Merry Christmas! you may have some interest in this …

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Merry Christmas! you may have some interest in this …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    *Lotus
    GEEGEE

This is something each one of us reading this site, can do to help make this a better/safe place for the children of C.R.
    This is a must for us to get behind this Organization.
    This would be making a positive differenct. They can use
    funds, gifts, donations and volunteers.

G.G.
    [quote=”*Lotus”]http://salvandocorazones.org/Salvando_Corazones/Home.html[/quote]

maravilla

too bad they let that pervert public official who, along with his chofer, has been preying on children for years using public funds, transportation, etc. and was caught with over 1000 sexually explicit videos involving very young children. letting those guys out of jail gave a very strong message that children, esp disenfranchised children and young women, are not valued in this country. truly a disappoint.

GEEGEE

Maravilla,

There are many things that we just don’t have much control over. But like eating good food, building community is something that you can do, right here, right now, in this place Costa Rica,where you are now — whether or not you have a job, an education, or a car. Be the first one on your block to reach out and touch your neighbor. Find — together in Christ — a new sense of purpose and life on your street. Make your neighborhood your village and find the truth that humans have learned the hard way. United we stand, divided we fall — cooperation is as important as competition. Maybe, at certain times and places, it’s even more important.

You start building a good neighborhood when you yourself decide that you will be a good neighbor. IT takes a town to
    raise a child. What are you/ we going to do to help? Pointing fingers is not the solution, but protecting the ones NOW that we can save. IF we can protect 1000 children we can save 2000 tomorrow. THAT IS A STRONGER MESSAGE…. WE CARE, WE PROTECT, WE MAKE A STAND, WE VALUE THE CHILDREN.

gg

[quote=”maravilla”]too bad they let that pervert public official who, along with his chofer, has been preying on children for years using public funds, transportation, etc. and was caught with over 1000 sexually explicit videos involving very young children. letting those guys out of jail gave a very strong message that children, esp disenfranchised children and young women, are not valued in this country. truly a disappoint.[/quote]

maravilla

i do all those things, geegee, and always have, and when a single mother with a child was being hassled by a sexual predator in my neighborhood, i made sure that guy was kicked out of our neighborhood and supported the mother/child when she went after him in court. he is now serving 8 years in the clink in puntarenas. my neighborhood and my little village is something i have worked for to protect and to promote. i know nearly everyone, and even if i don’t know them personally, they know ME! hopefully, they will prosecute this mayor and his chofer, and send a strong message to other pedophiles that they are not welcome here (ooops, i guess i am discriminating again!), but most importantly we have to let children know that they CAN report this kind of abuse and they will be protected, not watching the accused being released from jail with lots of fanfare.

GEEGEE

Good for you. Keep up the good work. You cant control
    what the courts did or who they let go… BUT make sure
    others get arrested for their actions and hope the
    courts will get the message and help protect the victums.

Discrimintory defined:
    Discrimination is the prejudicial treatment of an individual based on their membership in a certain group/ social society, color, nationality or category.( rich, poor,celebrity) It involves the actual behaviors towards groups such as excluding or restricting members of one group from opportunities that are AVAILABLE to another groups or people…..
    NO,in this discussion you are not il·lus·trat·ing, discrimination.

Merry Xmas,
    gg

[quote=”maravilla”]i do all those things, geegee, and always have, and when a single mother with a child was being hassled by a sexual predator in my neighborhood, i made sure that guy was kicked out of our neighborhood and supported the mother/child when she went after him in court. he is now serving 8 years in the clink in puntarenas. my neighborhood and my little village is something i have worked for to protect and to promote. i know nearly everyone, and even if i don’t know them personally, they know ME! hopefully, they will prosecute this mayor and his chofer, and send a strong message to other pedophiles that they are not welcome here (ooops, i guess i am discriminating again!), but most importantly we have to let children know that they CAN report this kind of abuse and they will be protected, not watching the accused being released from jail with lots of fanfare.[/quote]

clewis

Great post GEEGEE. Maravilla I hope you show less discrimination in the new year. I want to wish you too a Merry Christmas and a joyous and peaceful new year. To the silent majority on this site God Bless you all.

maravilla

you’re starting to sound like a Fox newscaster with this discrimination mantra, twisting something that isn’t into something that suits your agenda! it is absolutely NOT discrimination to comment on the socio-economic effects that occur when there is a shift in demographics. sheesh. but nonetheless, happy new year to all.

clewis

[quote=”maravilla”]you’re starting to sound like a Fox newscaster with this discrimination mantra, twisting something that isn’t into something that suits your agenda! it is absolutely NOT discrimination to comment on the socio-economic effects that occur when there is a shift in demographics. sheesh. but nonetheless, happy new year to all.[/quote]

Whatever

smekuly

Clewis

can I ask you a very personal question?????? 😀 and please don’t take offense.

can I kn ow what it is that your smoking because i would love to get my hands on some of that 🙂

happy new year

GEEGEE

With all the about remarks… Cant you just e mail
    a person ( personally and ask those stupid questions).
    I and others in this form are not interested in what he or you might be OR not be smoking. IF you are really wanting to
    know e mail him personally. I think that would be kinder
    and more American than childish. I will not reply back to
    this is. IT is coming to a point where an outsider can
    not tell WHO is insane in these meaning less discussions.

With all do respect dont take Offense????
    gg

[quote=”smekuly”]Clewis

can I ask you a very personal question?????? 😀 and please don’t take offense.

can I kn ow what it is that your smoking because i would love to get my hands on some of that 🙂

happy new year[/quote]

sprite

It’s best to ignore those two, Geegee. Don’t even respond.

The prevalence of pedophilia in the general population is estimated to be under 5% and about half of those offenders were victims of molestation as children. If Costa Rica is having a problem with this nasty human behavior, then much of it has to be coming from outside the country.

Praying to Jesus or whatever other Santa Claus in the clouds you have will do nothing to address this problem. Prosecuting sex tourists, whether they are here for adults or not, would seem a more pragmatic approach. Perhaps legalized prostitution is part of the problem. I am not sure but apparently, something is attracting a lot of perverted behavior to this country.

GEEGEE

Thank you.
    Yes it is a shame, that this country is getting rated
    high for this kind of behavior, child abuse and sex
    with BABIES/Children. Sorry, for my ignorance on this issue but is prostitution legal here?
    They have a license/health card/and they are organized by the government?
    Does this include the children that are in the these Broths,
    also. Does the C.R. government sanction that is is ok for children also? Like the Phillip’s?

gg

[quote=”sprite”]It’s best to ignore those two, Geegee. Don’t even respond.

The prevalence of pedophilia in the general population is estimated to be under 5% and about half of those offenders were victims of molestation as children. If Costa Rica is having a problem with this nasty human behavior, then much of it has to be coming from outside the country.

Praying to Jesus or whatever other Santa Claus in the clouds you have will do nothing to address this problem. Prosecuting sex tourists, whether they are here for adults or not, would seem a more pragmatic approach. Perhaps legalized prostitution is part of the problem. I am not sure but apparently, something is attracting a lot of perverted behavior to this country.[/quote]

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”maravilla”]you’re starting to sound like a Fox newscaster with this discrimination mantra, twisting something that isn’t into something that suits your agenda! it is absolutely NOT discrimination to comment on the socio-economic effects that occur when there is a shift in demographics. sheesh. but nonetheless, happy new year to all.[/quote]

Maravilla – it appears that you are discriminating against Fox newscasters!

sprite

[quote=”GEEGEE”]Thank you.
    Yes it is a shame, that this country is getting rated
    high for this kind of behavior, child abuse and sex
    with BABIES/Children. Sorry, for my ignorance on this issue but is prostitution legal here?
    They have a license/health card/and they are organized by the government?
    Does this include the children that are in the these Broths,
    also. Does the C.R. government sanction that is is ok for children also? Like the Phillip’s?[quote=”GEEGEE”]

I am told prostitution is legal in Costa Rica. I have no problem with consenting adults doing whatever they wish with each other as long as it doesn’t inconvenience me too much or happen in public. But when you have all of these emotionally and sexually retarded and broken adults from the legally repressive US culture coming to CR to pay for sex, you are bound to attract others with more egregious appetites and behaviors.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.