looking for wood

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum looking for wood

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    DavidCMurray
    Participant

Re: almond

It’s my understanding that harvesting almond is illegal in Costa Rica. What’s more, importing any wood is fraught with legal obstacles since the importer must prove that the wood (even wooden pallets and smoker chips) was not cut from virgin forests. So while it is legal to import non-virgin source almond into Costa Rica, one would be well advised to be able to prove its origin.

johnr

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Re: almond

It’s my understanding that harvesting almond is illegal in Costa Rica. What’s more, importing any wood is fraught with legal obstacles since the importer must prove that the wood (even wooden pallets and smoker chips) was not cut from virgin forests. So while it is legal to import non-virgin source almond into Costa Rica, one would be well advised to be able to prove its origin.[/quote]

That’s good to know David. I didn’t even think to ask those types of questions. I’ll have to check it out.

rward

The almond tree is protected in Costa Rica. It is protected because it is a primary home for the Great Green Macaw, an endangered species of beautiful birds.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.