Need a romantic beachfront resort in the Jaco area

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Need a romantic beachfront resort in the Jaco area

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    sharrack

Hi everyone,
    Well I’m usually in CR chasing venomous serpents and other wildlife but my next trip in January will be with my new love.
    I enjoy the Jaco area and the villa lapas resort so is there a nice beachfront resort for a romantic couple in the area?
    Any other beach related tips would be greatly appreciated since my field time in CR keeps me far from the beaches.
    or……..feel free to recommend another location if you were really impressed. Thanks , kenny Sharrocks

Andrew
    Keymaster

It’s NOT in Jaco and it’s NOT on the beach but it is near Jaco and is definitely elegant, romantic and truly magnificent.

Villas Caletas

But, this place is in demand so you will need to book FAST.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

poppell

Avoid Jaco if you want “romantic”….its too busy.
    I have enjoyed Canciones Del Mar in Jaco though. Great breakfast and right on the beach.

Try Estorillos centro or este….rent a house. Plenty of isolation, great walking beach at low tide. Do your grocery shopping in Jaco and kick back when you get to the beach.

Look at Hotel Delphin in Playa Bejuco too.

*Lotus

Villa Calletas is amazing and very romantic although there beach is not all that great. Xandari just opened up in Esterillos and has small private villas on the beach, http://www.xandari.com

sharrack

Thanks for the info but the Jaco area is for me because of Carrara park,
    the resort grounds of Villa lapas and the mountain it’s on.
    I also have a freind with land in Matapalo so the Jaco – Tarcoles area is a central locale for me. Kenny S

sharrack

one more thing………..does anyone have the website addy of Hotel Mango across the street from the Airport?
    For some reason it does not come up on Google.
    Thanks again. Kenny S>

wmaes47

sharrack

I don’t think they have a web address, but I did find other information:

Hotel Mango, 011(506)443-1200, fax 011(506)440-0808, mango@racsa.co.cr , ½ kilometer east of the airport terminal on the old road to San Jose. Nice place. Clean with all of the amenities. Great swimming pool. Planes fly right over hotel as with all hotels in this area. Pleasant people. $75-85 for a double. Transportation to and from airport and breakfast included.

Enjoy Costa Rica
    Bill Maes

*Lotus

There is a little place right on the ocean just south of Jaco, about 1/2 km. I just can not remember the name but it looks pretty nice and the location is Jaco without being in Jaco.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hey lotus

Did you walk down to the beach and back at Villas Caletas or did you drive?

Scott Oliver

jiten

Daystar properties has Condos available for rent and they are right on the Beach. I have stayed there several times. Check out their website http://www.daystar-properties.com , and look at their reservation section. You can contact them and ask for Larry or Siria. You can also always take a taxi to Villa Calitas in the evening to enjoy the sunset.

*Lotus

Scott you got me on this, a good friend just came back and stayed at Villa Calletas and told me the beach was’nt that great and we have traveled a bit together so I took her word on this. Am I wrong? I believe they have a shuttle to there own beach? I must say I love the rest of it, can’t beat the sunsets and a mango martini!

Andrew
    Keymaster

The walk TO the beach is very pleasant, the walk BACK from the beach UP a VERY steep hill could literally kill you if you’re not extremely fit…

For the average tourist, I would not recommend walking back.

Scott Oliver
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

jneiman

Romance in Jaco… walking hand in hand on the beach with some crackhead asking you for money while you get a strange foot fungus from the ocean scum that washes over the black sand. Later, you discover a hyperdermic needle that’s been stuck in your sandle from your lovely walk. While winding down your day, you find yourself distracted by the numerous ladies of the evening as you and your gal try to enjoy a drink at the Beatle Bar.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Jeez! jneiman – I know Jaco is not for everyone but has it deteriorated that much in the past few months since I was last there or is it actually improving?

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

PS. Some might say that if you are “distracted by the numerous ladies of the evening” then you’re ‘gal’ is not distracting enough for you? 🙂 (I am ONLY teasing you …)

*Lotus

Lol!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.