Own corporation to establish residency

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Own corporation to establish residency

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Jerry

Gee Whiz…..

scottbenson

The reason the Edit was I lost my train of thought and had to edit it.
    How ever I do belive setting up a corporation and investing a small amoun of money just to get resedency is crazy and skirting the law.

This topic has been coming up more and more since people are trying to find their paradice but don’t want to play by the Tico rules!
    Kind of like the imigration issue in the states! The problem is CR is much smaller than the states and I don’t think the ticos would like the idea of becoming like Puerto Rico! Retirees are welcomed but if you don’t have the money to play by the rules than please stay home!

justin

I feel the original question was misunderstood. I don’t think anyone is asking about breaking laws or even skirting laws. If that person honestly loves Costa Rica and respects Costa Rica, and is following the advice given about setting up a coporation to buy, I don’t think they are trying to do anything under handed–the question was just about gaining residency status and how difficult that is. I have read many articles and websites about this question and I am still confused and I was hoping by reading this I would get some insight. I am building in Costa Rica and hope to eventually live there and definitely wnat to do it the correct way. I don’t understand anyone that would want to live in a country that they do not even respect the people, their customs, or their laws.

jennylynn

its about time someone actually understood the question.. instead
    of being provided resources to follow.. its bantering back and forth
    with false assumptions made …. yes why go to a country and invest
    if you do not like it…. why spend your hard earned money if you do not like the area… i like you wish they had spent energy trying to
    give input on experiences, references that one might actually have
    found thought provoking on a mature level worthy of pursuing..
    i emailed to cancel my membership i suggest you move along too

Andrew
    Keymaster

Justin – I can assure you that there are THOUSANDS of people here from the US that do NOT “respect the people, their customs, or their laws.”

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Andrew
    Keymaster

Phew!

jennylynn – Perhaps you could have asked your question in a clearer fashion instead of what looks like grammatical shorthand …

I hope you both speak fluent Spanish and develop some more patience because if you think you were misunderstood in an English language Discussion Forum, wait until you try “developing property using some local workers.. ”

Good luck!

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

anneliseped

Scott,

I hope you are wrong, but maybe they are a part of the same thousands that do not respect their own people,laws and customs, ie. try to avoid paying the legitimate taxes, speed and use electronic devices to avoid being caught, take advantage of less knowledgeable people, in other words not exactly criminals but not really nice people.
    The persons that I have met here have not shown themselves to be less than open and likeable – but then maybe I am naive!?

Annelise

Imxploring
    Participant

Hi Jennylynn…

Read my prior posting and if you have a question you can ask a follow up… I’m not a lawyer… but I see your question as pretty straight forward… as for residency… the first question is what type of residency are you going to apply for. Some simple on line research will provide the basics for each… then see which you qualify for…

There are three basic types… I’ll use english terms to make it simple for explaination purposes. They are 1.Investor 2.Pension 3.Renter

Each is a bit different… so here’s basic idea of each…

1. Investor… requires that you start or invest in a business… not just start a S.A. (Corp)… it requires REAL cash investment… the numbers are big… $100,000+/- depending on the type of business… the government has targeted areas of business development that requires less… some require more. There are lists available breaking down the types of businesses and the required investment. Hiring some locals to build your dream house in CR will NOT meet this standard.

2. Pension… Offered to retired folks that have a steady source of retirement income that must exceed amounts set by the government. The pension must be verified and normally must be secured. The amount are resonable and up for change currently. If you’re not a retiree or on social security… this isn’t an option.

3. Renter… Requires a large CASH deposit be placed in a CR bank and a set amount drawn each month… the amount is also up for change and is required for each family member… it is set up for a 5 year draw. Unless you have some real money… this is not for you…

This is the MOST basic of explanations… everything is subject to change and the current rules are in the middle of one such change… the amounts might change a bit… but the basics will most likely remain the same.

The simple question you have before you is… if you’re not a retiree getting a secured pension…. do you have $100,000+ to apply for one of the other residency options?

I hope this helps… I know it’s a basic explaination and does not cover all the issues… that’s what a good immigration attorney is for!

scottbenson

I am sure that I can find many nice people in New Yorks hells kitchen too! (I belive that is where it is or maybe it is Chicago)

jajajaja…

*Lotus

Regarding Hells Kitchen…gentrification and a booming real estate market here has made this a “Hot” neighborhood about 1000 dollars a square foot to buy. Perhaps Brownsville, Brooklyn would be a better analogy.

diego

Yoiu are naive because being likable and open has nothing to do with following the law.

Costa Rica used to be a place where people came to escape the US. It used to be called the land of the wanted and unwanted. Literally and figuratively. It looks like its going to be like the US now. Filled with follower drones ramping up the size of the government by increasing the taxes.

Give me small government, pot holes and infrastructure that is faulty, blackouts and all, before turning the populace and country into indoctrinated citizen that think they need big government to protect them and care for them. All this naiveté about being good little drones and playing by the rules which are designed to enlarge government, are not Tico customs.

Tico custom is to keep government small by not participating.

Most Gringos, like some of the ones writing here are speaking about Tico customs they know nothing about. They have their idea what Tico customs are or should be, but obviously have no practical experience with Ticos and their customs because the rule of Tico customs is to ignore laws that sponsor larger government. And good for them. Its the Gringo drones coming to CR and declaring full price on their property purchase (a Tico would never do that) that are working against Tico culture.

I’ll make a point. How many of you can honestly say that you know Ticos that file and pay their income taxes. Come on tell the truth. I am not talking about the isolated case here and there. I do not know any Ticos that even know when income taxes are due let alone pay them. That is not an exagerations. Antbody? Rest my point.

Please do not confuse Tico culture with Tico law. That is like using legality as criteria for ethics. What is legal is not necessarily ethical. So all those arm chair experts who whish to comment about Costa Rica culture please state your qualifications, your experience. I have 20 years under my belt. Seems like we have a lot of experts (?) expounding on that which they have no practical experience.

Most Gringos want to refashion Tico culture in the Gringo image. Ticos laugh at this. And only recently has the indoctrinated mentality began to penitrate the green wall. Too bad. 5 more years boys and girls, five more years and you will have so many Gringos down here participating with the system that Tico culture will be shot to hell and the reason people came to CR, escape high taxes etc will be gone.

Remember the US was founded by outlaws. Those escaping taxes. And every one is quick to fault the outlaws. Historically it has been the mavericks that blaze new ground. Most of you would have never heard of CR now if it wasn’t for the mavericks that went before you.

Also when the US have put the details on your indoctrination and now wants to take away your guns (no doubt with your approval due to your indoctrination) who will you run to when the poop hits the fan. The outlaws? Not likely because you have eliminated them all. Keep up the indoctrination diet US citizens and see where it gets you.

“US Love it or Leave it.” That’s why CR is so popular, as many do not love the US anymore so they are leaving it. To do what? Turn it into another US? This is done by influencing CR culture. When you come to CR play by the rules. The Tico cultural rules that is. Keep big government out!

maravilla

Whooppppeeee, Diego! If CR becomes a clone of the US, I’ll have to move to Paraguay or Argentina because I am trying to get away from the drones and their silly indoctrination.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Ticos will do what Ticos do Diego – yes we understand that!

But most of the VIP Members on this site are NOT Ticos, they are Gringos and as such are guests in this country and once again…

This website and our newsletter reaches a lot of people and although I agree with some of what you say, there can be no misunderstanding or confusion in the minds of our VIP Members that we – Scott Oliver and my associated companies can not be seen to, and will NEVER recommend that people “ignore”, bend or break Costa Rica laws no matter how stupid we think they are.

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED. THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED.

Best wishes

Scott Oliver
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.