Obama to visit Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Obama to visit Costa Rica

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    waggoner41

[quote=”agarcia”]Much ado about nothing. Move on and find a real cause in life. You could find much better ways to spend your time don’t you think?[/quote]

The birthers stay on this issue because they can’t find anything better to do. 😆

waggoner41

[quote=”beansandbooks”]Let’s all hope that the Big O isn’t bringing a copy of the 2700 page health care bill, that nobody in the US understands, along with him as a gift to the Costa Rican President. Now that would set CAJA back a bit. :D[/quote]

Every time I see a reference to that legislation the number of pages goes up and [b]up[/b] and [size=200]up.[/size]

I have a copy of the legislation and when you throw out the pork attached, it amounts to a little over 900 pages.

jmcbuilder
    Participant

[quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”beansandbooks”]Let’s all hope that the Big O isn’t bringing a copy of the 2700 page health care bill, that nobody in the US understands, along with him as a gift to the Costa Rican President. Now that would set CAJA back a bit. :D[/quote]

Every time I see a reference to that legislation the number of pages goes up and [b]up[/b] and [size=200]up.[/size]

I have a copy of the legislation and when you throw out the pork attached, it amounts to a little over 900 pages.[/quote]

Up and up it will go as they create this monster of a disaster. Too many fools with their heads in the sand to fight. Good luck!!!

Waggoner41, you are correct in that the finished bill is about 900 pages. I was referencing the early comments from the Goddess of Goodness (Pelosi) and other Politicos in the early stages when I think it was numbered in pages as I referenced. Of course depending on which talking head was discussing the length, the numbers varied, but it’s all moot as now we have the Nirvana of Health Care…….and it’s only about 900 pages long.:D
    I am sure the draft version and finished version went through a lot of polish and probably type face and page reduction along the way. A goodly number of our congress folks probably cannot read less than 14 or 16 point type anyway and sadly, the older I get the more I appreciate 14 point type! Have a great day and thanks for your correction.
    Pura Vida

pharg
    Participant

[quote=”beansandbooks”] A goodly number of our congress folks probably cannot read less than 14 or 16 point type anyway [/quote]

…..or refuse to read at all?

Mark Twain was right on many levels:

“Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”

and:

“There is no distinctly American criminal class – except Congress”

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Back in the early 1990s, there was an article on artificial stupidity in the Journal of Irreproducible Results. Its final conclusion was that you can program a modern computer to do almost anything, but you can never program it to think like a Congressman.

VictoriaLST

A sci-fi writer, Heinlein I think, said something like – ‘Never trust princes; since they don’t produce, they always steal.’ The same can be said of congressmen.

Andrew
    Keymaster

In case you missed it ….

Did you see that Costa Rica is actually considering declaring a holiday for the day Obomber arrives?

“Se está valorando el asueto para facilitar la fluidez de tráfico en el Gran Área Metropolitana”, [url=http://www.nacion.com/2013-04-09/ElPais/Asueto-por-visita-de-Barack-Obama-a-Costa-Rica-se-definira-una-semana-antes.aspx]declaró l ministro de Comunicación, Francisco Chacón.[/url]

Supposedly they will announce whether it will or will not be a “holiday” (asueto) before the 26th April …

I would like to politely suggest that declaring a day of mourning would be far more appropriate for Obomber’s visit to Costa Rica than a “holiday!”

Scott

davidd

Scott

perfect example of some bureaucrat.. making a decision with tax payers money..

sure give the people off.. they still get paid.. but who cares its not my money :shock::shock::shock:

how much does a day of work in the government cost the taxpayers here?? a million dollars?/

[quote=”Scott”]In case you missed it ….

Did you see that Costa Rica is actually considering declaring a holiday for the day Obomber arrives?

“Se está valorando el asueto para facilitar la fluidez de tráfico en el Gran Área Metropolitana”, [url=http://www.nacion.com/2013-04-09/ElPais/Asueto-por-visita-de-Barack-Obama-a-Costa-Rica-se-definira-una-semana-antes.aspx]declaró l ministro de Comunicación, Francisco Chacón.[/url]

Supposedly they will announce whether it will or will not be a “holiday” (asueto) before the 26th April …

I would like to politely suggest that declaring a day of mourning would be far more appropriate for Obomber’s visit to Costa Rica than a “holiday!”

Scott

[/quote]

johnnyh

Does anybody have any ideas what Hussein Obama wants to talk about? Drugs? Chinese hegemony over C.R.?
    Will it be a private meeting, or a televised affair?
    And now we have El Supremo, designer glasses Ortega joining in. Will Chinchilla ask Hussein to spank Ortega?
    Will el morenito get everything he wants?

Kwhite1

[quote=”johnnyh”]Does anybody have any ideas what Hussein Obama wants to talk about? Drugs? Chinese hegemony over C.R.?
    Will it be a private meeting, or a televised affair?
    And now we have El Supremo, designer glasses Ortega joining in. Will Chinchilla ask Hussein to spank Ortega?
    Will el morenito get everything he wants?[/quote]

Johnny, I think he wants to talk about how great the economy is in the US, ohhh, and how he would love to ban guns and the 2nd amendment, and how awesome Obamacare is, and he shot a 79 on the front nine, but that only cost the tax payers $23,000 per hole because he used a foot wedge on a few shots, and did he mention Jzee and Beyonce stopped by? I think he also wants to talk about reducing Social Security and Medicare benefits because the nasty GOP wants to throw Grandma off a cliff, and only pay rich oil tycoons billions of dollars in tax breaks. He also mentioned we need the rich to pay thier fair share (even though the pay 89% of the taxes, those evil rich bastards), ohh and he will mention that middle class tax hikes are coming because the rich don’t pay thier fair share. And…I’m sure there will be some other BS flowing too but I think I covered the jest of it. It should be a really good speech, I will be glued to the TV for sure!!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.