Limon, Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Limon, Costa Rica

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Orosi Riley

I am shocked anyone would want to live in Limon. On our first trip (1992) to Costa Rica, we had 3 nights planned in Limon and fled after the first night. Go south 20 miles and it is beautiful. Or even better, head to the hills where the temperture is nice in the Central Valley.
    If I could select one work for Limon, it would be hellhole. Sorry for the frankness on Limon, but there are many other areas that are nice and you do not have to worry about living another day in paradise.

sprite

I am not well traveled on Costa Rica’s coasts on either side. The few towns I have seen on the Pacific coast were quite ugly and I felt the urge to leave for the mountains. Even the more modern looking town of Jaco has enough of a reputation for crime that I avoid it. This probably has more to do with a higher concentration of foreign national wealth than with an indigenous propensity for crime. No doubt there are great places near or on the beaches. My limited travels have just not shown me one yet.

On the other hand, all of the major population areas in the central Valley outside of San Jose that I have visited seem quite safe and attractive relative to coastal areas. This is just my very inexperienced opinion.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.