New Residency Laws

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum New Residency Laws

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    albertoB

I was only trying to show how trying to stop one type of person affects so many others.

I spend stretches of time in CR. Sometimes 2 months, sometimes three months. Sometimes I leave for 72 hours, sometimes 2 months.

I have a home in CR and a business in CR but I have no interest in becoming a citizen. I have dual citizenship in other countries and applying here would mean giving up somewhere else. I employ only Costa Ricans, pay the Caja, Seguros, impuestos and file all the required papers but I don’t work here.

If a country needs employment for their people and offer ways to accomplish that, as a perpetual tourist, I fulfill their wishes. They get my money, their citizens are gainfully employed, and I enjoy my time here.

Can’t beat that for a win/win.
    We don’t need to demolish the house when just closing the door would keep the rats out.

Alberto

2bncr

Alberto – I am in your corner on this one. If it ain’t broke than don’t fix it. I am kind of sick of the holier than thou “ we know how to run things” opinion I read about immigration and acting as guests here: which is code for “do things different than the Ticos do.” And that is just masked “we know better” attitude.

I’d give anything if CR was like it was 20 years ago.

I love the US as my friends and family are there but I have serious disdain for western governments and culture. I don’t care where you are from or what color you are, if you are coming to CR you should behave like the Ticos in certain regards. If not, you upset the apple cart and we get the progressive Arias types. Which bring us no progress at all. Just move us closer to US culture.

US culture sucks. Internet dating and no time to live. Now these holier than thou who think they are trend setters want to establish a new staus quo because they think they know best. The cyber conquistadors who buck the way things are TRADITIONALLY done here are the ones screwing it up.

maravilla

I’m so glad YOU said all of that! At least I won’t get the heat for that one! But you are right — American culture? Isn’t that an oxymoron? I didn’t move to CR to live in a little US — I moved there to live in a Latin culture that is now slowly being watered down with all the gringos’ requests for things to be done as they are in the US. Too bad.

scottbenson

I am so glad you said that too, I hate the politicaly correct people in the U.S. and wish that all the crazy liberals would stay out of Costa
    Rica. I mean really you don’t see any ticos taking diversity class or stupid stuff like that which U.S. culture has pounded into peoples head.

If we can keep all of those kinds of people out of Costa Rica it will stay a normal Latino country!

2bncr

These politically correct types are the ones that pay all the taxes to build the government into the huge mess it is and it has turned like a pit bull on its owners. Do we really need nice roads and a big central government watching us and restricting us? I am a big boy – don’t need mommy no mo! I dislike the new transit law. I don’t want inhumane exorbitant fines. I’ll take my chances with drunk drivers. I don’t need big mother here too telling me to put my helmet on. I came here to be free. Not be enslaved by rules and taxes, so we can have a nice tidy little country that foreigners feel safe in. I have never expected to feel safe as defined by US standards (which is nothing but a false sense of security).

Foreigners are making this place a mess because they will not assimilate. If you want nice roads and overall functionality stay in the states. Leave our happy somewhat physically dysfunctional society alone. At least we are not culturally dysfunctional and looking to the central government for handouts.

We take care of our own on my street. If that happened street by street, we wouldn’t need the federal government. It’s nothing but an arm of the developers anyways. Screw the developers is what I say. They love nothing but money and their little Gringo enclaves are lame.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.