People with unrealistic pipe dreams!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum People with unrealistic pipe dreams!

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Jerry

Paradise??? My property has no mortgage on it, and my utilities are fairly cheap. Even if all my other expenses match U.S. standards, I AM in paradise. No mortgage??? AAAAHHHH!!!!! SO glad I am not behind the 8-ball in the States. KISS is my prime rule (Keep It Simple Stupid, for you acronymn uninformed)

dominique

I’m not sure if living in Costa Rica is a pipe dream for my husband and me, but I am a bit shocked and dismayed to read that this forum is not for all kinds of people who may consider moving to CR. I read one post that pointed out CR problems of pollution, and children having to copy from scholl books because there were not enough to go around. I would like to point out that this is also the case in some public schools in Seattle, WA and most schools in Hattiesburg, MS. I have seen poverty in Mississippi that I believe is equal to (or in some cases worse than) that of CR (at least Ticos have access to basic medical).

I think it is great that a young couple is enjoying thier lives (regardless of where they are) and as a young person, I hope that I will be able to do the same in CR soon. I don’t have a bunch of money, my husband is an artist and I am a student, we own a small cafe in Mississippi, and would have to sell our home and business in order to make the move, but I’m not going to let all that stop me from moving to the one place that felt like home to me. If that means that I have to do without some of the material comforts in order to gain the comfort of living in a fair, stable country, with political & social views that are more in tune with my own, then so be it.

I just hope there will be some expats in CR to greet me who are less concerned with my financial status and more concerned with how much we both love our new home!

DavidCMurray
    Participant

The question of how you will support yourselves, legally or otherwise, remains.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

We were at the ARCR office this afternoon where we learned, among other things, that the pending legislation to increase income requirements for rentistas and pensionados is currently ninth on a list of ten priorities. Both the ARCR staff and our well-connected attorney are of the opinion that this may never again see the light of day.

Make of that whatever you will.

dominique

Well that is good news for us folks of modest means. DCM to answer your question, my husband will continue to create and sell art, we will live modestly from the interest income from our savings, and eventually I hope to find a job applying my PhD in economics at an NGO in CR.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.