to be a VERY interesting transistion… I wish you luck my friend!

terrycook

I am sorry but I do not understand all this talk about perpetual tourist stuff. If the law says you can go out for a few days and come back what is wrong and why is it a problem. If you live in Mexico you can come to the U.S. and apply for citizenship with out a single dime to your name…why does it cost $60,000 to get into C.R. and why says you can not go back and forth? It does not appear to be against any law or rule of the country. I am preparing to move to C.R. and fortunately have the 60 grand to put up but WHY
    Terry From Texas

diego

PT’s get a bad rap. It’s part of the western indoctrination syndrome. The good little follower thing.

Hey Terry, do I know you from casa Roland???

terrycook

Diego…I don’t think so I was in C.R. last year for 3 months Feb.Mar.Aprl part May.. on west coast…I live in Austin/San Antonio Texas. where is casa Roland?….I will be in C.R. in July for 5-6 months…found a 5 month airfare on Mex. Air…the cheapest I have found and most only for 3 months Max May just chuck it and stay for good.
    Terry From Texas

maravilla

Any creep can be a perpetual tourist — who’s to say what the criminal backgrounds of “some” PTs may be? If you apply for residency, you are vetted inside out so at least CR can make a decision as to whether they want you living in their country. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

deb

Do you have the name of the place you stay at for $28.00 per night in Panama?

terrycook

Marvavilla….too bad the U.S. does not have the guts to enforce such a law for all the illegal people coming to the U.S. and sucking us Dry! I for one am sick and tired of the stupid “stick their heads in the sand” Americans and the entire U.S. government for such blatant disreguard for the huge waste in all the illegal allians coming to this country.
    Terry From Texas

terrycook

hello deb. I have made arrangements for a hotel in Bocas Del Toro as suggested by others. I am not wanting to spend a bunch of money either but a place called Hotel Olas. “info@hotellolas.com” I have selected…it looks great and is $37.00 per night including taxes and breakfast. Not really cheap but looks very nice and fun. Also for the length of stay it really is not that much more over all. Looks like a fun and good trip.
    Terry From Texas.

Peg

CR is smart. They want to make sure the people that choose to legally live there, have enough money to live on. They can keep track of the rest, by their comings and goings every 90 days. At least they have an Immigration Policy that seems to work for the most part, instead of having 12 to 20 million illegal aliens, with no money, sucking up all of their resources.

terrycook

peg….boy ain’t that the truth. If the U.S. thinks they are so smart….. you are so right. We are sinking in debt because of the stupidity of the people and the greed of the politicians. We have become so fat, rich, lazy, and complacent(sp?) we just let the government lead us by our nose. It has to implode some time but I hope I get out before that happens.
    Terry From Texas

deb

I read in one of the books on Costa Rica that one can get their 90 day stay extended either by doing paperwork through Immigration Dept or simply go to a travel agency and they will file paperwork. Does anyone know anything about this?? The travel agency one sounds just toooo easy.

diego

Fortunately and unfortunately they have 500,000 Nicas burdening their resources.

Is say fortunately because in many areas of the San Jose Valley Tico no longer want domestic labor jobs, especially the young ones. So the Nicas happily fill them. Same in the US, except mostly with Mexies. No what we have to do to satisfy the labor requirement of our nation while not overburdening the system is so simple.

First: Fence the border. Any property owner needs a fence, period. Obama lost my vote last night when he said “I am not in favor of a Berlin Wall style fence.” Obama, the Berlin Wall separated a nation (Germany), last time I checked the map, US and Mex where still separate countries

Second: 90 days to get all illegal aliens registered. After that, the national guard goes state by state deporting anyone who has not registered and puts them in temporary chain link and tent camps along the border waiting to be deported.

Third: Registration payment becomes due. All who have registered need to pay for their processing and pay a yearly minimum tax, ahead of time just like you do with the BOE in California. Pay a portion of your estimated earning in tax.

Then we stop Mexicans from coming in completely because there are to many of them and open our visa quota to other nationals such as Indians Brazilians etc.

Regarding last night debates. Those who said to resume bilateral trade and get rid of NAFTA and withdraw from World Trade Organization were completely correct. It is killing the middle class. China is to blame for its slave labor practices.

Its funny the so called second tier candidates all had the most progressive and insightful responses. Clinton said “we balanced the budget 7 years ago.” And the guy from Alaska says “Yeah but you sacked Social Security to do it!”

The New Mexico governor was the best by far. Obama looked like a pretty boy with not much substance and Hilary looked like the cat that ate the mouse. As the front runner she was more concerned with what she didn’t say than what she said – which was to complain about Bush.

At least there was some idea being passed around. Although the front runner solidly proved they are more interested in themselves then their duty to the people.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.