Merry Christmas! you may have some interest in this …

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Merry Christmas! you may have some interest in this …

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    *Lotus

I guess a post like this is bound to draw all sorts of attention /responces. But really I was just trying to shine a little light on this effort by a few folks to shelter some children in need. Talk is good but actions speak louder.

Maria has been seriously injured in a car accident, so I think they need a little extra help and support these days.

Versatile

[quote=”sprite”][quote=”GEEGEE”]Thank you.
    Yes it is a shame, that this country is getting rated
    high for this kind of behavior, child abuse and sex
    with BABIES/Children. Sorry, for my ignorance on this issue but is prostitution legal here?
    They have a license/health card/and they are organized by the government?
    Does this include the children that are in the these Broths,
    also. Does the C.R. government sanction that is is ok for children also? Like the Phillip’s?[quote=”GEEGEE”]

I am told prostitution is legal in Costa Rica. I have no problem with consenting adults doing whatever they wish with each other as long as it doesn’t inconvenience me too much or happen in public. But when you have all of these emotionally and sexually retarded and broken adults from the legally repressive US culture coming to CR to pay for sex, you are bound to attract others with more egregious appetites and behaviors.[/quote]

Sprite i think you are wrong. I have been to CR ten times and some of my friends many more and there is usually about 6-7 guys in our group. We go all over CR and get around. I have seen pick pockets in action and people shot dead lying in the streets and we have been to many bars and never once has anyone mentioned that,or we were ever approached for child sex or even had it mentioned or even offered in passing as to be checking us out. I agree there are many perverts in the USA but i doubt the Gringo is the problem. i suspect Tico/Nica involvement. Let’s take a good look at that pimp mayor Marvilla speaks of.
    I myself am very proud to have had the opportunity to hold a stun gun to the neck of a pedophile here in the states back in the late 80’s.About 75 people saw and heard what i had to say and he left town after that.

GEEGEE

Your post was well meant and I took it that way. No need to
    apologize. I e-mailed them that day to ask what do they need. I do want to help and hope that all that is reading this will help also.
    WE can help make a small difference. I am not sure what town
    they are in to be able to volunteer some time to help with the children.

GeeGee

uote=”*Lotus”]I guess a post like this is bound to draw all sorts of attention /responces. But really I was just trying to shine a little light on this effort by a few folks to shelter some children in need. Talk is good but actions speak louder.

Maria has been seriously injured in a car accident, so I think they need a little extra help and support these days.[/quote]

2bncr

Where are they located? Does anyone actually know them face to face?

They had quoted some disputed study and I see they have since taken it off their site.

I am all for helping but I am against sensationalism. Look at all the cultural casualities we Americans have endured at the hands of Hollywood.

The mental wounds sustained back home are huge in comparisson to any tragedy Costa Rica may have suffered anywhere at anytime.

Even one tragedy is too many. But look to the source and treat the cause rather than the wound and then you will prevent more wounds that you could have ever treated.

*Lotus

[quote=”2bncr”]Where are they located? Does anyone actually know them face to face?

They had quoted some disputed study and I see they have since taken it off their site.

I am all for helping but I am against sensationalism. Look at all the cultural casualities we Americans have endured at the hands of Hollywood.

The mental wounds sustained back home are huge in comparisson to any tragedy Costa Rica may have suffered anywhere at anytime.

Even one tragedy is too many. But look to the source and treat the cause rather than the wound and then you will prevent more wounds that you could have ever treated.[/quote]

I posted this here because it is a site dealing with Costa Rican issues. Not everyone here is an American either, so “back home” can be many different places. A friend that runs a charity called http://www.slaverynomore.com brought this group to our attention.

If you would like to know more about them before offering help, perhaps email one of the persons listed on the site or google their name. This is a small group trying to simply help abused children in Costa Rica.

I personally have gotten so much from this country I am happy to try and give a little something back.

2bncr

I am not implying that helping out in CR is a bad thing.

Just looking a little deeper.

Sure treat the symptom but also realize and do something about the cause.

Also the vast majority of people on this site are from the US.

Apologies to the PC police.

Its well understood that what happens in the US is of practical consequence to Costa Rica such as tourism, and yes not all tourists are from the US but if you don’t count Nicaraguans I would think the vast majority are Americans and that the overall amount of money spent here most is by far spent by Americans.

*Lotus

This group is about treating the victims.

Agreed; I suggest you look deeper.

How do you know that of the thousands of registered VIP members and the people that casually log on, that the majority are from the US? Just a guess?

I know many people like to talk, but talk is cheap as they say. Maria and her crew may not be perfect, perhaps if you look hard enough you may even find faults. But she is making sacrifices to help those that need help.

2bncr

Do you know these people or are you relaying info according to the website?

Has anybody on in this discussion ever met these people face to face?

Just asking…

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.