Nicaragua Getting Cozy with Russia

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Nicaragua Getting Cozy with Russia

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Imxploring
    Participant

Dear Lotus…. Since you still find it IMPOSSIBLE to answer a very simple and direct question…. I’ll do it for you…. YES! Even with all the problems… mistakes… with the good and bad…. YES… The world is a better place over the past 100 years because of the USA! There you have it…. a CONCLUSION based on a study of the facts… and history! It’s not my ego… I’m not some crazy flag waver… blinded by the media… unlike yourself I look at the total picture and CAN draw a conclusion… I see the BAD and the GOOD that the US has done… the things I like…. and the things I don’t.

As for your latest statement “We could can say the same about China, Iran, Germany, Russia,Italy, Africa and on and on…have the people in these places made the world a better place?” Come on my friend… are you for real? Are any of these countries in anyway involved at the level that the US is when there’s a problem? Does ANYONE look to them to take a leadership role when things get tough and the work needs to be done? Does anyone look to Africa when there’s a need for assistance or money??? And the list goes on! PLEASE!!!!

So once again…. draw a conclusion…. and answer the question…. IS THE WORLD BETTER OFF OVER THE PAST 100 YEARS WITH OR WITHOUT THE US??? YES OR NO LOTUS!!! Stop with the dance and the histroy massage… and answer a VERY SIMPLE question. Or has that cloaked hate of the US (that you say you don’t have) make it impossible for you to give Uncle Sam ANY credit? Or perhaps you know that a NO will expose your true feelings and place you in a position you cannot defend? Don’t worry… the liberal party won’t toss you if you whisper… “yes’…

So let’s keep it simple…. YES or NO…. no dance… no smoke screen… no psycho babble… no pretend history lesson…. no double talk….just answer the question! Perhaps it’s you that would make the better politician!!! LOL

edlreed

I hope your name suggests an open mind. Perhaps you don’t know about the Hawaiians in the World Court trying to get THEIR country back? A paradise literally stolen by armed United States military force for the benefit of Christian missionaries who had brought GOD to their shores.
    It is not MY country (yes, I’m a US citizen and military veteran) that is putting military outposts all over the world. It is not MY leader who is embarassing everyone with his ridiculous views and smirks while people die and go bankrupt.
    Is any of this current military and economic situation a surprise to anyone that pays any attention at all? Have we all not looked (or lived in) those masses of tract homes appraised for ridiculous prices and made the obvious conclusion in our own minds? Have we all not witnessed the breaking down of the independent lumbermen, fishermen, unions and farmers, while “our” country deregulates and they are swallowed up? Are we not all aware of the education “our” children are receiving? They can’t spell, don’t know where Washington, DC, is…but have you noticed the amazing similarity between their video games and the inside controls on a tank?
    The status quo in this country is if you have calluses on your hands, you are a fool.
    This is not by accident or fate…and you both know this. Yet…yet…Bubba is still your president, and if this process is going on in this country, you “exploring” still hold the stance we are a force for the betterment of the world?

Imxploring
    Participant

Once again… the question was… Is the world a better/worse place because of the US over the last 100 years? That’s the time frame… not during Billy Bob’s tenure… nor Budda’s…. not a short time frame… lets look over the last 100 years… just to be fair!

All great empires rise and fall… and along the way make mistakes and suffer some major bumps. I don’t think our time has come for the big fall (yet)… but the most recent “crisis” is a wake up call not only to the leaders running the show… but to the people that make up this nation… time to get back to basics… stop trying to keep up with the Jones’… stop fueling an economy that’s whole engine is based on growing consumption…. live within your means… think about your community NOT yourself…. spend the same amount of time reading to your kids as you did researching which plasma TV to buy… get your life in order…. remember what is important… don’t look for government to make it all right… get self reliant…

Sad to say the values and quailities that got this country through the great depression are long lost these days…. so no doubt it’s going to be a tougher road this time… best you be prepared for it!

I liked your comment “The status quo in this country is if you have calluses on your hands, you are a fool.”… There’s a great country song out where the theme is “I’m a country man”… one of the lines is “I can grow my own groceries and salt cure a ham…” Both of which may become VERY important skills very soon… so I would never look down on someone that works hard for a living! Heck I saw this thing coming in March… Transferred everything to cash (401K… Other investments)… and this summer learned how to can fruits and veggies… and there was a reason I researched (10 years) and built a home in CR 3 years ago!

The attitude and mentality of the people are as much to blame as the politicians for what’s going on right now…. so I guess in some strange way our political leaders do truly represent the folks putting them in office! In many ways it’s not the politicians we should be afraid of… it’s the culture of the people that’s evolved in this country that should TRULY to be feared!

The next question is… what will history say 100 years from now about where we are and what we’ve done?

Edited on Oct 12, 2008 15:36

*Lotus

What does this mean to “hate America”? Does it mean to hate the dirt or the architecture? The infrastructure, people? The current or past administration’s? The restaurants, beaches or mountains? It’s a curious accusation to lob at someone you have never met, outside of a few posts on a forum. I don’t see anywhere in any of my posts that I state or imply that I hate America. I don’t think you can disagree with some of the historical facts I have posted here? I have not expressed any political views why assume I’m a liberal?(I’m not for the record). Imexploring what are you so worked up about anyway? Because I don’t see things as simple black or white, good or bad the way you would like me to…that seems to anger you. As an American(or human) am I not allowed to express myself the way I see fit on my own terms, why can’t you simply accept this?. That doesn’t make me an America hater-why would it? Are only your opinions valid? Is that what America is about to you? I think I was quite clear that both good and bad have come from the existence of America, but you are upset that I won’t emphatically state “It’s all been for the best in the last 100 years”. And if I don’t I am a “liberal”(is that bad or un-American?), Or a “cloaked America hater”. I shot a 78 today(golfing) so not even this silliness can aggravate me. And Scott I really enjoyed the Video interview with the two Brits! Lovely folks and hope I can drop in on them someday.(Thought I would throw that in here and not start a whole new thread.)

Imxploring
    Participant

So you’re still unable to give me a YES or NO? Amazing…. you’re the PERFECT politician not me!!! LOL

Not worked up at all my friend…. just enjoying watching someone spin in the net unable/unwilling to form an opinion on a pretty simple question. Why is it so VERY hard to answer the question… I NEVER asked you to state it’s been all good so where does this comment on your part come from “…. but you are upset that I won’t emphatically state “It’s all been for the best in the last 100 years”.”…. I said it hasn’t been all good…. nor all bad! The question was…. Is the world a better/worse place because of the US over the last 100 years???

You claim not to hate the US…. but why then is it so VERY difficult to give her credit? I think that inability speak volumes for my assessment of your views.

Perhaps the answer is something you refuse to admit… no need to be a lover or hater of the US… just a scholar of history with the ability to form an informed opinion as to the balance of good and bad. I’ll leave the reader to determine if my assessment is on target.

Edited on Oct 12, 2008 21:12

Andrew
    Keymaster

You can keep on asking the same question ‘Imxploring’ but it would appear that you are not going to get the answer that you want.

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Imxploring
    Participant

Thanks Scott… not that I was asking for an specific answer… just an answer! A simple yes or no would have been thrilling…. much like talking to a spouse!!! LOL

*Lotus

I also have enjoyed the freedoms of living in the US, but can not agree the “good out weighs the bad”.

The first thing I actually wrote, your question was answered.
    Just like a “spouse” you don’t pay attention very well.Lol.

Edited on Oct 14, 2008 05:14

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.